JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | Dennis Christensen Released

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 684 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just went up.

On May 24, 2022, Dennis Christensen was released from a Russian prison. He spent a total of five years in different detention facilities.

EDIT: Sorry all. Put this here before I noticed that it was already on the News Section.

Edited by Thomas Walker

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Dennis Christensen Released

Good news indeed! I understand that his sentence was due to end in May 2022? So it appears he has been released having served his prison sentence, rather than being released early - he was arrested on 25 May 2017.

This is the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) page about him (though it has not been updated yet):

There is also more information here:

Edited by Parale

1 hour ago, Thomas Walker said:

Just went up.

On May 24, 2022, Dennis Christensen was released from a Russian prison. He spent a total of five years in different detention facilities.

EDIT: Sorry all. Put this here before I noticed that it was already on the News Section.

At last :)

2 hours ago, Tia said:

Indeed was so elated - when I saw the update twirling on my phone at 5am 

I read my daily text via JW library app at 430am and nothing. Got a break at work and wow. Thank you Jehovah! 

I look forward to jw broadcasting update and possibly interview(s). 

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Remember to pray for our other brothers and sisters in Russia who are still in prison, some serving even longer sentences.

Be specific, know and say the names of those you pray for.

Edited by Parale

When I first heard the news I was afraid the Russian authorities would be watching him and he would get arrested again… then I read that he was going back to Denmark on this site. I’m happy he won’t have to worry about persecution anymore :)

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-05-24/russia-releases-jehovahs-witness-follower-from-prison-jw-says

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

24 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

I read that he was going back to Denmark on this site

He's a Danish National isn't he? Therefore, TBH, as a Foreign National Prisoner who has served a significant sentence, I would have expected him to be deported?... Yeah.... Washington Post says:

"The group [Jehovah's Witnesses] said Christensen was set to be deported from Russia on Tuesday night. It cited his wife as saying that he is “in a good emotional state.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/russia-releases-jailed-danish-jehovahs-witness-group-says/2022/05/24/65a5ab66-db91-11ec-bc35-a91d0a94923b_story.html

Edited by Parale

He's a Danish National isn't he? Therefore, TBH, as a Foreign National Prisoner who has served a significant sentence, I would have expected him to be deported?... Yeah.... Washington Post says:

"The group [Jehovah's Witnesses] said Christensen was set to be deported from Russia on Tuesday night. It cited his wife as saying that he is “in a good emotional state.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/russia-releases-jailed-danish-jehovahs-witness-group-says/2022/05/24/65a5ab66-db91-11ec-bc35-a91d0a94923b_story.html

The Scandinavian branch office will be glad to welcome him and his family to Denmark, I’m sure,

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”