JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

LDC - how are projects going in your area

5 hours ago, Parale said:

From Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA:

There was already a KH building at the address from at least 2007, and up to as late as May 2019, so the existing KH must've been pulled down and rebuilt? Wonder why??

Jehovah’s Witnesses Host Open House In Chattanooga Feb. 4

chattanoogan.com, Monday 30 January 2023

Jehovah’s Witnesses invite Chattanooga residents to an open house on Saturday, Feb. 4 at their newest Kingdom Hall in the city at 3741 Carl White Place in Chattanooga.

Visitors will be invited to tour the new meeting facility and watch a slideshow covering highlights of the construction project. Informational banners will showcase the educational and construction activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide, and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions.

"We are so excited to make this special effort to invite our neighbors to visit our community’s Kingdom Hall and learn how we will use this building as a center for Bible education," said Tim Weaver, local spokesperson for Jehovah's Witnesses in Tennessee. "This building is evidence of our care for our neighbors, our community and our environment.”

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2023/1/30/463327/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Host-Open-House.aspx

Trivia: One of the old Chattanooga KHs was sold-off, converted into a house, and was featured on HGTV's You Live in What?

In 2019 after we attended the Phoenix AZ international, we did a road trip of Tennessee and visited Chattanooga.  Didn't get to a meeting but enjoyed our stay.

• 1 month later...

From US Virgin Islands:

Newly renovated Kingdom Hall home to disaster relief center

Virgin Islands Daily News - Saturday 4 March 2023

Disaster preparedness and response are two things that are top of mind for residents of the hurricane prone U.S. Virgin Islands. Local Jehovah’s Witnesses aim to provide a sanctuary in times of crisis with the newly renovated Kingdom Hall on St. Thomas.

All were welcome to learn more about their effort during an open house on Feb. 24, which included guided tours of the disaster relief center.

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/newly-renovated-kingdom-hall-home-to-disaster-relief-center/article_f06ba442-6d7a-5c31-94a8-94ac02b452d3.html

From Rockville, Maine, USA

Newly renovated church to hold open house

The Courier-Gazette - Tuesday 7 March 2023

The community is invited to attend a special open house event March 10, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., at the newly renovated Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses at 335 Rockville St., in Rockport.

“Our meetings are always open to the public, but this special event invites anyone in the community to feel free to come in and see this building as a center for learning about the Bible,” said Jason Burridge, local spokesperson for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Maine.

During the open house, visitors can tour the facility and view a slideshow covering highlights of the construction project. Information about the Christian organization’s educational and construction activities worldwide will be on display, with local volunteers available to answer questions as well. The renovation project was completed entirely by volunteer ministers who came specifically to Rockport to dedicate their time, skills and labor to this special community project.

“Many of the mechanical and aesthetic components of this Kingdom Hall were nearing the end of their life prior to the renovation. Now the building is better insulated and heated more efficiently. And improvements to the sound and video systems have been made to improve the teaching and learning experience,” said Dan Minix, construction supervisor for the Rockport Kingdom Hall. “Adjustments were also made to the interior décor to make it more conducive to learning. Our hope for this building is that more people will receive Bible instruction in a comfortable and accessible setting.”

https://knox.villagesoup.com/2023/03/07/newly-renovated-church-to-hold-open-house/

Edited by Parale

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2023 at 5:26 PM, DarinS said:

Since you mentioned grand Abaco….

here are some picture before — PINK …post storm ….and after rebuild Blue

it was mostly rebuilt …walls - roof plumbing, windows and doors before Covid…but we were sent home before it was completed

not supposed to show the during…..but think this shows you a little of the Storm  damage and restoration 

B4699AA9-FFBF-4357-B4DC-58E6C31A74DD.jpeg

AAE38837-8F67-48AB-B766-106AED4F7018.jpeg

382E8139-155E-4789-AC1A-58DE8236AE1C.jpeg

3F933EB4-9424-4E9F-BA88-A561E9CB5017.jpeg

954E78E4-B8C5-4BC5-BA20-149FB18BC7C3.jpeg

Interesting to see the pictures with the latest Governing Body Update :)

https://jwtalk.net/topic/54694-gb-update-3-2023/page/2/#comment-924868

Edited by Parale

• 10 months later...

