JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

37 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Possible to return to subject matter please? 🙏 
As fascinating facts are about cacao, the topic does not relate to the title of the thread. 🧵 

One or two comments do not derail the conversation, but let’s be mindful of the purpose of this particular thread.

Perhaps starting new topic “Cost of Living” would be better? 

You're right, we're so used to talking that the subject gets out of focus. 

The title is P&S, Trib and Armageddon and when they were talking about prices that's exactly where my mind went. I've been catching snippets of news reels from areas, like Turkey for instance, where floods and wind have decimated the olive and grape crops. also flooding in many areas like the deserts have killed thousands of livestock. Prices and availability for goods are skyrocketing.

All this caused me to visit Rev. 6:8 and the reference material on it. A WT #3 2017 it speaks of what will be happening on the earth- food shortage, deadly plague and WAR. Those articles in the WT are being fulfilled more than ever. It spoke of 1914 and AIDS, which were big in themselves but now we have Covid, our global pandemic and are on the brink of WW111 as well as the recent unbelievable weather patterns killing plant and animal life. So to me the price of cacao or figs is relevant, it proves how close we truly are.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

So to me the price of cacao or figs is relevant, it proves how close we truly are. (don't know what happened to quote?glich?) 

Yes and no, as negative "panic like" reports about cacao is nothing new 

Here is the article from 2014 

It’s the world’s favorite sweet treat – and this week one of the industry’s biggest players warned that supplies could soon be running low. It was Barry Callebaut’s annual report that sparked the latest round of anxiety about the future of chocolate this week. It joined other major industry players in bemoaning a 25% hike in cocoa prices this year. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/21/cocoa-crisis-world-chocolate-stash-melting-away

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

The title is P&S, Trib and Armageddon and when they were talking about prices that's exactly where my mind went. I've been catching snippets of news reels from areas, like Turkey for instance, where floods and wind have decimated the olive and grape crops. also flooding in many areas like the deserts have killed thousands of livestock. Prices and availability for goods are skyrocketing.

All this caused me to visit Rev. 6:8 and the reference material on it. A WT #3 2017 it speaks of what will be happening on the earth- food shortage, deadly plague and WAR. Those articles in the WT are being fulfilled more than ever. It spoke of 1914 and AIDS, which were big in themselves but now we have Covid, our global pandemic and are on the brink of WW111 as well as the recent unbelievable weather patterns killing plant and animal life. So to me the price of cacao or figs is relevant, it proves how close we truly are.

I couldn't have said it any better. 

Washington: 

Russian President Vladimir Putin will not make peace in Ukraine before he knows the results of the November 2024 U.S. election, a senior U.S. State Department official said on Tuesday, amid concerns that a potential victory for former President Donald Trump could upend Western support for Kyiv. "My expectation is that Putin won't make a peace or a meaningful peace before he sees the result of our election," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the outcomes of the meeting. https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/russia-president-vladimir-putin-wont-make-peace-in-ukraine-before-2024-election-us-official-4615905

Greg: But who knows how much weight is on his words..? Remains to be seen.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

18 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Washington: 

Russian President Vladimir Putin will not make peace in Ukraine before he knows the results of the November 2024 U.S. election, a senior U.S. State Department official said on Tuesday, amid concerns that a potential victory for former President Donald Trump could upend Western support for Kyiv. "My expectation is that Putin won't make a peace or a meaningful peace before he sees the result of our election," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the outcomes of the meeting. https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/russia-president-vladimir-putin-wont-make-peace-in-ukraine-before-2024-election-us-official-4615905

Maybe this could happen.

Things will continue to be tense until the us elections.

Mr. Trump becomes president.

President Putin stop the Ukraine war because of President Trump.

Majority of US citizens and the rest of the world start rejoicing because you know, "peace on earth".

People begin to realize that a lot of the wars that has happened is religiously related (like they don't already know) and also the Russia-Ukraine war was "resolved" not by religion but by politics and so they start to loose the little faith they already had in religion.

The fall is Babylon the Great begins together with the whole nine yards.

It looks possible, or?

12 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Washington: 

Still, we. do not know how the 1 Thes 5:1-3 will be fulfilled. We do not know who will cry for "peace and security". This prophecy gives a lot of speculations but one thing for sure this will happen along with other prophecies like progressive sealing of remaining while the rage of KOTN rampages until or prior Armageddon. Also, there is no indication in the prophecy that US and Russia will become friend in the last remaining of verses. Instead the verse tells us that the KOTN will come to its end and no helper for him. Only Gog, wild beast and 10 kings will be so popular and active during and until Armageddon. 

1 hour ago, Kwabena said:

Things will continue to be tense until the us elections.

