JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

There is another way of looking at this.

Perhaps the UN actually does stop the fighting, and it isn't an empty 'claim'. Perhaps the UN does unite the world leaders to clean up the environment and it does solve some of the world's problems. Perhaps the UN gives everyone in the world, including the religious leaders, a solid reason to believe it can provide P&S for the world. It doesn't have to be an empty 'claim' to fulfill bible prophecy. However, we know the UN cannot sustain any P&S it provides because only Jehovah can do that.

Now imagine the religious leaders of the world fully supporting the UN instead of God's Kingdom, like an adulterous wife moving in with her boyfriend, her adultery will be complete.

Now imagine the world religious leaders telling the UN how to do its job. The UN could turn on BTG simply because she isn't needed anymore and is interfering with its goal to maintain P&S. It doesn't take a new religious war to get the beast to turn on the harlot, it may simply be tired of being told what to do by a drunken mistress.

Why does any man leave his mistress?  Because a new, shiny, younger model comes along. 
I wonder if a charismatic younger leader or group of leaders will catch the eye of the UN…🤔

Millenial Mayhem 😂

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I wonder if a port strike would be counterproductive…would that not push management towards more automation? 

Might be cheaper to use technology and robots rather than pay human beings higher wages.

Look at the fast food places and grocery stores these days. Many of the human cashiers have been replaced by self-serve kiosks

53 minutes ago, Cool.As.Ice said:

I wonder if a port strike would be counterproductive…would that not push management towards more automation? 

Look at the fast food places and grocery stores these days. Many of the human cashiers have been replaced by self-serve kiosks

Yes!   I remember the uproar when the automotive industry started using robots to weld frames.  How dare they replace the skilled human union welders?   Now ~ it's no big deal.

And any reasonably smart business manager will look around and take note of what the competition is doing.  Other major ports are way ahead of the US when it comes to efficiency and automation.   Amsterdam comes to mind.  And why are they able to advance so fast?   No unions.    The slave has named trade unions as a disruptive factor, part of the clay mixed with iron.

What I read tonight is the concern about the merchandise getting here in time for the holidays.   That's what their concern is ~ the Xmas shopping season!!!!

Edited by Doug

spelling

On 9/13/2024 at 1:02 PM, WD-40 said:

No audio with song

Do you mean you can't hear the song? Or you need the lyrics?

Spoiler

image.png.cd013376e6a6beb33b1c1ce3224bd2fc.png

I love this song so much. It made me cry thinking of someone who is slowly dying but refuses JW literature.

Edited by daydream

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

On 9/30/2024 at 5:55 AM, Dolce vita said:

Imaginez si nous savions qu’il ne nous reste que 6 jours avant le début de la grande tribulation.

I can only make out the words 'imagine and 6, oh alright debut, great tribulation. It feels like one is looking at a bronze mirror ☺️ One only sees a hazy image.

It would be good if occasionally, sis if you can put the English version right after the French translation. It would be so wonderful to understand a bit of French (such a  beautiful language, Sister you're really so blessed).

I hope it is not too much trouble. Maybe once will suffice. My memory, I can't remember where I put it (a borrowed quote)

Spoiler

image.png.d6afa2afbff44a96d71b6465acd96172.png

Spoiler

image.png.ef3e468ce574d2e2506fad56d8855589.png

Edited by daydream

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

59 minutes ago, daydream said:
On 9/29/2024 at 5:55 PM, Dolce vita said:

Imaginez si nous savions qu’il ne nous reste que 6 jours avant le début de la grande tribulation.

I can only make out the words 'imagine and 6, oh alright debut, great tribulation

I will help! Sister Daydream. 

Im from Texas and a PROFESSIONAL translator

WHAT "Dolce Vita"Sweet Sweet Life said is this.....

Imagine your nose saved quail. And then rested for 6 hours of jewlels. Then an ant put on for the first time a real big tribulation.

HHAHAHHAHA!! I love you both sister daydream and Dolce Vita. 😘Ohhh and while im at harassing. Don't think I didn't notice that Sister Imagine changed to Sister Daydream.! So WE ALL BE confusing one another here! Hahhaha !!!

See sister Dolce Vita. I came to your defense. See what i did. I threw both of yall under the bus. And that i what I call Love! Hhahahhahaha

And now I offended y'all both and Im gonna regret saying anything. 

Miserable Man I am 

Edited by Tsheppar

The Russian government wants to earmark 32.5% of its spending for defense in 2025, a record amount and up from a reported 28.3% this year, as Moscow seeks to prevail in the war in Ukraine.https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/30/europe/russia-defense-spending-proposal-ukraine-war-intl-hnk/index.html

The amount of money that goes to war (everywhere) is just beyond belief. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Netanyahu addressing the Iranian people:

it’s a very interesting speech

talks about cooperation between both countries to promote world peace and prosperity 

blames the “theocratic” regime

incites Iranians to do something about it

finally he says that it won’t last for long

Is Iran regime near its end?

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 minute ago, felito said:

Where are these videos from???

Looks like the missiles are making it through.  If so.....that's really bad.  We may be looking at the start of WW3...

17 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Where are these videos from???

Looks like the missiles are making it through.  If so.....that's really bad.  We may be looking at the start of WW3...

Wouldn't this be the end of the human race?

Or would this war between Israel and Iran lead to the proclamation of peace and security, so long awaited by us Christians?