It is being said that here in Australia (not exactly sure whether just within our country or in Australasia), they are cutting the number of the LDC groups down from currently 13 to just about 3-4, thus limiting the number of Kingdom Halls being renovated or being built here. Not that we have many Kingdom Halls that need attending too, as we seem not to have many external forces (natural disasters or wars) that require them to rebuilt as such, but there is a much greater need for construction or renovations of Kingdom Halls in other countries that the Society are focusing on. I guess the numbers will change if there is a need back here.

We had a local needs part a couple of weeks ago regarding necessary works on our hall.  Apparently we are to finance these as a congregation rather than depend on LDC.  They encouraged us to donate online specifically to our congregation.  The works are not just general maintenance.  

My small  hometown( population 3000 people ) just got a brand new Kingdom Hall. We had our first meeting this past Sunday. The rules were not  to share pictures while it was being built, so I did not. 

Last weekend, the building was handed back over to the local body of  elders, so I think I am in the clear to share a picture. Personally, (which does not matter😅) Im not a big fan of the exterior industrial look....20240305_183826.thumb.jpg.210988dcc2f18a407d8416e41e2980c1.jpg HOWEVER ! .. the interior layout is AMAZING. It is a perfect layout and so very comfortable.  The windows with natural lighting on the inside is refreshing, pleasant, and happy . We now have sound in the bathrooms !;... what is this new technology I ask🤣

Side Note ( to be read in a little sqeaky voice)... there is a new materials smell... I think its the off gassing of synthetic materials , that made me kinda sick, but I know that will go away with time.

( Back to a  booming manly voice) 

I told my wife..The doors need to be left open for like 2 days with a huge fan  fresh air. 😂 

It is a much more functional building than what we have ever had. It is Very well designed!

This next picture is our old hall . It looks pretty on the outside but was getting very worn out. 20240305_183850.thumb.jpg.39913b3ee0947aaadea0b8f72370f31d.jpgI should know ...ive personally done plumbing repairs. It was remodeled in the 70s , then the early 90s, then again  in the mid 2000s. I made a YouTube video of the 2000s remodel that I posted once on jw talk. I will link again for any interested who didn't see it. Its probably boring to most, but it has heart value to me. I urge you NOT to watch it . Unless you want to go to sleep. Then watch it. 

I have cleaned and mowed and trimmed  the hedges on this old hall since I was a little kid , I am a  sentimental type  and it was hard for me to move to a new hall. 

But we have a fresh start  and a wonderful NEW Kingdom Hall!

We have the same style interior and color scheme including furniture. Only things missing are windows that makes it look and feels like a modern building. I would have love to see more wheelchair spots throughout the hall rather than always having to be placed at on either side of the last row of seats with no choice of choosing where you want to sit.   

Edited by Alikay

3 hours ago, Tsheppar said:

La vidéo ennuyeuse des gens que vous ne connaissez pas....mon ancienne salle 😅

https://youtu.be/FJ8kQdmYFFM?si=UKH_WkbRyXXZj5En

Je suis dans la vidéo plusieurs fois. Mais vous ne saurez jamais qui je suis, n'est-ce pas ? Hahhahhaha

I found this video very moving, especially in its first part. I had the impression of knowing all of you, of having seen you before, it's very strange; undoubtedly the hallmark of the beautiful smiling faces of our brothers and sisters around the world. 20 years later I recognized Greg and Monte, who hadn't changed much, with a few others. Thanks for sharing. May Jehovah bless each of you !

1 hour ago, Alikay said:

I would have love to see more wheelchair spots throughout the hall rather than always having to be placed at on either side of the last row of seats with no choice of choosing where you want to sit.

