JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 572 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Does anyone know about how long is LDC maintenance training is? Is it one week (4 days) or 2 weeks (8 days) in USA? 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

6 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Does anyone know about how long is LDC maintenance training is? Is it one week (4 days) or 2 weeks (8 days) in USA? 

What kind of training?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I would guess it's the training that the JW broadcasting talked about last year that they will be training. My wife and I was invited for July 18th through that Thursday and next I get email for training for previous week July 11th to that Thursday. 

I texted both my LDC contacts in my cong and they said they don't know. I also emailed the brother who sent the 2nd email for the previous week invitation and he hasn't got back in touch with me. 

I was wondering if anyone knew. I guess it's about maintaining our local Kingdom Hall. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

23 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I would guess it's the training that the JW broadcasting talked about last year that they will be training. My wife and I was invited for July 18th through that Thursday and next I get email for training for previous week July 11th to that Thursday. 

I texted both my LDC contacts in my cong and they said they don't know. I also emailed the brother who sent the 2nd email for the previous week invitation and he hasn't got back in touch with me. 

I was wondering if anyone knew. I guess it's about maintaining our local Kingdom Hall. 

I attended the MTV at the assembly hall last year and it was 4 weeks. I have not attended an MTV for the KH yet.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have found out the answer. It's scheduled for 3 weeks or 12 days (Monday to Thursday). 

Must rely heavily on Jehovah. 

• 1 month later...

After the 3 week (4 days per week) after the July 4th our brothers have scheduled this Saturday to utilize some training my wife received. Was informed that we'll be takings care of fluorescent lights. 

The training we received was very impressive. It initially applies to our local assembly Hall in Willoughby Ohio but we'll use it at our local double hall.  

This week I took care of string trimming the property and applying Roundup to keep weeds back from growing. A hot and steamy 7 hours of work spread across 3 days. 

Looking forward to the weekend! :D

On 6/29/2016 at 6:55 AM, Tortuga said:

What kind of training?

a maintenance trainers (sometimes couple) sent by bethel will visit a kingdom hall for one week (no matter how many congregations use it.) the trainer will train brothers using that kingdom hall how to maintain (repair) the KH. they will also teach the brothers how to properly spend funds on KH projects. There is a video (i think from JWB) to be shown to all of those who will volunteer. then they will be given tasks to complete. hope this helps.

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Our Local Needs this week was a video update about the LDC, has anyone else seen it?

Yes, I've seen it. Wasn't it like 11 minutes long?

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

5 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Yes, I've seen it. Wasn't it like 11 minutes long?

Yes, my wife wasn't able to attend the meeting so I'm trying to find the video for her.

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Our Local Needs this week was a video update about the LDC, has anyone else seen it?

My congregation has the circuit assembly tomorrow,  so we didn't see it yet.  I was at the hall yesterday and one elder makes reference to it to service Overseer and me.  It seems to be a nice video that the friends will be encouraged. 

• 1 month later...

Latest news from the Branch concerning LDC - there is going to be an update to the Builder's Assistant App/Program/Website 

Builder Assistant 4.0 Release and Linking Accounts to JW.org

We expect to release Builder Assistant 4.0 the latter part of January 2017. The new method of logging in and linking your account to your JW.org account will not take place until 4.0 is released.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

Maintenance Training can vary

We had it for 4 weeks @ the WPBCCC-but that is probably the largest AH in the US (West Palm Beach)

and then again we had Maintenance trainers @ the Local KH for 2 days

there are many bits and pieces

first the Jobs themselves are reviewed/determined

then a JHA is created - Job Hazard Analysis card

then whenever someone performs these jobs they are to review the card

I've had the privilege of being trained and being the trainer

Each assignment varies and some are weekly/monthly maint.  while other things are performed annually

the goal would be to train several folks in each location to handle all the basic maint. and to do so SAFELY

We now also have a regular newsletter that discusses SAFETY and we review it during morning worship

at both LDC projects and regular maintenance work days

On 12/25/2016 at 7:45 PM, Qapla said:

Latest news from the Branch concerning LDC - there is going to be an update to the Builder's Assistant App/Program/Website 

Some local brothers recently attended an LDC meeting, I heard that the brothers were told that if they weren't using the Builders Assistant program, they weren't part of the LDC. It sounds like the Builders Assistant will be the only means of communication when the LDC is looking for help. Everyone that filled out a DC-50 is encouraged to update their BA profile.

Just had our Kingdom Hall maintenance training for the rest of us today.

The brother and his wife has been going over the hall taking photos and getting everything organised including throwing out our step ladders and replacing them, and training elders etc.

90 minutes of talks presentations and explanations. Savings of around $80,000,000 per year I believe he said are likely through doing this.

We had 104 show up to be shown the ropes on how to use the manual and worksheets and what was involved.. Youngest there was about 4 oldest was in their 80s and every age between.

My 8 year old son kept asking questions and offering his thoughts, as he always does. It was great to see the brother take time to answer him and encourage him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2017 at 4:11 PM, Qapla said:

The update to the BA program is scheduled for Jan. 25 - the way we login will undergo some changes.

It looks like the update to Builders Assistant is complete, I linked my BA account to my JW.org account.

The BA program needed to verify my baptism date but they had originally entered the wrong year, that hasn't been a problem until I tried to link the accounts so I had to use the wrong date for my baptism... :(

On 1/14/2017 at 8:41 AM, Mykyl said:

Just had our Kingdom Hall maintenance training for the rest of us today.

The brother and his wife has been going over the hall taking photos and getting everything organised including throwing out our step ladders and replacing them, and training elders etc.

90 minutes of talks presentations and explanations. Savings of around $80,000,000 per year I believe he said are likely through doing this.

We had 104 show up to be shown the ropes on how to use the manual and worksheets and what was involved.. Youngest there was about 4 oldest was in their 80s and every age between.

My 8 year old son kept asking questions and offering his thoughts, as he always does. It was great to see the brother take time to answer him and encourage him.

We had our Kingdome Hall maintenace training  last saturday. The presenters made a point that this was not the time for an inspection, throwing out ladders, etc. But we did go over all the forms and then divided into groups for some practical training in their use. I really appreciate the emphasis on safety and training. This is a far cry from the way we operated under our EBC in the 1990s and earler.

I am a wee bit sensitive about safety, having had three workers killed on my projects. I shiver when I think of brothers spreading plywood on a quick  build roof in freezing rain and 35 mph, gusting to 50 winds. When I complained I was  told "It's Ok, they are being careful." That is just one example and there were many similar practices under the old QB system.

I laud these new programs. :) :):)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 2 weeks later...

Our area just had a "major" meeting for LDC with Elders being invited from all over the state and the islands that are part of the "zone" we are in.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Last Friday a couple of brother were adding a data line to the old 'Translation' room at the AH. They are converting it to a 'Maintenance' office. They said that LCD was going to aggressively implement the maintenance program that started with the MTV we had nearly two years ago. Apparently a brother will be using the new office to take over some of the maintenance responsibilities the AH caretaker would normally manage.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)