JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

3 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Nagorno-Karabakh will cease to exist from next year. How did this happen?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/28/europe/nagorno-karabakh-officially-dissolve-intl/index.html

People are suffering a lot in various parts of the world, it's the fault of Babylon and Politics 

If it means one less conflict in the World it’s good news

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Even the fighting INTERNALLY is picking up - https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/joe-biden-impeachment-inquiry-hearing

Fiddling while Rome burns, eh. 

EDit: It is interesting the things coming to a head - at least in the US starting Monday:

1. The Government shut-dwon will take affect

2. Trump's fraud trial starts Monday and

3. The impeachment thing will heat up

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

22 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Even the fighting INTERNALLY is picking up - https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/joe-biden-impeachment-inquiry-hearing

EDit: It is interesting the things coming to a head - at least in the US starting Monday:

They threaten a shutdown then bail themselves out, just trying to rial the people.

Biden's mental insufficiency is so sadly obvious. I feel bad for the man, I worked in geriatrics and saw it first hand then my mom and MIL both suffered and died from it. His symptoms are classic. It's just awful that his job requires him to be in public. And even more sad that so much is expected of him, he simply can't hold up. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

9 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

They threaten a shutdown then bail themselves out, just trying to rial the people.

Biden's mental insufficiency is so sadly obvious. I feel bad for the man, I worked in geriatrics and saw it first hand then my mom and MIL both suffered and died from it. His symptoms are classic. It's just awful that his job requires him to be in public. And even more sad that so much is expected of him, he simply can't hold up. 

In contrast to Jehovah's loving directions Levites were to be retired after 50 years old.

Insight.

Assignments of obligatory service terminated at the age of 50 years. (Nu 8:25, 26; 1Ch 23:24-26;)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Totally Greg, there's no disgrace in retiring, I consider it an honor after I've worked since I was 11. I plan to retire in 2025, which will mean I've worked for 53 long, hard years. 

Jehovah really knows what's best right, 50 leaves many years to continue on in an alternative direction in His service.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, trottigy said:

An interesting thing, the USA as the last power, everything they do, reflects on other countries. This chaos that can occur gives me anxiety, but not the bad, the good one. Especially because the great tribulation will probably begin with a "little" domino effect.

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

8 minutes ago, Sete said:

An interesting thing, the USA as the last power, everything they do, reflects on other countries. This chaos that can occur gives me anxiety, but not the bad, the good one. Especially because the great tribulation will probably begin with a "little" domino effect.

Globalization - one country affects the other. 

1 hour ago, Sete said:

And we heard it from fox news too.

On 9/29/2023 at 3:56 AM, Sete said:

the USA as the last power

Just a quick question, I've noticed this a few times on jwtalk, people say that the USA is the last power, when in fact it's the Anglo-American power that is the last power.

Just wondering why that is?

10 minutes ago, Frances Bennett said:

Just a quick question, I've noticed this a few times on jwtalk, people say that the USA is the last power, when in fact it's the Anglo-American power that is the last power.

America seems more powerful than UK. maybe that´s why. I believe that when here US is mentioned instead of anglo-american they are actually meaning - anglo-american power, because they work together as allies. America is just an abreviation :) 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Just now, Sofia said:

America seems more powerful than UK. maybe that´s why. I believe that when here US is mentioned instead of anglo-american they are actually meaning - anglo-american power, because they work together as allies. America is just an abreviation :) 

Anglo-American seems to a bit more accurate. When you think of the British Commonwealth, you add countries like New Zealand, Australian, Canada, ..... 

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

This made me chortle...hehe 

Not in a mean way, it just seems so very American, in a stereotypical way :)

I do not affiliate myself with either America or UK so I don't really care...the two horned beast is the two horned beast. 

It just puzzled me thats all 🤔

Edited by Frances Bennett

12 hours ago, Frances Bennett said:

I too have asked myself this question and it does frustrate me a bit but I just put it down to my being somewhat pedantic about being accurate, particularly when it comes to Bible information. 

I always try to remember that there maybe spiritually new ones reading what we share and they may get the wrong understanding about things if we are inaccurate about what we say and write. 

I do also agree with @Frances Bennett about it being a stereotypical American thing to do. 😅 ❤️

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I think it's only a few that say that. Most that I talk to in the US say Anglo-American dual world power because that's the true ruling power in these last days.

6 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I think it's only a few that say that. Most that I talk to in the US say Anglo-American dual world power because that's the true ruling power in these last days.

I think most of the members here just say KOTS for King of The South, that seems to be the easiest way to do it. Although...we could come up with some other abbreviations...

How about AADWP for Anglo-American Dual World Power?

Or THB for Two-Horned Beast?

or just AA for Anglo-American?

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I think most of the members here just say KOTS for King of The South, that seems to be the easiest way to do it. Although...we could come up with some other abbreviations...

How about AADWP for Anglo-American Dual World Power?

Or THB for Two-Horned Beast?

or just AA for Anglo-American?

:lol1:

I thought of the AA one as well, but ..... 🤣

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

There is a historical background to the Anglo-American connection starting after the first world war (WW1). This book really lays out what happened during the Paris peace talks of 1919. https://archive.org/details/paris1919sixmont00macm/mode/1up?view=theater

There were 4 countries who became the Big 4 who met privately apart from the 10 countries set to chew out the peace plan. US (Woodrow Wilson), Britain (Lloyd George), France (Clemenceau) and Italy (Vittorio Orlando). Orlando didn't really understand as most of the talks were in english and it was shortly after the peace talks that Mussilini came to power. That left 3.

Remember France supported America against the British in their war of independence, even gifting the Statue of Liberty to America later. When France was demanding retribution from the 1914 war from Germany, as they suffered the worst damage, the British and Americans became softer toward the enemy, to the consternation of France. It was from that moment in history that the Anglo-American partnership became solidified and France got dropped. They were also the main backers of the League of Nations but not without a lot of trouble from the Bolsheviks who were rising from Czarist Russia.

Good book if you ever get a chance to read it. There is a video of the book as well.

History and the bible meshed so well together from that time.

Percy

Israel at war! 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/07/middleeast/sirens-israel-rocket-attack-gaza-intl-hnk/index.html

Gaza and JerusalemCNN — 

Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared that the country was “at war” on Saturday, after militants from Gaza fired a deadly barrage of rockets and sent gunmen into Israeli territory in a major escalation of the long running conflict between the two sides.

“Citizens of Israel, we are at war – not in an operation, not in rounds – at war,” Netanyahu said in a video message.

The early morning rocket attacks from Gaza, which the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) described as “massive,” left at least one person dead and over 100 injured, according to figures from two hospitals.

Hamas, the Palestinian militant movement that runs Gaza, claimed responsibility for the rocket attack and called for a general uprising against Israel.

“If you have a gun, get it out. This is the time to use it – get out with trucks, cars, axes, today the best and most honorable history starts,” Hamas military commander Muhammad Al-Deif said in a recorded message.

Dubbing the operation “Al-Aqsa Storm,” he said that the group had “targeted the enemy positions, airports and military positions with 5,000 rockets” and that the assault on Israel was a response to attacks on women, the desecration of the al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem and the ongoing siege of Gaza.