JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Broadcasting video from May 2015 disappeared

When I recently compiled a list of Video Postcards, It was already removed at that time.  However a year ago when I started a JW Broadcast Topical List by Month, it was online then.  I described it as:

JW Broadcasting - 2015-05 (Honor Jehovah With Your Valuable things; Accelerated Building Projects; New Cameroon Branch Announced; Braille Pubs and Support; John Lewis-Experience; RTO Future Construction; Music Video: Honor Jehovah With Your Valuable Things.mp4)

I noted other months when there was no broadcast: July-Aug-Sept 2020; July-Aug 2021; July-Aug 2022.  Perhaps someone can shed light on why this one was removed.  

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

Brother John, do you have the broadcasts downloaded as files on a device or computer?  The May 2015 BC was there for a long time, but now it's not on any menus on any device, online or otherwise, to listen to or download.  If you downloaded and saved it, that's the only explanation I can think of as to why you are still able to listen to it.  I think that may also be the case with Peter who posted above that he had downloaded them on his windows PC.  

I don't have enough memory to download everything and especially appreciate Bro. Chews transcripts to refer to, though I don't think they go all the way back to 2014.

3 hours ago, Watching and Waiting said:

Brother John, do you have the broadcasts downloaded as files on a device or computer?  The May 2015 BC was there for a long time, but now it's not on any menus on any device, online or otherwise, to listen to or download.  If you downloaded and saved it, that's the only explanation I can think of as to why you are still able to listen to it.  I think that may also be the case with Peter who posted above that he had downloaded them on his windows PC.  

I don't have enough memory to download everything and especially appreciate Bro. Chews transcripts to refer to, though I don't think they go all the way back to 2014.

Yes, I try to download them all when they first come out.  I do have some backed up on additional hard drives, but I have had a couple of computer failures in the last 3 to 4 years and some files have been lost.  Much older files (like the 1958 New York assembly I have on CD/DVD.

20 hours ago, Watching and Waiting said:

I noted other months when there was no broadcast: July-Aug-Sept 2020; July-Aug 2021; July-Aug 2022.  Perhaps someone can shed light on why this one was removed.  

Dear Sister Janet

All the months of July and August mentioned were regional conventions, so they are not available as a Broadcasting program. As for September 2020, it is interesting that he also disappeared. The most surprising thing is that in parts, the entire program is on the site. Conducted by his brother James Mantz. His speech was called: You Can Meet the Challenge of Bearing “Thorough Witness”. There was also an interview with Kay Harrigan: Imitating the Impartial God and Sabina Asangalwisye and Saitoti Mellau: Bearing Fruit Despite Challenges. And also the song Please Be Convinced. At the end, before greetings from Bolivia, there was a video about the international congresses of 2019 “Love Never Fails”! international conventions.

12 hours ago, jwhess said:

Yes, I try to download them all when they first come out.  I do have some backed up on additional hard drives, but I have had a couple of computer failures in the last 3 to 4 years and some files have been lost.  Much older files (like the 1958 New York assembly I have on CD/DVD.

Dear Brother John, 
I was very sorry to hear that you lost such valuable files.

4 hours ago, Misha said:

Dear Brother John, 
I was very sorry to hear that you lost such valuable files.

Computer devices are always prone to possible failure.  When the number and size of the files gets very big, it becomes harder to make complete backups of all of them, all of the time.  Occasionally some are lost.  Sometimes I can get copies from friends but some unique files are just gone.  It happens occasionally but we move on.  Thanks for your note of commiseration...❤️

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2022 at 3:12 PM, Watching and Waiting said:

When I recently compiled a list of Video Postcards, It was already removed at that time.  However a year ago when I started a JW Broadcast Topical List by Month, it was online then.  I described it as:

JW Broadcasting - 2015-05 (Honor Jehovah With Your Valuable things; Accelerated Building Projects; New Cameroon Branch Announced; Braille Pubs and Support; John Lewis-Experience; RTO Future Construction; Music Video: Honor Jehovah With Your Valuable Things.mp4)

image.thumb.png.a8082e986d265ab534ea5461f2627949.png

We may still can reach the videos separately. For example, this is the link to that program's main talk. Please nothe the video name at the end of the address.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioTalks/pub-jwban_201505_1_VIDEO

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can still see it in my Monthly Broadcasts' folder for 2015.  🤭

I'm gonna go watch it and see if I can find a clue as to why it vanished from JW.ORG :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I can still see it in my Monthly Broadcasts' folder for 2015.  🤭

I'm gonna go watch it and see if I can find a clue as to why it vanished from JW.ORG :D 

Please don't tell me they deleted a BBQ scene...:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 12/5/2022 at 3:09 PM, Ysaias said:

image.thumb.png.a8082e986d265ab534ea5461f2627949.png

We may still can reach the videos separately. For example, this is the link to that program's main talk. Please nothe the video name at the end of the address.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioTalks/pub-jwban_201505_1_VIDEO

That's such a nice picture of Bro. Lett

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• Shawnster locked and unlocked this topic