JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

General Assembly Holds First-Ever Debate on Historic Veto Resolution, Adopts Texts on Infrastructure, National Reviews, Council of Europe Cooperation

Prior to adopting three draft resolutions tackling infrastructure connectivity, voluntary national reviews and cooperation with the Council of Europe, the General Assembly held its first ever formal debate on the use of the veto in the Security Council, with speakers deliberating the impact of the new transparency and accountability mechanism — enabled by resolution 76/262 — and its role in enhancing the General Assembly’s functions while achieving legitimacy in the use of the veto

this resolution passed with the vote of China: https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/4009494?ln=en#record-files-collapse-header

details: "Recognizing also that the unprecedented challenges now facing Europe following the aggression by the Russian Federation against Ukraine, and against Georgia prior to that, and the cessation of the membership of the Russian Federation in the Council of Europe, call for strengthened cooperation between the United Nations and the Council of Europe, notably in order to promptly restore and maintain peace and security based on respect of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of any State, ensure the observance of human rights and international humanitarian law during the hostilities, provide r edress to victims and bring to justice all those responsible for the violations of international law,"

Details here: https://press.un.org/en/2023/ga12500.doc.htm

votes here: https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/4009707

RUSSIA IS MORE AND MORE ISOLATED

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

10 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

A Ucrânia disse que “não tem conhecimento” de uma missão de paz envolvendo o Vaticano para resolver o conflito com a Rússia.

“O presidente Zelensky não consentiu em tais discussões em nome da Ucrânia”, disse à CNN uma autoridade ucraniana próxima ao gabinete presidencial. https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-05-02-23/index.html

Satan himself is behind them, they keep changing conversations, anyway, let's wait where all this ends up, thanks for sharing 

Jehovah is asking to exercise patience will this system take another 30 years?  do we need to be much more patient?  How long, my God, how long! ☹️😞😢😭 I'm feeling sad and tired of this system,there are days that are easier, but there are days that are a deep void, a despair.

18 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Jehovah is asking to exercise patience will this system take another 30 years?  do we need to be much more patient?  How long, my God, how long! ☹️😞😢😭 I'm feeling sad and tired of this system,there are days that are easier, but there are days that are a deep void, a despair.

Como eu te entendo…:squeeze:

Jehovah let your kingdom come!

we need it so badly

we are all so tired of this system…

aren’t you all paying close attention to the GB messages in the BC and MWM?

to encourage us

To strengthening all of us

and watchtower studies to prepare us to GT

its so close. It has to be close.

I want it so much

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Loyal said:

The GB does not know all the ins and outs of the end.  But, like us.....we know its close.  They never have been so adamant on patience.  A whole convention is on it.  Don't you see its that close?

It is closer then we all think!  The world has turn upside down.....just like the days of Noah.  Society as we once knew it is broken.  Its gone.  Everything is crumbling right before our very eyes.

There is no 30 years or possibly even 2 years.  Who knows maybe even less.  We don't know when Jehovah will pull the plug on this system but, be convinced that you and the rest of us will witness it soon.  Otherwise, the GB would not emphasize the need for patience.  Why?  Because we feel it rushing towards its end and we just can't wait to see this system go!

2 hours ago, Loyal said:

I dont think its going to be 30 yrs. maximum will be 10 yrs. What would happen if king of the north or king of the south keep on pushing one another? nuclear war? That will destroy us all. 

That 10 yrs will just pass quickly. 

But yeah, the article says , Are you ready for the great tribulation? It must be really close. 

23 minutes ago, JennyM said:

I dont think its going to be 30 yrs. maximum will be 10 yrs. What would happen if king of the north or king of the south keep on pushing one another? nuclear war? That will destroy us all. 

That 10 yrs will just pass quickly. 

But yeah, the article says , Are you ready for the great tribulation? It must be really close. 

Some nuclear bombs might go off in the future, yet Jehovah knows how to deal with it. He will not let it go out of control.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb-096_1_VIDEO

It's encouraging by what Brother Noumair says in the May 2023 JW Broadcast.

At the 3:15 minute mark, he says that "this old world is so near to closing". He says it with emphasis.

Faith-strengthening words indeed.

Especially since the Covid-19 pandemic and until now, the Faithful slave has emphasized many times over, whether it be in videos, publications, talks.... of just how close/near we are to the Great Tribulation/ the end of this system of things.

World events (especially political) emphasize the truth of Bible prophecy.

We don't know exactly when it'll strike, but we do know that "this old world is so near to closing".

Hopefully closer than we think. 

Edited by 80snewwave

"Any Day Now" 》 PS ~ GT ~ A-Day

2 hours ago, 80snewwave said:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb-096_1_VIDEO

It's encouraging by what Brother Noumair says in the May 2023 JW Broadcast.

At the 3:15 minute mark, he says that "this old world is so near to closing". He says it with emphasis.