Yes absolutely good point. The previous old hall appeared to have fixed seats, whereas this new hall appears to have moveable, interlinked chairs, thus providing a flexibility which means that the layout can be reconfigured to accommodate local needs such as prams, push-chairs, walkers, seeing-eye dogs, wheelchairs, etc - which would appear to be inline with local guidelines. Of course the safety of all those attending needs to be considered, and maintained, especially in terms of escape routes. But with regular attendees it can be easy to keep the layout from week-to-week, or change it, depending on the needs, and requests, of those directly using the facility, rather than on what other people may think they want.

Having moveable, interlinked chairs, allows the seating to be reconfigured to provide, for example, a central aisle for use during a wedding or a funeral. At other times the back-to-front spacing of the seat rows can be increased, removing an entire row, depending on the number of seats required for those attending - likewise the front row can be removed, or added back in, as needed.

As a side point, FWIW I suspect the empty chair space we see in the picture is for a pram, or pushchair.

Edited by Parale

6 hours ago, Tsheppar said:

The boring video of people you don't know....my old  hall😅

https://youtu.be/FJ8kQdmYFFM?si=UKH_WkbRyXXZj5En

I am in the video multiple times. But you will never figure out which one I am,  or will you? Hahhahhaha

I loved your video, with so many happy and kind brothers. The video gave me incredible peace! The video warmed my heart. :crush:

I took the liberty of converting it to watch it again at home on my TV.

6 hours ago, Tsheppar said:

My small  hometown( population 3000 people ) just got a brand new Kingdom Hall. We had our first meeting this past Sunday. The rules were not  to share pictures while it was being built, so I did not. 

Last weekend, the building was handed back over to the local body of  elders, so I think I am in the clear to share a picture. Personally, (which does not matter😅) Im not a big fan of the exterior industrial look....20240305_183826.thumb.jpg.210988dcc2f18a407d8416e41e2980c1.jpg HOWEVER ! .. the interior layout is AMAZING. It is a perfect layout and so very comfortable.  The windows with natural lighting on the inside is refreshing, pleasant, and happy . We now have sound in the bathrooms !;... what is this new technology I ask🤣

Side Note ( to be read in a little sqeaky voice)... there is a new materials smell... I think its the off gassing of synthetic materials , that made me kinda sick, but I know that will go away with time.

( Back to a  booming manly voice) 

I told my wife..The doors need to be left open for like 2 days with a huge fan  fresh air. 😂 

It is a much more functional building than what we have ever had. It is Very well designed!

This next picture is our old hall . It looks pretty on the outside but was getting very worn out. 20240305_183850.thumb.jpg.39913b3ee0947aaadea0b8f72370f31d.jpgI should know ...ive personally done plumbing repairs. It was remodeled in the 70s , then the early 90s, then again  in the mid 2000s. I made a YouTube video of the 2000s remodel that I posted once on jw talk. I will link again for any interested who didn't see it. Its probably boring to most, but it has heart value to me. I urge you NOT to watch it . Unless you want to go to sleep. Then watch it. 

I have cleaned and mowed and trimmed  the hedges on this old hall since I was a little kid , I am a  sentimental type  and it was hard for me to move to a new hall. 

But we have a fresh start  and a wonderful NEW Kingdom Hall!

The exterior appearance of your old Kingdom Hall is beautiful!

The interior appearance of your new Kingdom Hall is beautiful!

What happened to your old Kingdom Hall? It sold? Or was it torn down to build a new one in its place?

On 3/6/2024 at 12:17 AM, Tsheppar said:

Last weekend, the building was handed back over to the local body of  elders, so I think I am in the clear to share a picture. Personally, (which does not matter😅) Im not a big fan of the exterior industrial look....20240305_183826.thumb.jpg.210988dcc2f18a407d8416e41e2980c1.jpg 

Just needs a Tim Hortons sign and it would be perfect lol. I grew up in the Northeast US and this is exactly what Tim Hortons locations look like. Does the parking lot loop around for a drive through? Haha but in all honesty I like it, it looks much fresher and more modern than your old KH. 

Actually a combo KH/coffee shop could make a lot of sense, would make coffee breaks easier. 😆