JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since May 2021, our Morning Worship videos no longer show the date they were uploaded onto the website - Any idea why?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 479 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I wanted to find out when one of our videos was released, so usual, I would find the video I was looking for, and at the bottom I could find the date it was released on the website. But this time, it was different. At the bottom of the video I saw this code "jwb-080-12.v" instead of a date. After checking out some other videos, I noticed that the brothers have been uploading the morning worship videos with the code instead of a date since May 2021. Before that date, we used to have the date at the bottom.

Now that I discovered this, it does make me a bit sad. It was handy to have a reference date for the videos. The date allows you to place the video in context and know how long ago it was released. I do know that some computer savvy ones can use the code to find out in which month it was released, but that is not the case for the majority of us.

Below you can see how it used to be (image 2) and how it currently is (image 1).

Any ideas as to why this change happened? 

381654667_Broadcastingdatesfinal.thumb.jpg.26812ec15a69a5727f4086969ab2b198.jpg

Edited by Br. Ice

On 12/30/2022 at 3:24 PM, Brother_Bliss said:

Maybe to stop people from figuring out the URL of videos and sharing them before they are officially released.

But the code is used for that, and that is what is being shown at the moment.

I would that the fact that the code is being shown now is actually helping if you are there to try to fihure out the URL. 

I don't see how knowing the date (how it was in the past) could help with figuring out the URL.

Date (past)

Code (present)

It was just an off the cuff thought about why they would change the style of naming files. Putting a stop to that obnoxious practice was the first thing that came to mind.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)