JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Not after this anual meeting 

the Great Tribulation is just around the corner.

Daniel 11:44-45 maybe in fullfillment (?)

If the judgment message isn’t that harsh but we will still welcome more disciples … what are these “news” that set up the rage of the KOTN?

these verses may have a totally different fullfillment than expected 

Anyway Dan.12:1 is just around the corner 

Have I missed something? Was Daniel chapter 11 discussed at the annual meeting? Or details of the judgement message? No spoilers please 😆🙏. I can’t wait for the January broadcast anyway 🥳🥳

19 minutes ago, Niel said:

You will never be disappointed Brother. Its about 2 hours long including the first symposium and what to expect this upcoming Regional Convention. 

Thanks Neil! I thought their was some significance to the RC theme being about preaching the GN. Since 2016 we’ve had conventions about building certain qualities to develop now to help us through GT, loyalty, endurance, love, faith, joy ect. We also had a recent monthly broadcast that specifically mentioned judgement message and preaching. Hosted by bro. Cook from memory. The simplification of our approach/focus in the PW last few years has all pointed to this too!

10 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-hospitals-children-pneumonia-respiratory-illness-who-data-rcna126480 

I don't know if I can post this link but : is this a new gift for 2024?

The "official" news report:

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202311/1302400.shtml

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

I also like to keep on the lookout for signs of the next stage of the end  - actually they are pretty much splattered in your face from all the different news sources today.

But it was a good reminder from this past week’s CBS about being unduly concerned about exactly the timing of things. Because it can lead to anxiety, perhaps losing sleep, over consumption of news, impatience, maybe even depression.

“You Will Be Witnesses of Me”

*** bt chap. 2 p. 16 par. 9 “You Will Be Witnesses of Me” ***
9 Jesus likely knew that the first notion would be corrected soon enough. In fact, his followers were about to witness the birth of a new nation, spiritual Israel, just ten days later! God’s dealings with fleshly Israel were almost at an end. As to the second idea, Jesus kindly reminded them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction.” (Acts 1:7) Jehovah is the Great Timekeeper. Before Jesus died, he himself said that even the Son did not then know the “day and hour” when the end would come but “only the Father.” (Matt. 24:36) To this day, if Christians become unduly concerned about the timing of the end of this system of things, they are, in effect, worrying about what does not belong to them.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1102009043&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=15

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

9 hours ago, Landon1285 said:

"Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow" (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

so far,

a-day hasnt come in someones lifetime 😄

btw

does anyone know when the expression "last days of the last days" was first used oficially?

@jpsI found a written trace in the mwb of May/June 2021 but it seems to me that it was used by Brother Lett in one speech or another towards the start of the pandemic. No certainty at all, may be it's a century old🙄

1 hour ago, Amygdala said:

J’aime aussi rester à l’affût des signes de la prochaine étape de la fin – en fait, ils vous sont quasiment éclaboussés au visage par toutes les différentes sources d’information aujourd’hui.

Mais c'était un bon rappel de la part de CBS de la semaine dernière sur le fait d'être indûment préoccupé par le timing exact des choses. Parce que cela peut conduire à de l’anxiété, voire à une perte de sommeil, à une surconsommation d’informations, à de l’impatience, voire à une dépression.

« Vous serez mes témoins »

*** BT, chap. 14h. 16 par. 9 « Vous serez mes témoins » ***
9 Jésus savait probablement que la première notion serait corrigée assez tôt. En fait, ses disciples étaient sur le point d’assister à la naissance d’une nouvelle nation, l’Israël spirituel, dix jours plus tard seulement ! Les relations de Dieu avec Israël selon la chair touchaient presque à leur fin. Quant à la deuxième idée, Jésus leur a gentiment rappelé : « Il ne vous appartient pas de connaître les temps ou les saisons que le Père a placés dans sa juridiction. » (Actes 1:7.) Jéhovah est le Grand Gardien du temps. Avant de mourir, Jésus a dit lui-même que même le Fils ne connaissait pas alors « le jour et l’heure » où la fin viendrait, mais « seulement le Père ». (Mat. 24:36.) Aujourd’hui encore, si les chrétiens s’inquiètent indûment du moment où se produira la fin de ce système de choses, ils s’inquiètent en réalité de ce qui ne leur appartient pas.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1102009043&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=15

😘

5 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Former police officer convicted of George Floyd's death is stabbed in prison ! 

Hatred will increase on both sides

Wooow! This does not look like a coincidence at all.

Results from the autopsy of George Floyd is now out and it shows nothing of asphyxiation as the news told us. It looks like he wasn't murdered.

That's the same time that they're trying to kill the former police officer.

5 hours ago, MChill14 said:

details of the judgement message?

Yes this was discussed and will be viewed in January broadcasting

5 hours ago, MChill14 said:

Was Daniel chapter 11 discussed at the annual meeting?

No

IM SPECULATING 🤔 according to above. Therefore the ????

