JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

8 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

Hehe. Looks like some rubbish weather coming from aussie in the meantime. 

Oh.. so you're saying that some "good weather" came occasionally? I have to find out where to complain about it. 🤣

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

8 hours ago, JennyM said:

I remember when Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.

What do you eat to live that long Jenny? I am ready to give up donuts if necessary ... LOL 🤣

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

59 minutes ago, Mattclaxton said:

Whenever it is THEY  are saying peace and security 

who are THEY, politicians or someone els?

Hello there Brother Matt. So lovely to meet you. 

THEY are the Nations, with perhaps false religion urging them.

"First, the nations will proclaim peace and security! (1 Thess. 5:2, 3) Instantly, the great tribulation will begin when the nations attack all false religion."

Source: Research guide for 1 Thess 5:2,3

Edited by Ahuvah

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 hours ago, trottigy said:

I think it will be super obvious when it happens and it will make even some JWs wonder if humans have actually finally achieved peace and SECURITY. It will seem that real and that possible... So possible that we had to be warned ahead of time not to fall for it. 

That’s the reason Jesus said for us to keep on the watch and not mislead 

Also Paul refered it in tess. letter

We should not be caught by surprise 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Mattclaxton said:

According to the study Bible 

“they” are the ones upon the destruction will come instantly 

Maybe the religion leaders will proclaim as well

Since the GT starts with religion destruction and it will go on untill Armagedom 

once it starts it can’t be stoped like birth pangs can’t be stopped and culminate in Armagedom 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

In that case war in Ukraine would have to be gone and Middle East stabilized ... plus more...

Don't you think? Otherwise "seriousness of PS wouldn't make any logical sense" 

I do and imagine how THAT could affect people IF that actually happened???

And add in some other thing like FREE/ fairly inexpensive energy that does NOT rely on fossil fuels (especially no need for oil) and that might be possible.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

9 hours ago, Mattclaxton said:

Whenever it is THEY  are saying peace and security 

How are THEY saying it, we have peace and security or we want peace and security?  

Precisely the question David Schafer answers in the video Survive The Great Day  (Rev. 16:16).   Enjoy!

6 hours ago, Sofia said:

That’s the reason Jesus said for us to keep on the watch and not mislead 

Also Paul refered it in tess. letter

We should not be caught by surprise 

EXACTLY - no need for a warning if almost everyone could see through it.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The cry of peace reminds me of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE. Over the years in this forum, I have seen a lot of speculation on this subject. I, myself, have made some speculations too. It is interesting that, as time passes, our speculation has changed over time. I imagine seeing Jehovah smile at our interesting attempts to unravel the sacred secrets of His will. 

Who can blame us? We are curious beings. I mean even the angels peer into these things. Back to my recent speculations that is, most likely, going to change over time. 

Before the destruction of the city, the city had enjoyed a supposed victory against the Romans after the Roman governor of Syria, Cestius Gallus, led an army to Jerusalem but was unexpectedly defeated by Jewish rebels and forced to retreat. I remembered the Walk By Faith movie and the depictions of joy on the rebels' faces. All seemed well at first. However, it was towards the end of the movie that we saw the deplorable state of the city when the second couple came back. It was an easy destruction that was met without much retaliation from the Jews. 

Could this destruction be similar to the destruction of BTG? The destruction of BTG is the first of the fall of Satan's present system of things. Could the deplorable state of BTG continue until its final destruction? A look at the humiliation of Christendom in the Olympics was eye-opening to me, I think. I feel this humiliation will continue until the destruction comes on the world empire of false religion. Will it be met with retaliation? I don't think so. Maybe more of a pity or sadness.

2 hours ago, trottigy said:

EXACTLY - no need for a warning if almost everyone could see through it.

No need to look at your Doomday Clock , think it is stuck. Jehovah's clock is as accurate as the atomic clock - he design it !!! He will let us know - guaranteed  .

Just now, Ahuvah said:

Why would they listen to a billboard? They'd probably think it's some advertisement for a new movie.

True but this movie is on the widest screen , sound quality unheard of , and played one time . When they see what is happening in front of then there are those that will come to Jehovah's side .:welcome:

12 hours ago, JennyM said:

I remember when Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed. In just one day, they were destroyed. 

One day, this wicked system will be destroyed too. it will be quick. 

It will be real - not pre recorded !:bible2: (:P)

45 minutes ago, WD-40 said:

True but this movie is on the widest screen , sound quality unheard of , and played one time . When they see what is happening in front of then there are those that will come to Jehovah's side .:welcome:

I think, personally I'll opt for celestial phenomenon a little later on. I think though, seriously it will be in the air.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

18 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if one day we see the UN revamped in some way that everyone agrees that it finally has the authority to bring peace and security to the world. We would recognize that immediately.

Yes they need a new set of dentures 😉

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

2 hours ago, WD-40 said:

Imagine getting a highway billboard that says "THE END IS ALMOST HERE - ARE YOU READY / PREPARED ?"Scream What GIF by ZIP ZIP

They are usually along the 605 FWY in my area. Typically in the industrial areas from 60 FWY to the 210 FWY. There is always "something" like that as a billboard.

22 minutes ago, vern said:

Bunch of neon lights spelled "Jehovah"

I wonder if proclaiming that "Jesus is coming in the name of Jehovah, the Most High God, to wage war on His enemies and destroy them" will be important to tell everyone so they understand what is about to take place.

Edited by LeolaRootStew