JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 600 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Afetr supper, for "Family Worship" we had an abreviated Watchtower and then "Gilead Class Introductions" ...... The ones who are now there for the next class were all announced and had a short interview.

Nice!

In the new class, all but one single Brother currently serves at a Bethel or RTO

Would that be the 140th?   ...   can't wait to see how much has advanced since Jerry was there    ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/15580-temp-work-at-warwick/page-10

Edited by timpin

I will be at Warwick Nov 1-7 and I will be returning home on Nov 8

Thing is, on Sunday, Nov 8, I will have some time to kill since I am taking the train home. I will be in Manhattan for part of the day. I plan on riding the PATH train to get around. I will be having some NY Pizza around lunch time. If anyone on here who lives in NY would like to meet up, PM me,

Wish I could! I only had went twice for pizza on the Bethel tour! Oh and it would've been really cool to meetcha! My husband is from there!

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

Have't seem amything like that.

It is now mid-week of my only week here. WOW! I have, so far, survived the daily hikes (I'm sure Jerry knows what I maen). Because of a bit of trouble with my hip, I head back to the VM (where we satrt and end the day) before the crowd. Seems everyday I take a different "wrong turn" and have to ask someone how to get out. Everyone has been very helpful - but, I have yet to come out of the same door twice (again, I'm sure Jerry knows what I am talking about when it comes to the "maze")

I have met many from all over the US - I met a Sister from ALaska today.

We have to be up and on the bus at 5:30 each morning for our ride over to Warwick and we do not get back untill after 7PM.

I guess, the only thing bad is "All Those Steps" we have to climb after the long day of work and walking to get to our bus.

How about it Jerry, did you find the steps "fun" at the end of the day?

They have instructed that we do NOT take any picture in the resident buildings. Any other pictures I have taken will have to wait until I am home since they are on my camera not my tablet, so I have no way to post them.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Have't seem amything like that.

It is now mid-week of my only week here. WOW! I have, so far, survived the daily hikes (I'm sure Jerry knows what I maen). Because of a bit of trouble with my hip, I head back to the VM (where we satrt and end the day) before the crowd. Seems everyday I take a different "wrong turn" and have to ask someone how to get out. Everyone has been very helpful - but, I have yet to come out of the same door twice (again, I'm sure Jerry knows what I am talking about when it comes to the "maze")

I have met many from all over the US - I met a Sister from ALaska today.

We have to be up and on the bus at 5:30 each morning for our ride over to Warwick and we do not get back untill after 7PM.

I guess, the only thing bad is "All Those Steps" we have to climb after the long day of work and walking to get to our bus.

How about it Jerry, did you find the steps "fun" at the end of the day?

They have instructed that we do NOT take any picture in the resident buildings. Any other pictures I have taken will have to wait until I am home since they are on my camera not my tablet, so I have no way to post them.

:lol1:  Yes, LOTS of steps! Then add snow and ice   :nope: Be careful my friend   :wave:

As to "fun" - I have been told by many - "your idea of "fun" needs some work!"   :lol2:

Warwick is a beautiful place - both physical scenery and the people. Jehovah's blessing is evident everywhere. Enjoy it! The hard part is leaving   :cry: That is NEVER "fun".

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

How long is your bus ride? Are you off route 17 or 80 at hotel ?

I received button from buddy when I toured this past summer.

Take care of the hip. Get some sleep!

We are off i80 and the bus takes about 45 minutes in the morning and longer in the afternoon

Here I am sitting at the table for breakfast for the last time

I will miss the good time and all the brothers and sisters but I sure will be glad to get home with the family

We are off i80 and the bus takes about 45 minutes in the morning and longer in the afternoon

Did you have a driver named Chris that looked a little like Jesus in the 2015 RC video?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

No our driver was a hired driver who was raised a Witness but left the Truth

My friends Elizabeth and Hayward said their bus driver is studying and he can't wait to drive the bus for free as a volunteer! They are at Warwick.

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

As there are over a dozen buses from over a dozen locations coming and going, the odds of being on that persons bus are low.

But it is good news. :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The company that owned the bus we were on did have 16 buses each day, but they are now down to 8. The driver we had was raised by Witness parents but he never really took the Truth. He liked driving us, but he is not studying - I did tell him about the November Broadcast, especially since his kids watch the Caleb videos.

They announced this past week while I was there that they are now aiming to have the facility ready for September opening on the entire project.

Looks like a 'September to Rember'! Excellent!! :D

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked since they kept us quite busy. Some of the Brothers had "health apps" on their phones that kept up with their walking each day. It was not unusual for them to have walked four to ten miles each day and going up/down 200-400 steps each day.

I don't think I walked that much but, since it is about a half mile from the VM (Vehicle Maintenance building being used as a dining room) to the residence buildings (where I was working) by road and we went "the long way", I would guess it is about 3/4 to 1 mile each way going through the buildings and tunnels/walkways.

We ate breakfast in the VM and our crew got to have lunch in D-Res (the D residence building basement - the furthest one on the left) I did not have to walk back to the VM for lunch. So, I would guess I only walked about 3-4 miles a day - not sure how many steps. (Incidentally, the restrooms are also a "hike" when you need them)

Anyway, here are some pictures. (Not sure just where Jerry stood when he took some of his, but you may still be able to determine how much progress has been made)

This will be the main entrance once everything is finished

post-2173-0-83109300-1447201238_thumb.jp

This is a view of the steps we had to walk first thing and last thing each day

post-2173-0-55350800-1447201711_thumb.jp

They were trying to get this area poured before the cold weather - that is the building maintenance building beyond

post-2173-0-91202400-1447201793_thumb.jp

These are some of the pipes that carry hot and cold water to/from the various areas. The water is used for plumbing as well as heating. If you look, you will see some orange "disks" near the center of the picture. They have what looks like three rubber bulges/tires in between them. These are "expansion joints" they were having to add - due to inspection. Seems they are required when different building meet. The green wall is the passageway from one building to the next. They were adding these joints while I was there.

post-2173-0-09085700-1447202899_thumb.jp

This is the driveway and parking area between C and D RES

post-2173-0-94813400-1447203140_thumb.jp

This is a remote controlled vibrating packing machine used when they are filling a deep area they do not want to risk someone riding a machine into.

post-2173-0-14501800-1447203495_thumb.jp

This is the view from a balcony in the C res - it over looks the lake

post-2173-0-85904500-1447203651_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

A very nice point was mentioned at my imitate Their Faith assembly this past Saturday. At the Willoughby Ohio Assembly Hall, Brother Shawn Mitchell from Patterson Bethel said there will be a time when there will be a need to build homes for the construction servants in LDC in our territories where they're based at.

Nice point for the near future.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)