JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky struck an unusually subdued tone as he addressed his nation this week, hinting at a willingness to negotiate with Russia for the first time since Moscow launched its full-scale invasion more than two years ago.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Israeli airstrikes targeted Houthi rebels in Yemen a day after the Iran-backed group claimed a deadly attack on the Israeli city of Tel Aviv. Israeli strikes targeted oil facilities in the port on Yemen’s west coast and injured at least 80 people, most of them with “severe burns.”

Meanwhile, Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs Israel Katz called on the international community to “maximize sanctions on Iran.”

“Iran supports, trains, and finances the Houthi terror organization as part of its regional network of terror organizations aimed at attacking Israel,” he said.

“Iran is the head of the snake – it must be stopped now,” Katz added.https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/20/middleeast/yemen-israel-strikes-hodeidah-intl/index.html

Israeli airstrikes targeted Houthi rebels in Yemen a day after the Iran-backed group claimed a deadly attack on the Israeli city of Tel Aviv. Israeli strikes targeted oil facilities in the port on Yemen’s west coast and injured at least 80 people, most of them with “severe burns.”

Meanwhile, Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs Israel Katz called on the international community to “maximize sanctions on Iran.”

“Iran supports, trains, and finances the Houthi terror organization as part of its regional network of terror organizations aimed at attacking Israel,” he said.

“Iran is the head of the snake – it must be stopped now,” Katz added.https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/20/middleeast/yemen-israel-strikes-hodeidah-intl/index.html

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

20 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

“Where we are now is not in a good place,” the top US diplomat said at the Aspen Security Forum Friday.

There was a movie referred to me by a brother who has been following what is going on in Europe and the Middle East. It made my hair stand on end: https://archive.org/details/1984-threads-remastered/1984+-+Threads+(Remastered).mkv

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

That film was even grimmer than The Day After.  

What would we do without the Kingdom Hope, hey?

Once the bomb dropped at about 50 minutes I skipped ahead to see the snippets of the result. I couldn't watch the second half of the movie as it was so grim.

4 minutes ago, Sackedbysapp said:

With Biden pulling out and maybe his vice president running I wanted to check this photo…

IMG_0060.jpeg

I thought she was the head of the Secret Service. There are no worse than women in this type of service, well, according to Hollywood🙄

1 hour ago, chuck83 said:

we will have everything we need to endure.

Endure and prosper  (Sounds like Mr. Spock)  Not Spock.  Governing Body.

w24 May pg 8  par 2  "We can be certain that by the time the great tribulation starts we will know all we need to know in order to endure faithfully and even prosper during that challenging period".

So, maybe we won't be hiding in the basement or attic?  Maybe our unity and courage will put the world on notice that Jehovah is the True God and no weapon formed against us will have any success.

I will keep on the watch for more hints from the GB that we will prosper during the GT.  

3 hours ago, Doug said:

endure faithfully and even prosper during that challenging period

This has made my day when I first read.

Also this: 

3 hours ago, Doug said:

by the time the great tribulation starts we will know all we need 

So food at proper time as Jesus has promised

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I don't know what it is, in me, that is really ready, but what I am sure of is that I wait for it every hour of my life and that the little soldier that I am only lives for this battle that I will fight by remaining calm, the commander gives me this order before the hostilities even begin. It is this calm that I work on the most.

17 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

I don't know what it is, in me, that is really ready, but what I am sure of is that I wait for it every hour of my life and that the little soldier that I am only lives for this battle that I will fight by remaining calm, the commander gives me this order before the hostilities even begin. It is this calm that I work on the most.

I understand. I went for a walk this morning and spoke to Jehovah. Whatever I am lacking I pray Jehovah gives me the insight to make whatever adjustments I need to before that day comes. And to help those that I can. Because it will be upon us before we know it. 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

10 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

One question, are you prepared for the things that lie ahead? 

Is anyone ready or prepared for that matter.  We have waited for years for those of us that have been in the truth longer than most.  We know that Jehovah is just.  His throne is founded on Justice.

Just like a mother carries her children Jehovah is that tender if not even more so.  The picture of Jesus in one of our watchtowers shows him carrying a sheep in his fold.  Such tenderness.

We are ready for the system to end, we are ready for suffering to end, we are ready for injustice to end, we are ready for wars to end.  Are we ready and are we prepared?   I answer you with a resounding YES!

Come Lord Jesus, Come!

10 minutes ago, cme said:

Is anyone ready or prepared for that matter.  We have waited for years for those of us that have been in the truth longer than most.  We know that Jehovah is just.  His throne is founded on Justice.

Just like a mother carries her children Jehovah is that tender if not even more so.  The picture of Jesus in one of our watchtowers shows him carrying a sheep in his fold.  Such tenderness.

We are ready for the system to end, we are ready for suffering to end, we are ready for injustice to end, we are ready for wars to end.  Are we ready and are we prepared?   I answer you with a resounding YES!

Come Lord Jesus, Come!

A M E N

52 minutes ago, Honeyflake said:

At the convention in Switzerland Brother Lett gave the closing talk. He said: Jehovah's day is certain. For this to happen, the war in the Ukraine does not have to end or there has to be peace in the Middle East, and no new president has to be elected.

So true. There isn't any reason to speculate on any of the events that are happening in the world, Jehovah's Day will arrive on schedule no matter what.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D