Mr. Trump becomes president.

As we stay politically neutral, I won't say much other than this ex-president has MANY legal complications right now.   I do know he has a lot of pending court cases on many different things which will carry well into 2024.  Justice in the world does not always prevail so it is hard to say what will happen in the U.S.   All I know is that there are great "divisions" here and who knows what becomes of these cases.   It wouldn't surprise me if there is trouble when the 2024 election is finalized.

It is so great that we don't get involved in the political arena, no matter what country we live in.  We are truly united.

Edited by Desert Dan

24 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

As we stay politically neutral, I won't say much other than this ex-president has MANY legal complications right now.   I do know he has a lot of pending court cases on many different things which will carry well into 2024.  Justice in the world does not always prevail so it is hard to say what will happen in the U.S.   All I know is that there are great "divisions" here and who knows what becomes of these cases.   It wouldn't surprise me if there is trouble when the 2024 election is finalized.

It is so great that we don't get involved in the political arena, no matter what country we live in.  We are truly united.

Actually, the cry of peace may happen in the absence of our attention or will make us surprise. A lot peace negotiations are happening today and tomorrow. Who knows who will make this happen. Of course Jehovah knows it already and He will make it sure it will happen on time.

3 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

Means nothing in the scheme of things, but according to a report I read, globally, 2024 will have more government elections than in previous history.

How so?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

Means nothing in the scheme of things, but according to a report I read, globally, 2024 will have more government elections than in previous history.

If US keeps its word, restructuring of UN security councils both permanent and non permanent will happen next year. Next year will become most anticipated year😀

38 minutes ago, Richie said:

Actually, the cry of peace may happen in the absence of our attention or will make us surprise. A lot peace negotiations are happening today and tomorrow. Who knows who will make this happen. Of course Jehovah knows it already and He will make it sure it will happen on time.

It will caught many  jw to a surprise because theyre busy reaching 50 hours requirements or publishers are busy reaching out that goal. 

8 minutes ago, JennyM said:

It will caught many  jw to a surprise because theyre busy reaching 50 hours requirements or publishers are busy reaching out that goal. 

Hahaha. Actually reaching hours had finished its goal of Mat. 24:14 & od book ch 8:22. Now we are focusing on Mat. 28:18-19 & Rev. 7:9-10. So, every goals have their own timings like Mosaic law. 

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Hahaha. Actually reaching hours had finished its goal of Mat. 24:14 & od book ch 8:22. Now we are focusing on Mat. 28:18-19 & Rev. 7:9-10. So, every goals have their own timings like Mosaic law. 

Well... 50h and 30h (15h on special occasions) are both required for regular and auxiliary pioneers, nothing finished for them, and we are so proud of those hardworking brothers and sisters to keep remaining in the respective ranks and commitments.

Hour reporting only includes publishers. So yes, pioneers count hours and report them. 

3 hours ago, JennyM said:

Yes, when our focus is on the ministry we are in fact keeping on the watch, by being spiritual awake! And that's the state we want to be in when the end comes.

2 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Well... 50h and 30h (15h on special occasions) are both required for regular and auxiliary pioneers, nothing finished for them, and we are so proud of those hardworking brothers and sisters to keep remaining in the respective ranks and commitments.

Hour reporting only includes publishers. So yes, pioneers count hours and report them. 

Yes, because they have vows like Nazirite vow. But, having hours to non pioneers prior to new implementation had a big accomplishment to the preaching work or spreading the good news  to all nations. Figures and statistics can help us to identify the extent of work and can pin point where we are now. Since this is already accomplished, non reporting of hours will be okay for non pioneer. 

6 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes, when our focus is on the ministry we are in fact keeping on the watch, by being spiritual awake! And that's the state we want to be in when the end comes.

Here's an interesting thought. A watch also refers to a duty, like a guards watch or duty period. So another way of thinking about keeping on the watch, is stay on duty, stay at your assignment, keep doing your job. We are keeping on the watch when we are focused on our duty to preach. Keep on the watch, keep doing your assignment.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Here's an interesting thought. A watch also refers to a duty, like a guards watch or duty period. So another way of thinking about keeping on the watch, is stay on duty, stay at your assignment, keep doing your job. We are keeping on the watch when we are focused on our duty to preach. Keep on the watch, keep doing your assignment.

What a lovely collation. ☺️

18 minutes ago, Richie said:

Since this is already accomplished, non reporting of hours will be okay for non pioneer. 

Dear brother, I have no idea where you driving the point? Yes,  hour reporting is no longer required for publishers, but Jenny was referring to pioneers. (50h) 

Edited by New World Explorer