☺️

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Dolce vita said:

was used by Brother Lett in one speech

Yes. At the end of the very first GB update 

but this expression seems to have been mentioned before:

*** w75 7/1 pp. 395-396 What Things Do You Desire Most? ***
In this final part of the last days there is no question about the identity of these people who are in the earthly courtyards of Jehovah’s spiritual temple. They have come from every situation—all races, nations and backgrounds. They have cleaned up their lives and are changing their personalities according to the pattern set forth in the Scriptures. (Eph. 4:22-24) The Bible hope to which they hold is the prospect of everlasting life on earth. They are well described in the prophetic book of Revelation. With regard to the time when God’s ‘rocking’ of the nations is coming near to a conclusion, the Revelation vision first depicts the final gathering of those who will be resurrected to be heavenly kings and priests with Jesus Christ, then, as recorded by the apostle John:
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1975483&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=14

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

12 hours ago, Landon1285 said:

That was in 1986 and we are still building. The lesson still applies today

Yes! Keep in expectation. Eh been you expect something to happen you are in motion. Jehovah is moving his people are moving. 😀 When it comes we will see it. 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

14 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I've never related to this saying. To me if you reason that Armageddon won't come in your lifetime isn't that a lack of faith in the truth of the composite sign? We're living in the fulfillment of it how could we think it's not near? Perhaps this was something said in 2004 but now isn't so true.

I will plan/live my life in expectation that A-day WILL come tomorrow. That nearness is more evident than any other day

I agree with you.

This saying did not come from one of the GB, but from a Brother quoted  in this article.

So this was his thoughts. And it is not my thought. I live my life and plan as if Armageddon comes any day.

13 hours ago, SteveAus said:

Jehovah knows full well his servants worldwide are stretched to their mental limits of endurance. Never have I heard so many brothers & sisters in congregations across the globe, saying in effect "I don't know how I can continue".

Many faithful jw who worked in a company with non jw are stressed and unhappy. I was one of them. 

People's morality  is at the rock bottom. No conscience, they dont fear God. 

I once said "How can I endure this?" Some young witnesses at school are crying due to the bullying nature of godless young people. 

18 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

Said like that... and we're not kidding, Brother Turtle. Google is the guilty. I must feel relieved that he didn't say something rude. It's happened to me before. Well, I can count on you to come up with the idea, I hope. That said, how do you say it in English, then?

If I had, “a soiled diaper”, Iʼd really appreciate Jehovahʼs care. Iʼm fine with that, and i love those lingual quirps! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

9 hours ago, Kwabena said:

Wooow! This does not look like a coincidence at all.

Results from the autopsy of George Floyd is now out and it shows nothing of asphyxiation as the news told us. It looks like he wasn't murdered.

That's the same time that they're trying to kill the former police officer.

That reporting is not true re: "autopsy of George Floyd .... shows nothing of asphyxiation as the news told us". 
See this article on the Scientific American blog, "This story from June 2020, written by 12 physicians, explains how inaccurately portraying the medical findings from Floyd’s autopsy emboldens white supremacy under the cloak of authoritative scientific rhetoric."

George Floyd’s Autopsy

Edited by SteveAus

6 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

That reporting is not true re: "autopsy of George Floyd .... shows nothing of asphyxiation as the news told us". 
See this article on the Scientific American blog, "This story from June 2020, written by 12 physicians, explains how inaccurately portraying the medical findings from Floyd’s autopsy emboldens white supremacy under the cloak of authoritative scientific rhetoric."

George Floyd’s Autopsy

That article was written in 2020, the admission that the autopsy findings were faked has just been released recently.

37 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

That article was written in 2020, the admission that the autopsy findings were faked has just been released recently.

The original autopsy assessment still stands as far as I can find. See this May 2023 article explaining how these false reports are being spread - George Floyd’s autopsy report... does not say he died of an overdose

Edited by SteveAus

Interesting:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is considering the possibility of resigning, but he is first devising a plan to remain in position for months to come to achieve a comprehensive regional peace plan together with US President Joe Biden, said political sources.

Several polls have shown that Netanyahu's days in office are numbered.

https://english.aawsat.com/world/4689236-netanyahu-ready-‘resign’-wants-set-regional-peace-plan-first

1 hour ago, SteveAus said:

The original autopsy assessment still stands as far as I can find. See this May 2023 article explaining how these false reports are being spread - George Floyd’s autopsy report... does not say he died of an overdose

That was back in May, still old news. Here's more:

https://www.amren.com/news/2023/10/court-docs-reveal-extreme-public-pressure-on-prosecutors-in-george-floyd-case/

During her deposition, Sweasy also discussed a revealing conversation she said she had the day after Floyd’s death when she asked Hennepin County Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker about the autopsy.

{snip}

“He called me later in the day on that Tuesday and he told me that there were no medical findings that showed any injury to the vital structures of Mr. Floyd’s neck. There were no medical indications of asphyxia or strangulation,” Sweasy said, according to the transcript.

“He said to me, ‘Amy, what happens when the actual evidence doesn’t match up with the public narrative that everyone’s already decided on?’ And then he said, ‘This is the kind of case that ends careers.’”

26 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Exactly, what I'm talking about is less than two weeks ago.Very very current .

It's all politics. They're using precious lives to push their agenda.

These people are something else.

He said to me, ‘Amy, what happens when the actual evidence doesn’t match up with the public narrative that everyone’s already decided on?’ And then he said, ‘This is the kind of case that ends careers.

Edited by Kwabena

38 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Still a beat up. The original autopsy report has NEVER been modified or changed. Checking the source of the snippet you posted, I can understand why Tucker Carson was not mentioned as the originator of this false claim now doing the rounds of Conservative sites 😄

See another Fact Check

anyway, I'm not continuing this discussion, as it has veered way off course from the original topic.

cheers

Edited by SteveAus

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Interesting:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is considering the possibility of resigning, but he is first devising a plan to remain in position for months to come to achieve a comprehensive regional peace plan together with US President Joe Biden, said political sources.

Several polls have shown that Netanyahu's days in office are numbered.

https://english.aawsat.com/world/4689236-netanyahu-ready-‘resign’-wants-set-regional-peace-plan-first

That's interesting. Quite surprising given the current situation.