JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

24 minutes ago, just1-4all said:

The massive bronze monument to Stalin was ceremoniously unveiled in the Pskov region town of Velikiye Luki on August 15. It stands on private property in front of the main gate of the Mikron factory, which produces shelving systems for retailers and warehouses.

The work of sculptor Mikhail Krasilnikov, the statue was originally intended for the southern city of Volgograd, which was previously called Stalingrad and was the scene of the most momentous battle on the Eastern Front in World War II. Officials there, however, declined to accept the controversial monument, and for four years Krasilnikov offered it to almost every region of Russia without success.

So, the statue was unveiled a week ago, eh?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

37 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin listed amongst passengers on board plane that crashed, says Russian state media                                                                       https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/23/europe/russia-wagner-prigozhin-plane-crash-intl/index.html

This is very strange and could cause an upheaval 

A post by Grey Zone, a Wagner-connected social media channel, claimed that Russian anti-aircraft defences had shot down the plane in the Tver region near the village of Kuzhenkino.

It said that residents heard “two bursts of characteristic air defence fire” before the fall of the plane, “and this is confirmed by inversion traces in the sky in one of the videos”, it said, adding that the information was preliminary.

Interesting .....

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

38 minutes ago, Loyal said:

is very strange

not strange at all... Putin is ruthless. look what he does to our dearest brothers and sisters? 

Shelling newborns and children in Ukraine...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Russia confirms that this boss head of  Wagner was on the flight!

Wagner mercenary chief Prigozhin was on board plane that crashed near Moscow, Russian air transport agency says

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/23/europe/russia-wagner-prigozhin-plane-crash-intl/index.html

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

não é nada estranho... Putin é implacável. olha o que ele faz com nossos queridos irmãos e irmãs? 

Descascando recém-nascidos e crianças na Ucrânia...

I don't doubt anything!

Edited by Loyal

Last days are what they truly are, namely last days where wickedness prevails. So seeing news like that (plane crush) does not surprise me at all, it just shows how unpredictable the days we are living in proving to be.
The scene of this world is changing daily. Perhaps future events will change the scene of this world suddenly and dramatically. Expect unexpected I say 😜

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The model of Embraer executive jet that was reportedly carrying Prigozhin had a positive safety record, with only one accident recorded in more than 20 years, according to the news outlet Reuters.

Citing the website International Aviation HQ, the wire service also reported that the only previous incident, which took place in 2006, was linked to mistakes by crew rather than technical failure. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/8/23/russia-ukraine-live-kyiv-says-russian-drone-hit-odesa-grain-infrastructure

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 hours ago, Loyal said:

Russia confirms that this boss head of  Wagner was on the flight!

Wagner mercenary chief Prigozhin was on board plane that crashed near Moscow, Russian air transport agency says

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/23/europe/russia-wagner-prigozhin-plane-crash-intl/index.html

I don't doubt anything!

interesting that he has survived a plane crash in 2019:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12440041/amp/Will-Prigozhin-rise-dead-Putins-chef-declared-dead-2019-plane-crash-reappear-three-days-later-filmed-Wagner-No2-killed-latest-crash-saying-death-not-end.html

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

"Just reading through the signs of the times, it honestly baffles me how Satan's world can be so blind to the truth. I don't have much experience in this world, but most of my best friends are in their 60's to 80's, and are more like family to me than my worldly relatives. They are the ones who can truly sense the urgency of these times. They experienced so much and even they can feel how the end has never felt so close before! 

So many people (including some witnesses) are so wrapped up in this system that they don't want to believe this world is nearing it's end. It's like the saying "If Satan can't make you bad, he'll make you busy." We are closer to the end than ever before and it will come like a thief in the night! We are so blessed to know the truth and even know Jehovah! He is the only thing in this world worth doing."

20 hours ago, trottigy said:

So, the statue was unveiled a week ago, eh?

From various expert opinions I've read and interviews of academics since the Ukraine invasion, apparently Putin has in mind re-establishing Russia's former power and glory.

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

On 8/24/2023 at 7:47 AM, Loyal said:

"Just reading through the signs of the times, it honestly baffles me how Satan's world can be so blind to the truth. I don't have much experience in this world, but most of my best friends are in their 60's to 80's, and are more like family to me than my worldly relatives. They are the ones who can truly sense the urgency of these times. They experienced so much and even they can feel how the end has never felt so close before! 

So many people (including some witnesses) are so wrapped up in this system that they don't want to believe this world is nearing it's end. It's like the saying "If Satan can't make you bad, he'll make you busy." We are closer to the end than ever before and it will come like a thief in the night! We are so blessed to know the truth and even know Jehovah! He is the only thing in this world worth doing."

So true!  As we studied in this weeks watchtower, it will catch even true christians by surprise.   How so?  Sometimes we expect things to come from the "right" but, it shows up on the "left". 

We don't know "how" Jehovah will turn things around.  Now, we see some false religions being shut down.  What does that mean?  We sit tight and wait.

The end is most definitely fast approaching.  When?   It's anyone's guess.  However, the scriptures and the GB continue to admonish us to stay awake.  Why?  Because at a time we think it not, it is!

9 hours ago, cme said:

So true!  As we studied in this weeks watchtower, it will catch even true christians by surprise.   How so?  Sometimes we expect things to come from the "right" but, it shows up on the "left". 

We don't know "how" Jehovah will turn things around.  Now, we see some false religions being shut down.  What does that mean?  We sit tight and wait.

The end is most definitely fast approaching.  When?   It's anyone's guess.  However, the scriptures and the GB continue to admonish us to stay awake.  Why?  Because at a time we think it not, it is!

Im really excited for the end of this world but we dont know neither the day and the hour.  

Im longing for all things to be new but while waiting. The best thing to do is to have a good conduct and be busy in the ministry. Then we will be surprised how fast things are. 

World leaders are longing to see the end of Ukraine war.

Even Putin wishes to have it settled before the russian elections.

On the other hand Western coalition that supports Ukraine fears that the March elections in USA may shift the so necessary help needed for Ukraine.

If this is confirmed, we may (hopefuly) see the end of this conflict soon. Will it mean "peace and security"? I dont know.

From september onwards peace talks are scheduled among several countries in several summits, even UN has it´s 78th General Assembly session from 5th September on, celebrating the International Peace day on 21-09

and... we will have our worldwide campaign anouncing God´s kingdom again!

While the World is paying attention to World Leaders, we will be very busy preaching the Good News ❤️ 

Edited by Sofia

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

World leaders are longing to see the end of Ukraine war.

Even Putin wishes to have it settled before the russian elections.

On the other hand Western coalition that supports Ukraine fears that the March elections in USA may shift the so necessary help needed for Ukraine.

If this is confirmed, we may (hopefuly) see the end of this conflict soon. Will it mean "peace and security"? I dont know.

Maybe or maybe not. 

More than ever, we have so many things to do. 

In my country, there is about a  ratio of 455:1 ratio of jw's

Imagine that amount of work. We have so much to do. 

Doing rv for all of those per witness? 

1 hour ago, Loyal said:

France to ban the wearing of abayas in schools, fueling accusations of Islamophobia

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/28/europe/france-abayas-schools-ban-intl/index.html

“For me, laïcité, when put in the framework of a school, is very clear: you enter a classroom and you must not be able to identify the religious identity of students just by looking at them,” Attal said.

Interesting. Does that mean the Christain religions are not allowed to wear crosses?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D