JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

34 minutes ago, JennyM said:

but not to raise a family like having babies 

Best refer to the Bible's viewpoint.

Song 88 (old song book) says;
When a man becomes a father. And a woman has a child of her own,
They share a trust, they must remember, That is not theirs, not theirs alone.
The gift they share is from Jehovah.

Psalm 127:3-5 says; Look! Sons* are an inheritance from Jehovah; The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a mighty man, So are the sons of one’s youth. Happy is the man who fills his quiver with them. They will not be put to shame, For they will speak with enemies in the city gate.

In simple words, children, having children, is a blessing from Jehovah.

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short. If you, Sister, are "a nice one", feel welcome to hit the PM button and drop me a line. (See topic; Single again)

11 minutes ago, JennyM said:

...but a very serious decision... 

This is true, but clearly not the same as; "not to raise a family like having babies"

Also in matters like this you can rely on the Bible where it states; Do not be afraid for I am with you.

It can be added to this that it might scare someone personally to raise a family or have children. But it is still not the same.

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short. If you, Sister, are "a nice one", feel welcome to hit the PM button and drop me a line. (See topic; Single again)

27 minutes ago, JennyM said:

yea.. but a very serious decision. jeremiah book chap 8 - were heading for GT

Yes Jenny, but all sorts of people will come out from GT ... young, old, babies and children, infirm, blind and those with serious illnesses.. we trust Jehovah to take care of us. 

See this image: https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/great-tribulation/

This one too: https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20120901/judgment-day/

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Russia may be forced to use a nuclear weapon if Ukraine’s counteroffensive succeeds, senior Russian official Dmitry Medvedev said Sunday

He s a dramatic 🤪

i believe it’s part of Russian propaganda to cause fear.

Anglo American power wan both WW-1 and WW-2

It seems reasonable to think that this conflict won’t be wan by the Russian federation since Anglo American power will be the most powerful one ruling by Armagedom time.

im neutral

im just evoking History and Bible prophecy.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

He s a dramatic 🤪

...im neutral...

- Ofcourse, in the media you see that he has the Ukraine against him. But the reality is that he has almost the whole world against him, besides that it is not that difficult to imagine that he finds Jehovah against him. This simply results in that a cornered cat makes strange jumps.

- The best thing to do, to remain neutral. Besides that all you need is this; " ...The prophecy states that the king of the north “will not stand.” Why not? “Because they will plot schemes against him. And those eating his delicacies will bring his downfall.”

4 hours ago, JennyM said:

yea.. but a very serious decision. jeremiah book chap 8 - were heading for GT

I understand what you are saying Jenny.  The times we are living in are very critical. I know a sister, pioneer and very focused on doing all she can in Jehovah's service. But she wants to be married and have a family.  If she weighs all the pros and cons and a brother comes into view, it is her choice to make.  Sometimes the desires can be just as distracting spiritually as the reality if not more so.  But I totally get what you mean. :)

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

10 hours ago, ChrisW said:

I understand what you are saying Jenny.  The times we are living in are very critical. I know a sister, pioneer and very focused on doing all she can in Jehovah's service. But she wants to be married and have a family.  If she weighs all the pros and cons and a brother comes into view, it is her choice to make.  Sometimes the desires can be just as distracting spiritually as the reality if not more so.  But I totally get what you mean. :)

In my country, there are jws who are married and have more than 1 children and you can barely see them at khall now. Became inactive because life is too hard. and sad to say, they cant even provide for the basic education for their children. 1 child at age 15 and started working instead of studying... They are married to non jw.  They are more distracted to life's anxiety. 

No wonder apostle paul and even Jesus recommends singleness... It can be lonely but you cant appreciate singleness until you lose it especially the critical times we live in. Inflation everywhere.. food, utility bills, rent and health care services, all go up. 

15 minutes ago, JennyM said:

It can be lonely but you cant appreciate singleness until you lose it especially the critical times we live in. 

True and sad at the same time.

Song 136:  Jehovah is faithful and fully aware

Of all those who serve him whole-souled

He knows there are times their devotion and zeal

Result in their loss as foretold

4 hours ago, JennyM said:

In my country, there are jws who are married and have more than 1 children and you can barely see them at khall now. Became inactive because life is too hard. and sad to say, they cant even provide for the basic education for their children. 1 child at age 15 and started working instead of studying... They are married to non jw.  They are more distracted to life's anxiety. 

No wonder apostle paul and even Jesus recommends singleness... It can be lonely but you cant appreciate singleness until you lose it especially the critical times we live in. Inflation everywhere.. food, utility bills, rent and health care services, all go up. 

I just meet a relative who is 75 at a store yesterday and ask me why I’m not married as for a companionship. Basically I told her over half of the marriages ends in divorce, plus you need to love her too. The love in marriages is lacking. Sad.

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I just meet a relative who is 75 at a store yesterday and ask me why I’m not married as for a companionship. Basically I told her over half of the marriages ends in divorce, plus you need to love her too. The love in marriages is lacking. Sad.