Faith-strengthening words indeed.

Especially since the Covid-19 pandemic and until now, the Faithful slave has emphasized many times over, whether it be in videos, publications, talks.... of just how close/near we are to the Great Tribulation/ the end of this system of things.

World events (especially political) emphasize the truth of Bible prophecy.

We don't know exactly when it'll strike, but we do know that "this old world is so near to closing".

Hopefully closer than we think. 

thats nice. I havent watched the clip yet but thats nice . 

12 minutes ago, cme said:

No nuclear war.  The destruction of the statute at its feet came from Jehovah

Something to consider: Hiroshima - Nagasaki (6 and 9 August 1945) atomic event, did not eventuate in the "end of the world".

Limited use of low yield nukes is still possibility before the day of Jehovah is here. 

I am not saying it will happen (better not), but if it happens, especially in Ukraine , I will not be surprised. 

Satan is so desperate now. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Something to consider: Hiroshima - Nagasaki (6 and 9 August 1945) atomic event, did not eventuate in the "end of the world".

Limited use of low yield nukes is still possibility before the day of Jehovah is here. 

I am not saying it will happen (better not), but if it happens, especially in Ukraine , I will not be surprised. 

Yep. Agree.  There are a lot of things that we are thinking that could be possibilities.  We must remember that Jehovah has all this in control.  The scripture that comes to mind is Pro. 3: 4,5  "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding........"  As imperfect humans we can start imagining all sorts of ways that this system might come to its end.  We have never lived in days like this.

I want this over yesterday.  But, I also see all the prophecies being fulfilled right before our eyes.  I never thought I would see this day but, it is here.

However, the GB and prophecies that we have read throughout the years and have come to cherish tells us differently.  Jehovah does not change.

Again, the statute in Daniel shows that the destruction comes from the Kingdom and not from within the statute.

These are most definitely exciting times.  Scary but, nevertheless exciting.  The conclusion will be interesting.

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Thats one of our elders thought too . That might the reason they cry peace and security. 

@cme I do understand that there will be no nuclear war if Jehovah intervenes. We are heading for a catastrophic end anyway. Therefore, Jehovah will put into their hearts to attack one of  Satan's  system. 

But in all our speculations and, possibly, expectations, I think the fulfilment of prophecies, the fall of BtG and the declaration of P&S will be different from what we expected.

Based on Isaiah 55:8, 9

Our ways is different from Jehovah's ways... and our thinking is different from Jehovah's thinking.....

So whatever ways the fulfillment of prophecies will happen, we need to patiently wait for it.... because, in Jehovah's right time, it will not be late....

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

It is a COMPLETELY different world today than in the days of Hiroshima....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TACTICAL USE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

Even if one or two weapons were released, the resulting meltdown of nuclear power plants would cause worldwide devastation.

The term MAD, or Mutually Assured Destruction is the reason. Russia has a known stance that even if ONE nuclear weapon is used against them by the US, Russia will then release ALL of their weapons....BUt we know that this will NEVER happen because Jehovah will not allow it.

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

what about EMPs?  tactically you set off a nuclear bomb above a major city and all electrical mechanisms will be fried, thus sending the country into chaos ... no atms no gas pumps no cars no computers .... no electrical scanning at the grocery store .... those are often spoken about 

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_nuclear_weapon

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

25 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

A tactical nuclear weapon (TNW) or non-strategic nuclear weapon (NSNW)[1] is a nuclear weapon that is designed to be used on a battlefield in military situations, mostly with friendly forces in proximity and perhaps even on contested friendly territory. Generally smaller in explosive power, they are defined in contrast to strategic nuclear weapons, which are designed mostly to be targeted at the enemy interior far away from the war front against military bases, cities, towns, arms industries, and other hardened or larger-area targets to damage the enemy's ability to wage war. As of 2023, no tactical nuclear weapon has ever been used in a combat situation.

I read an interesting article today about AI. The researcher that they interviewed said that he thinks they have created God. With AI they will take away diseases and solve the problems of humanity. 
I thought, well if they belive this that can also be something that could have to do with peace and security. 
Others are warning about the risks with AI. If this world continues a couple of years more humanity will destroy itself. It really cant be long now. 

8 minutes ago, LindaViktoria said:

I read an interesting article today about AI. The researcher that they interviewed said that he thinks they have created God. With AI they will take away diseases and solve the problems of humanity. 
I thought, well if they belive this that can also be something that could have to do with peace and security. 
Others are warning about the risks with AI. If this world continues a couple of years more humanity will destroy itself. It really cant be long now. 

hm..

"He bows down to it and worships it. He prays to it and says: “Save me, for you are my god.”

10 minutes ago, LindaViktoria said:

The researcher that they interviewed said that he thinks they have created God.

I read a lot of Science Fiction back in the 60's and it feels like a lot of those stories are starting to come true. :eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D