JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Artemis 1 - Mankind's return to the Moon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 606 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I had the Weather Channel on the TV and they had someone there. If it had gone launched, I was planning on going outside to see if I could see it going up

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

9 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Launch cancelled

What a difference the letter "A" makes...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, Dawid said:

I am going to watch the launch. Who knows when is it going to be?

With NASA unable to launch today, the agency could try for one of at least two back-up days on which to fly Artemis 1 on its mission to the moon. If the agency solves the Engine No. 3 issue, it could try to launch again Friday (Sept. 2) or Sept. 5, weather permitting. If NASA cannot launch by Sept. 5, its next launch try would likely be in October, mission managers have said. Launch opportunities are limited by the stage of the moon and lighting conditions upon reentry, among other considerations.

“The earliest opportunity, depending on what happens with this engine bleed, would be Sept. 2,” Nail said. “However, we will await a determination of what the plan is to go forward.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/rocket-woes-delay-launch-of-nasas-artemis-i-mission/

Whenever it is ... if I am home and remember - I will look for that big roman-candle in the sky streaking upward.

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Whenever it is ... if I am home and remember - I will look for that big roman-candle in the sky streaking upward.

Write here, in this place if this lunch is going to happen 2nd of Sept., please

From where I live, I cannot quite see the actual vehicle as it heads to space - but, if I look south-south-east and the weather is clear, I can usually see the flame and smoke.

We did see the Challenger explosion back when that happened

15 hours ago, Qapla said:

From where I live, I cannot quite see the actual vehicle as it heads to space - but, if I look south-south-east and the weather is clear, I can usually see the flame and smoke.

We did see the Challenger explosion back when that happened

You are lucky to have such opportunity to see such amazing thing like launch of rockets. Are you also take some pictures in such situation? Did you watch launch of Rocket with James Webb telescope?

NASA once again calls off Artemis I launch due to technical issues

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

20 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

"Don't worry young man, we will try again next week"

Toy Story Pixar GIF by Disney