Because people married for wrong reasons.  

He married her because shes young and pretty. What if she got fat or suddenly became disabled? or he realizes she has an ugly complicated personality. 

She married him for security. What if security is gone and she has to support a disabled husband and children? or lost a job?

6 hours ago, JennyM said:

He married her because shes young and pretty. What if she got fat or suddenly became disabled? or he realizes she has an ugly complicated personality. 

She married him for security. What if security is gone and she has to support a disabled husband and children? or lost a job?

It might not be neither sis. It just they did not love ach other at all.

8 hours ago, JennyM said:

@JennyM

Maybe they married for the right reasons, but please take note that all of us, including that beautiful/handsome marriage partner, are sensitive to what the Bible explains as "time and unforeseen circumstances" (...what if she suddenly became disabled?...).

The time of getting to know each other, also known as dating, is the stage where you can find out about the other marriage partner, and this is exactly the reason why the society gives the suggestion to "take the time to get to know each other" (...what if he realizes she has an ugly complicated personality?...)

How about this example below;

Have you ever bought a (new) car, or maybe looked at a new car at the car dealer? Let's have a look at a Mercedes. It is nice and shiny, the wheel trims sparkle like diamonds, the Mercedes Logo at the steering wheel is still covered with a thin layer of plastic to protect it. The salesman hands you a cup of coffee and when you finished that he invites you to take a seat at the driver seat, sooo soft, soo comfy! Oh wow, all those buttons, the lights. the car smells soo new. You turn on the audio system which has DAB+ digital audio. You select your favorite song and turn it a bit louder because...         ...this is it! Fantastic! The salesman tells you with a wink; Yes Madam, this is a German car, Superior Quality! And for 60.000 Euro only it is all yours 😉

You fasten your seatbelt, you drive carefully out of the showroom and enter the road with this fantastic bolide. You wave at your friends who came across at the same time and who see you in this car. You turn on the lights and yes it has those bright white LED lights what makes this Mercedes even more exclusive. Without any effort you reach in 3 seconds the 120Km/h and you can feel the power of the engine when you are being pushed in the driver seat...         ...oh, but wait, you thought you hit the highway with this Mercedes, but you are still at the same street as where the car dealer is located. And when you look in the rearview mirror.......yeah....you see several brown rusty parts on the road, one of the headlight units stopped working, the Mercedes emblem on the bonnet fell off...

So what happened? Being excited you had a quick look at the Mercedes (the handsome/beautiful partner). The salesman convinced you and you turned the audio system on, it all looked great and sounded excellent. So being all convinced you agreed to give it a go.

You entered the Mercedes without thinking twice, and without thinking if the salesman told you the truth, and all the details......or not, and you started driving, at least that was your intention (you entered the relationship i.e. friendship). But after a few miles, no not even a few meters, you look in the mirror and see rusty parts falling on the road, the emblem fell off the bonnet and one of the headlight units stopped working (you discovered the first few cracks in the relationship i.e. friendship).

Disappointed you go back home, and one day later you consult one of your best friends and take him to the same car dealer and he smiles at you and says; If you took the time to ask me (take the time to get to know your partner) I could have told you that this car is an old Mercedes from 1978 that they restyled, and resprayed and display as new, but it is not new, it has an old rusty engine, the brakes at the front must be replaced in order to pass the MOT, oh and the engine is missing a few sparkplugs...

So, what has happened is that you only had a quick look at the outside, not under the bonnet, of this handsome/beautiful partner. So, you simply entered the relationship i.e. friendship without thinking twice. and did not take the time to find out more.

But the salesman convinced you. Yes, he did, but did he tell you everything, all the information? Or did he only tell you the information what suits him and after all his wallet? Did you take the time and did you invest in finding out more about the relationship i.e friendship you entered? Or did you finish your coffee enter the fantastic looking Mercedes and took it all for granted because you got a fantastic deal?

😉😊

17 hours ago, JennyM said:

Jesus recommends

If your tslking about Mathew discussion with his disciples?... Reread that chapter again... Jesus was changing marriage rules and making it harder to divorce.  Then the drsciples quipped about better tobe single...

Jesus didn.t start a discussion about singlenesd his disciples did.  He just said if you can ok.. Some are able.. But i dometimes here a little tone... Ok... If you can be sinlge give it a try...

Apostle Paul atleast didn.t pleasr himself with a command and sair there wad no commandment on it.

Sute yhere is some wisdom. But he also in i think 2 co. Said itsbeyter to marty becausr of immorality issues.

3 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

How about having assault rifles?

In the picture a brother on the right is holding firmly to his "sword" no need for rifles. 

The "sword"  is enough. ☺️

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, JennyM said:

Theres nothing wrong of being married and having children.. The problem is  things are getting worse thats it affects someone's mental health how to survive and raise kids.  

No wonder many families are going nuts. we are living in the last days.