JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 593 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I find this interesting.

After the Sister Margaret removed the pictures from this thread I Googled "Kingdom Hall photos."

On the first few pages of photos there were several photos of the new design, straight off the video.

Both exterior, interior and closeup of the literature kiosk.

Went back last night fully expecting more posting of of scenes from the streamed program and they appear to have been pulled.

Do you suppose it was because of our conversation here?

Does anybody know how Google collects photos?

How do you remove them?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Went back last night fully expecting more posting of of scenes from the streamed program and they appear to have been pulled.

There has been a sort of copyright-war going on. Apparently there's a copy of the full LDC video floating around that repeatedly gets posted to Youtube and used for screenshots, and the branch is continually chasing down these copyright violations. But since those posting it are using anonymous proxies and sharing the video with one another through more private means, it's difficult if not impossible to cut it off at the source.

Fish & bread asking:

Is there any way that we might be of use? Not that we would be looking for these, but I think it possible to stumble upon them. Should this happen, what steps might we want to take and what would be appropriate action on our part? 

(John 6:8, 9)" . . .One of his disciples, Andrew the brother of Simon Peter, said to him:  “Here is a little boy that has five barley loaves and two small fishes. But what are these among so many?”

From this week's Co visit. There're will be 8 full time LDC workers (I guess per region- my assumption), no more than 25 workers on a site. He states the Governing Body wants elders and pioneers taking care of their responsibilities in the ministry /congregation and for construction work to continue at a faster pace.

Can anyone else confirm or share info. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Just a note: everyone knows they did not get rid of the RBC program, right? They have merged several RBCs together to make CGs or Construction Groups. Training and interviews by those responsible in these CGs will continue. The CGs are responsible for sending the needed workers to larger projects - Warwick, Walkill, Patterson, etc.

I just wanted to mention this as I heard an elder tell someone this program was discontinued - NOT so. I just went to a training yesterday and thru this arrangement hope to go back to Warwick to work.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The only info I can share is what I audio /video recorded from my Co said on Tuesday.

Co quotes ".... the rbc is going to be phased out ;at headquarters, the rbc doesn't exist on paper ;so it's going to be phased out and the LDC will be taking over ;after the projects that are planned will go on, after that 8 special full time workers will draw from local people of they need it ;there will be no more than 25 at a site at one time :I can't wait for images of new halls to be put on the website (small, medium and large Kingdom halls) ;the pioneers will be out in service, the elders be with the congregation again, that's what the Governing Body wants ;and the program will accelerate the construction work ;"

Those are direct quotes from his opening part on Tuesday. I'm not an appointed brother, I just mentioned what he said from my audio /video recording. I wish not to cause any confusion. ☺

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The only info I can share is what I audio /video recorded from my Co said on Tuesday.

Co quotes ".... the rbc is going to be phased out ;at headquarters, the rbc doesn't exist on paper ;so it's going to be phased out and the LDC will be taking over ;after the projects that are planned will go on, after that 8 special full time workers will draw from local people of they need it ;there will be no more than 25 at a site at one time :I can't wait for images of new halls to be put on the website (small, medium and large Kingdom halls) ;the pioneers will be out in service, the elders be with the congregation again, that's what the Governing Body wants ;and the program will accelerate the construction work ;"

Those are direct quotes from his opening part on Tuesday. I'm not an appointed brother, I just mentioned what he said from my audio /video recording. I wish not to cause any confusion. ☺

Phased out as far as building kingdom halls, but NOT phased out as in GONE. It will continue to operate for larger projects for many years.

Next you hear him say this, ask, how are the big projects like Warwick being handle. As LDC stands for LOCAL? Then you'll get "the rest of the story".

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Like I mentioned Jerry, all I did was to note exactly what he said at his beginning remarks of his service talk from the Tuesday meeting, that's all. I'm sure you appointed elders who seen the whole presentation have way more knowledge than what was briefly presented to my Congregation from the platform. ☺

There wasn't anything in the elders' presentation about the CG program. That program dealt specifically with the new KINGDOM HALL and ASSEMBLY HALL program. It didn't talk AT ALL about Warwick or the other current and future larger projects.

This is why I mentioned what I did here - since I have ALSO been involved in the larger projects.

I have heard some say that the CG program (formerly RBC) is gone or going. That is true for KINGDOM HALLS, but NOT true for these larger projects.

Soon .....

I was given the opportunity to review the plans for a hall which show block wall construction on the outside and steel stud construction on interior walls with near flat roof trusses. It must be for cold climate as there was a large coat room and enclosed foyer to keep out the cold weather. There was the normal men's and women's restrooms but there is a third option of a family restroom also for handicap access with assistance from family members which I like. No literature counter we're used to, either. The thing I really noticed also is the amount of windows in the design. Natural light is being let in and lots of public exposure so our literature can be seen on display in the foyer behind store front glass and nothing hidden as far as our meeting are concerned. The local police like this option as it gives them a view if there is an alarm that goes off due to vandalism break in and it's part of our state code here that a night light is to be left on in the foyer and auditorium for this purpose.

I know the commercial design will help protect our HVAC from vandalism and the possibility of solar on the roof might also help to keep the cost of operating the hall down to a minimum.

I am currently going through training of the LDC maintenance program at one of our Assembly Halls and they told us to take home to our congregations what we learn so that the same maintenance can be used there also. It was said that using this program will possibly save the Branch $14,000,000 a year on construction costs not have to remodel halls as often.

In the mean time patience is the word of the day until LDC reaches our area for kingdom hall design and construction. And in the mean time I'm busy answering emails from the branch for future work at Warwick which I hope to enjoy soon.

Edited by Mybrick

There is a LDC refurbishment taking place near me right now that began in January 2015. This is the first LDC project in Britain. The KH has 10 congregations with 3 separate halls in the building. The 10 congregations have all been sent to other KHs throughout London, up to 7 miles away - which by London standards is quite far.

The project is expected to last until the end of May.

Can you share any other details or perhaps some photos?

Marcus, how's that project coming along?   ...   any further details or pictures yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish to say that the LDC did an excellent job of renovating the 10 year old double Hall where I go to. The new carpet squares, new chairs, new sound system are great! ☺

I just wish to say that the LDC did an excellent job of renovating the 10 year old double Hall where I go to. The new carpet squares, new chairs, new sound system are great! ☺

Those carpet squares a great. If one section of the carpet get damage, then you can replace it with another square. Rather be square now than round later.

can't take anrcus, how's that project coming along? ... any further details or pictures yet?

They have stripped the building inside down to nothing. I can't take any pictures as i haven't been invited to take part on the project yet. The letters that have been sent locally have been strict - no invitation, no entry by no means. They have even boarded up the outside of the hall.

For years we had the air conditioning units on the roof .. Than we went to the ground .. No need to get a crane truck in to reroof

No noise transmission .. We just caged the units ...

The proposed plan I saw had only a 6 in high stage with a wheel chair ramp.. Around here the building code stipulates that all stages have a minimum of three steps.... Also noticed the huge coat area ..

It will be interesting

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

• 3 months later...

I received my first LDC invitation this week - in fact, I received two invites. The Hall is 3 hours away in another state.

This is the first invite from the new LDC arrangement I have received - prior to this my invites were RBC and mostly, only from the RBC I am/was in.

Looking forward to seeing how this new arrangement works. I will be going the week after our RC.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Our RBC is continuing to function through 2015.  Then...Poof!   :o 

Brothers & Sisters--our RBC WI#2 will still be functioning in 2015.  Please regularly check you email and Builder Assistant for new projects to be scheduled this year.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)