JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Religion in the news

1 hour ago, Percy said:

It is best not to mention it, as it could jeopardize the safety of our brothers there. Let them remain discreet.

I think it's fine to say it's thriving as long as we don't let on how, why or who. We know it's thriving in any land that Jehovah’s spirit is active. We just don't know or need to let others know how. Definitely will be some stories to tell in the New World won't there be?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 9/16/2022 at 8:05 AM, Dages said:

2045 for Churchianity to no longer be a majority ?
I don't want to wait that long :D 

Remember my dear brother, the longest any of us have to wait for the New System is our lifetime. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Good point, yet our preaching work is banned  in Russia and every time when our brothers and sisters are sentenced to jail or house arrest they are posted at JW.org. 

Does this jeopardize the safety of them too.

Russia will only jail them.
Muslim countries aren't that "nice" with people who stop being muslims

The information given on JW.org. that the governing body approves to post about our brothers being imprisoned in Russia for their faith is totally different then Iran where christianity or JWs is dangerous to practice in a land of Muslims, Arabs, Iranians. The lives of  our  brothers that are risking their safety to further the Kingdom news that is sorely missing and needed in this backward and unrelenting land cannot be compared to Russia where we were once able to preach.

Not minimizing Russia but, we once practice our faith there.  Not so in the Middle East.

If we have knowledge of this preaching in Iran, it is not for us to know because, we are putting our friends at risk of losing their lives.  The JW.Org will never post it!

Why, are we posting this here??

Jason, no you are not creating divisions here.  Its all a matter of opinions.  However, think if the GB would post or say anything about it.  They are discreet.  So, in my opinion we should all be of the same mind.

I'm sorry if I sounded negative or even accusatory, not in my nature.  I feel very concerned when our brothers are in harms way and things are posted like a menu.

I guess I'm very sensitive that way.  My apologies.

23 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Good point, yet our preaching work is banned  in Russia and every time when our brothers and sisters are sentenced to jail or house arrest they are posted at JW.org. 

Does this jeopardize the safety of them too.

There is a difference. Muslim countries have always been off limits but Russia wasn't at one time. I know some in a very large country and we have to communicate with them in coded words.

Hopefully when Christianity is the minority that will mean this system can only last a couple more years because I already find the 'religion' that's replacing it to be so insufferable and annoying. 

(and no I'm not talking about Bhuddism or Islam)

Edited by Katty

17 minutes ago, Katty said:

Hopefully when Christianity is the minority that will mean this system can only last a couple more years because I already find the 'religion' that's replacing it to be so insufferable and annoying. 

(and no I'm not talking about Bhuddism or Islam)

atheists?

16 hours ago, Jwanon said:

atheists?

Yeah the secular "humanists" or like the "progressive" types I talked about in the other thread. At least people in Christendom understand why people should at least act humble and that arrogance is not a virtue. 

3 hours ago, Katty said:

Yeah the secular "humanists" or like the "progressive" types I talked about in the other thread. At least people in Christendom understand why people should at least act humble and that arrogance is not a virtue. 

ahhhhh... I ran this through ChatGPT because I had no idea what this meant or who these people could be. In the United States these are very very influential people. I ran a list of top 30. Would be interesting to see an election win for the current ruling party with the current time and space we're in. Because they could indeed make it difficult to. It's like Atheism wrapped in an Oscar Meyer bologna sandwich.

Interesting, that in Russia carefull house-to-house ministry is permitted about 2 years yet.

But not in new occupated Ukrainian territories. Preaching is permitted only to good-known people and if he is good both to you and JW`s.

From other hand, if somebody tries to change the Muslim's faith wto christianity must be executed by the current laws of Iran.

It is the difference.

On 8/24/2024 at 11:14 AM, cme said:

Not minimizing Russia but, we once practice our faith there.  Not so in the Middle East.

FWIW - for historical reference - take a look at the Service Year Reports that used to appear in the Yearbooks and Watchtower magazines, for example ....

image.thumb.png.c4792e177980bd5c5a59725c6db7a808.png

Edited by Parale

Catholic Diocese Sues Three US Government Departments

https://www.newsweek.com/catholic-diocese-sues-three-us-government-departments-1947178

The legal action, filed in the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, names the Department of State, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as defendants. The five priests', who are part of the lawsuit, legal status expires as soon as next spring, according to the AP.

The lawsuit stems from a procedural shift implemented in March 2023 that significantly extended the waiting period for religious workers seeking permanent residency, commonly known as green cards. This change has created a backlog that could potentially force thousands of those foreign-born priests and religious workers to leave the U.S. when their temporary visas expire.

Maduro decrees Christmas will start in October in Venezuela

“September smells like Christmas!” Maduro said in his weekly television show on Monday, to the apparent delight of his audience.

“This year and to honor you all, to thank you all, I am going to decree the beginning of Christmas on October 1. Christmas arrived for everyone, in peace, joy and security!” he said

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/03/americas/christmas-venezuela-october-maduro-intl-latam/index.html

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Maduro decrees Christmas will start in October in Venezuela

“September smells like Christmas!” Maduro said in his weekly television show on Monday, to the apparent delight of his audience.

“This year and to honor you all, to thank you all, I am going to decree the beginning of Christmas on October 1. Christmas arrived for everyone, in peace, joy and security!” he said

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/03/americas/christmas-venezuela-october-maduro-intl-latam/index.html

If I put my tree up in December, I get remove from the congregation. But, if I put  it up in by October, I might not. Bring in the chocolate everyone!!!

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

“September smells like Christmas!” 

“This year and to honor you all, to thank you all, I am going to decree the beginning of Christmas on October 1. 

He thinks he's the king of Venezuela?      I notice he didn't mention food,  just abstract things.