JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | Dennis Christensen Released

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 685 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A brother in my former congregation, who is from Denmark, knew Dennis Christensen years ago when Dennis attended the MTS. This was in about 2000, if I recall correctly. He sent me this article from the Danish state radio/TV channel. It documents his arrival at the Copenhagen airport:

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/udland/dennis-er-vendt-hjem-efter-fem-aar-i-russisk-faengsel-jeg-skammer-mig-ikke-over-det

(Google Translation here)

He said that when he heard the news on jw.org, he simultaneously learned from sources close to the family in Denmark that he had already left Russia via a flight to Turkey, and he was schedule to arrive from Turkey in Denmark this morning.

Edited by Sheep

Dennis Christiansen has shown us all that we can endure  through the most harshest of trials.  His faith in Jehovah is evident in his persona and  his joy throughout his imprisonment along with his trust in Jehovah.  He never broke a stride.  Although he was used as a pawn, he kept his smile through it all.  When we trust in Jehovah the way this dear brother did, Jehovah will take care of us emotionally and mentally.

I hope and pray that I too can endure what is up ahead.  I believe we can all learn from this beautiful faithful brother. 

Thank you Jehovah, thank you Dennis!

13 hours ago, Dages said:

I can't wait for an interview on jw.org

Prize winning danish eastern europe reporter, Matilde Kimer, interviewing Dennis for the news. She followed Dennis and Irina alle the way from the prison to Denmark to make a documentary to be shown later

Our brother filming this are filming for Jw brodcasting. 👍 Comming soon we hope.

2026dcd9-b6f8-465e-b81d-3fc520b6230c.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Looking forward on our News JW.ORG, to hear more about our beloved brother Dennis and Irina.  Seeing that he was doing an interview with a danish news reporter.   Am sure he will be of tremendous encouragement and still is to all of us (the remaining friends in Russia undergoing persecution) when he does an interview with our news reporters.  I burst into JOY when I read he was released!  Jehovah, gave him power beyond what is normal and (as others in here have stated) he had HOLY SPIRIT, made him STAND and what a WITNESS to the WORLD, his LOVE and DEEP DEVOTION AND LOYALTY TO our GOD JEHOVAH!  

Edited by Allabord4Jah

word change

On 6/3/2022 at 9:18 AM, jwhess said:

Watch the Governing Body update #4.  It is encouraging.

Thanks. I watched it last night. Encouraging indeed :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.