JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes, but one issue can create domino effect and put in focus other problems that need attention. One is certain that soon nations will feel that they have handled some issues by declaring Peace and Security…

Absolutely. Imagine a 19 year old teenager shooting the Archduke Ferdinand in 1914 and escaping the death penalty. He saw (if they allowed him) to see the entire world go mad with war and lay the evidence before us of the 'Last Days'. Domino effect indeed!!!!

3 hours ago, MChill14 said:

Consider this WT, paragraphs 5-8 especially.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015604?q=even+skeptics&p=par

I appreciate this article specifically paragraph 8. It shows how the composite sign since 1914 has been increasing in intensity, duration, and frequency. The sign is clear and will be clearer yet people will always reason their way out of it as they did in Noah's day. 

Yeah, the GT could come at any time. We don't know what meetings are happening behind closed doors, what could happen any hour. It is amazing how Jesus said the days would be like the day of Noah. Which makes it even harder to pinpoint the time. But yes things....personally...are a lot harder than they used to be. All my friends in the truth think we are really close.

1 hour ago, Grace Howard said:

I wish I was better from my disability. I wish I knew how close we were to Jehovah's day.

If you feel anxious just remember the year text - Psalm 56:3 put trust to Jehovah.

And also we are here your brothers and sisters. 

Edited by mjcabz

9 hours ago, Grace Howard said:

But that is flawed reasoning as it doesn't matter who is in charge.

The chair is always in charge, it does not matter who sits there (Daniel 10:13).

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Exciting .. still we dont know what day or hour...

What I can do is to pray to be zealous and give my best. 

It is also a grab of power.

I read something last year about some/several permanent seats that the church had in parliament.

And that those were not elected positions, and reflected a former era when the church had a representation in society that was now long gone. For the parliament to be more representative that privileged position had to be removed.

Something along these lines if I remember correctly.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

It is always good to not just put up a link, but to share some pertinent points from the article under discussion.

34 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Basically the separation of church and state is in the USA.

It has nothing to do with the USA.  

The Disestablishment of the Church of England bill, ..... would formally separate the Church of England from the British state.

...... the National Secular Society, which has campaigned for disestablishment since its founding in 1866. 

The Church of England's established church effectively means it is the state religion of the United Kingdom.

26 Church of England bishops are given seats as of right in the House of Lords.

......  "In a modern and plural England, it is rather archaic and unacceptable that a privileged religious organisation is planted right at the centre of the way the state is organised and run.

"The separation of the Church of England and the state is long overdue. We need to reflect Britain as it is today, not what it was back on the 1500s.

https://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2023/11/bill-to-separate-church-from-state-to-be-introduced-in-parliament

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Terri, this is just the beginning!  It doesn't matter how and where it starts.  It's starting to play out.  Britain is part of the Dual World Empire.

Jehovah is a peculiar God.  Do we think that things might happen in order?  What does it take to tip the scales in Jehovah's favor?

We will watch how this all plays out but, play out it will.  It will catch ALL of us by surprise.

42 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

It is always good to not just put up a link, but to share some pertinent points from the article under discussion.

It has nothing to do with the USA.  

The Disestablishment of the Church of England bill, ..... would formally separate the Church of England from the British state.

...... the National Secular Society, which has campaigned for disestablishment since its founding in 1866. 

The Church of England's established church effectively means it is the state religion of the United Kingdom.

26 Church of England bishops are given seats as of right in the House of Lords.

......  "In a modern and plural England, it is rather archaic and unacceptable that a privileged religious organisation is planted right at the centre of the way the state is organised and run.

"The separation of the Church of England and the state is long overdue. We need to reflect Britain as it is today, not what it was back on the 1500s.

https://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2023/11/bill-to-separate-church-from-state-to-be-introduced-in-parliament

I know it has nothing to do with USA. My point is no matter what county you live in and they are attending to separate from churches of vice versa does not mean the sky is falling.

Personally, I think it is a good thing to do to separate themselves and it has benefited Gods people too. In USA the government cannot make us how to run or congregations. That would be a dictatorship.

Edited by Dustparticle

2 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I know it has nothing to do with USA. My point is no matter what county you live in and they are attending to separate from churches of vice versa does not mean the sky is falling.

No the sky is not falling but, the scriptures use the word "heavens" to indicate "governments".   Yep, the sky is falling.

Different take on the end of this system. 

We have a young brother, somewhat new to this country. (married a sister in our congregation) Any how…he is getting introduced to an element in this system, that is unbelievably sad. The kids in our local school. 

I think he is sort of, “shell shocked”. 

My heart goes out to him, and, yes those poor undisciplined kids. 

He has come to the conclusion that the end is closer then we think. 

We talk to the parents, and, they are just getting by. They don't have much to go on themselves, and the school system is not supposed to raise kids. 

From the bottom up, this system is rotting.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Personally, I think it is a good thing to do to separate themselves and it has benefited Gods people too. In USA the government cannot make us how to run or congregations. That would be a dictatorship.

Not unless the country had a dictator.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The Israel Defense Forces announced the first Arrow 3's successful operational interception on November 9 when it shot down a missile fired by Houthi rebels in Yemen.  The historic launch of this exo-atmospheric missile is the first time wartime combat has taken place in space.

This is the reason Jehovah confused their language at the Tower of Babel, to stall mankind's badness.

11 hours ago, cme said:

Terri, this is just the beginning!  It doesn't matter how and where it starts.  It's starting to play out.  Britain is part of the Dual World Empire.

Jehovah is a peculiar God.  Do we think that things might happen in order?  What does it take to tip the scales in Jehovah's favor?

We will watch how this all plays out but, play out it will.  It will catch ALL of us by surprise.

Not quite sure of the point you are trying to make here. 

I just suggested that instead of just sharing a link it is better to add some context, as that hadn't been done. 

Then I added some context as a subsequent comment was irrelevant to the article. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.