JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 593 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

This article may be interesting:

The Top 5 reasons to buy commercial grade screens for digital signage
http://www.samsung.com/us/pdf/knowledgectr/Why_Buy_Pro_WhitePaper.pdf?INT=us:pdf:knowledgectrpd_whitepapers:pos3:whybuycommercialscreens

Top 5 reasons to go commercial
1. The enclosures.
Commercial screens enclosures have been toughened to withstand the “elements” involved in deployments. 

2. Inputs

3. Heavy-duty hardware means a longer lifespan
Consumer screens in people’s homes are turned on anywhere from one to eight hours a day, and serious TV watchers or gamers may even have them on for 12 or more. But, many deployers demand 12-15 hour days out of their screens and locations like airports may never turn the screens off. 

4. Warranties

5. The extras – Glass, clocks, air-conditioners…and the list goes on.

After reading the article, it looks like the kingdom hall environment is not so demanding of the TV so as to require a commercial grade monitor.

Thanks for this interesting material. My former job installed commercial grade lcd's because of being always on so as to give machinist/operators the info they need as to running jobs, company news and etc. The commercial grade systems worked real good in that manufacturing environment. Probably not necessary for a Kingdom Hall environment. Thanks

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 4/8/2016 at 2:14 AM, Andrejrulz said:

Awesome! And there we are... Still struggling with a 50 bucks 240p - good for nothing - projector....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Which presents another issue. As the branch is regularly upgrading its software, how wise is it to procure a high dollar beast knowing that in a relatively short time it likely won't be able to keep up? There is the tendency to keep a dinosaur because it keeps plugging along. Having spent a lot of dedicated funds on more than good quality can actually leave us chasing the chariot rather than keep up with it.  Would it benefit us to look at the advancements made in just 6 months, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months. The trick is to get good quality with the aim of upgrading in step with the branch so as to feed the sheep the apportioned food, eh? Buying a long lasting beast could look like strapping the sword where you are slow to reach it. You want a new one with a cutting edge but this one still works, .....kinda.

We hade a nice time putting in the 2 inch metal I bolts that will allow for easy guidance of the wiring for the 4 lvd's at our hall. Only field service Overseer and I were doing it for our double hall. It took from 9am to 330pm to finish and clean up our 'mess'.  The congregation I visited today has their singular lcd to show the year text and they showed the images for the Watchtower study today. Here is the screen at end of meeting. 

IMG_20160417_191200.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

We hade a nice time putting in the 2 inch metal I bolts that will allow for easy guidance of the wiring for the 4 lvd's at our hall. Only field service Overseer and I were doing it for our double hall. It took from 9am to 330pm to finish and clean up our 'mess'.  The congregation I visited today has their singular lcd to show the year text and they showed the images for the Watchtower study today. Here is the screen at end of meeting. 

IMG_20160417_191200.thumb.jpg.196cb952b8b1e749faee1b77a52d53f9.jpg

Congregation I visited today didn't use their screens; they were off. No year text on screens; can't recall if year text is posted on wall behind podium.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The field service Overseer and I had the privilege of getting the LED's for tomorrow's. Project. YAY! (tu)

IMG_20160420_222308.jpg

Edited by AH173

Typo

From about 12 30pm to 9pm (including a 30-45 minute lunch break) we (about 8 brothers) labored to install all cat 6 drops, mounted monitor brackets and to leave testing 2 of the South side Hall network connections and put most of ceiling tiles back. This is what it look liked when I left a little after 9pm. More work to do at 9am for finishing testing of monitors and installing them. The brother tho came with me to the congregation who had the single monitor using text and Watchtower images showed the maintenance committee the sound box software.  It should be amazing tomorrow. :lol:

IMG_20160421_223909.jpg

About 95 % done. We have to do same for other side. Showing year text and convention reminders video. 

PhotoGrid_1461373380399.jpg

Previous image was South side of double hall. Now North side is complete and both should be ready by Tuesday meeting. YAY!

Spent 36 hours on project from initial eye hooks to completion today. Tired 

PhotoGrid_1461460030952.jpg

We had our 5 congregation (double Hall) brief meeting about the new monitors and attempting to use the sound box app for Windows. I'm hoping the app can be installed on the Hall's laptops and possibly this image from this Tuesday treasures from God's Word part. 

IMG_20160424_204102.jpg

On 4/24/2016 at 9:16 PM, AH173 said:

Previous image was South side of double hall. Now North side is complete and both should be ready by Tuesday meeting. YAY!

Spent 36 hours on project from initial eye hooks to completion today. Tired 

PhotoGrid_1461460030952.jpg

We replaced the left monitor with a new one and defective one returned to best buy. So far all is good! (:P)

Had a real good time with soundbox Thursday evening. Congregation was short handed because of meeting changed from Tuesday of circuit overseer visit of another congregation. I ran the audio and video. It went great! :superman:

IMG_20160506_015848.jpg

IMG_20160506_020733.jpg

Edited by AH173

Resize image

Well I got a call today  about a new Kingdom Hall that the LDC is ready to build in July ..  They need doors and hardware etc ... 

Design so far is with a 5/12 pitched roof .. With   A good overhang 

1  single Mens washroom 

1 single women's washroom 

2 multi use handicap washrooms

single chairs with arm rests from church chairs made in Florida..

Hardi board siding and some stone work 

A nice looking modest KH 

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

2 hours ago, Lance said:

Well I got a call today  about a new Kingdom Hall that the LDC is ready to build in July ..  They need doors and hardware etc ... 

Design so far is with a 5/12 pitched roof .. With   A good overhang 

1  single Mens washroom 

1 single women's washroom 

2 multi use handicap washrooms

single chairs with arm rests from church chairs made in Florida..

Hardi board siding and some stone work 

A nice looking modest KH 

Is the structure to be built in Canada or the US?

• 3 weeks later...

There was a nice mulch job at our Double Kingdom Hall. It looked bleak at 330pm. The friends trickled in. We got much of the 26 yards of mulch done - about 18 distributed. Very tired. About 5.5 hours of hard and sweaty sacred service. 

mulch job 3.jpg

mulch job 2.jpg

mulch job 1.jpg

On April 17, 2016 at 7:16 PM, AH173 said:

IMG_20160417_191200.jpg

Hey, this is my Kingdom Hall....

On May 6, 2016 at 0:32 PM, jwhess said:

Is the structure to be built in Canada or the US?

The new KH will be built in Canada..So far all the latest halls are built with a pitched roof ..  Rain and snow load.

Had a meeting last week on the budget for the hall .. They were desperately trying to get the cost down but since they are building in a delta region they need piles driven into the ground,it will not be a cheap build... The old hall is slowly sinking .. Some parts it has gone down 8 inches .. It is funny to see gaps under the doors of about 6 inches  .. Not good

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

We have several halls in our area that were told they need a new roof - not a new hall 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

21 hours ago, DRCole said:

Hey, this is my Kingdom Hall....

You're right Dennis! :squeeze:

• 2 weeks later...

It seems we had the LDC overseer and his assistant visit our congregation for a inspection today. I hope to find out what's going on. I was asked to assist the chairman of the maintenance committee with helping around the double hall a few weeks ago. Anticipating. :superman:

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)