JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1573 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Since the URL www.tv.jw.org was discontinued, browsers are redirected to the main website.

I have found it confusingly difficult to find (for example) the latest Gilead Graduation videos.

I typed in "148th Gilead Graduation" in the search box, and was present with over 1,800 results, a lot of which were not about that class but various other classes

I was in no hurry to search through that bumber harvest of results.

Isn't there an easier way to access the Gilead Graduation or other events such as the Annual Meeting??

I have just tried searching for "Gilead Graduation" in the library/videos section at jw.org and I got only 49 results. 

So you go to jw.org, then click on "library", then choose "videos" and in the search box you type "Gilead Graduation".

Mind you, there are two search boxes. One is in the top right-hand corner for the whole website and the other is on the video page specifically for searching videos. 

If you are at the Home Page of JW.org click on the "Library" menu item on the top. It will present a menu ... you can select "JW Broadcasting" 

See if that helps

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

56 minutes ago, Harry Evans said:

I typed in "148th Gilead Graduation" in the search box, and was present with over 1,800 results, a lot of which were not about that class but various other classes

My brother, I believe there has only been a broadcast video for the 147th Gilead Graduation released in December 2019.  Perhaps that may help resolve your search. 🤗
https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/categories/VODStudio 

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

If you are at the Home Page of JW.org click on the "Library" menu item on the top. It will present a menu ... you can select "JW Broadcasting" 

See if that helps

Selecting JW Broadcasting now only takes you to monthly programs rather than all the videos that used to be on JW Broadcasting. Now you need to look for a particular video in the category where it used to be on JW Broadcasting.

3 hours ago, Harry Evans said:

Isn't there an easier way to access the Gilead Graduation or other events such as the Annual Meeting??

Here's where you would go to find the Gilead Graduations, Annual Meetings, Morning Worship, or Conventions:

Library --> Videos --> (scroll down) Programs and Events. That will get you to this page. Scroll down to Gilead Graduations, or whichever "event" you are looking for.

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

Selecting JW Broadcasting now only takes you to monthly programs rather than all the videos that used to be on JW Broadcasting. Now you need to look for a particular video in the category where it used to be on JW Broadcasting.

Br. Eric, when I select the JW TV icon and it redirects me to JW.ORG it takes me to the "Library" with all of the videos listed.  It starts with featured video and then at the bottom of the page it lists all of the video categories.  It does not take me to the monthly programs (unless it is the featured video).

Picture 1 shows the redirected page and picture 2 shows the scroll down the page to the bottom.

jwtv.JPG

jwtv2.JPG

8 hours ago, Harry Evans said:

Since the URL www.tv.jw.org was discontinued, browsers are redirected to the main website.

I have found it confusingly difficult to find (for example) the latest Gilead Graduation videos.

I was in no hurry to search through that bumber harvest of results.

our last Gilead Graduation (December Broadcast) was the 147th one.

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

Br. Eric, when I select the JW TV icon and it redirects me to JW.ORG it takes me to the "Library" with all of the videos listed.  It starts with featured video and then at the bottom of the page it lists all of the video categories.  It does not take me to the monthly programs (unless it is the featured video).

Picture 1 shows the redirected page and picture 2 shows the scroll down the page to the bottom.

jwtv.JPG

jwtv2.JPG

The above is what you get when you select Library, then Videos. But I'm wondering what you mean by...

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

Br. Eric, when I select the JW TV icon and it redirects me to JW.ORG it takes me to the "Library" with all of the videos listed.

In saying JW TV icon, are you referring to the old link for JW Broadcasting in your browser's favourites? Maybe it's what you get when you do it that way. But I wasn't referring to that. I don't use the old icon; in fact it's gone from my favourites. I am just referring to what you get inside of jw.org, regardless of how you got to jw.org.

If you are in jw.org, click on Library, and then JW Broadcasting (not Videos), here is what you get:

218770879_JWBroadcasting.thumb.PNG.e54faa8c28a5d9a1835ba22c8941af1a.PNG

(That's all I can get on one screen in my browser.) Below that are Monthly Programs, Talks, and News and Announcements. There are no categories under that. That's what I was saying above:

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

Selecting JW Broadcasting now only takes you to monthly programs rather than all the videos that used to be on JW Broadcasting.

Maybe you're doing things differently than I was, especially since you mention an icon.

Edited by Sheep

I use the Amazon Firestick. It has a JW Broadcast app. It opens to the video section, and shows the latest videos along the bottom.

Or you can navigate menus to view a particular section. 

My latest ones along the bottom are:

Intro to Genesis, 147th Grad, Bro LaFranca... 

This hasn't noticeably changed since the Web address changes 

15 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

I use the Amazon Firestick. It has a JW Broadcast app. It opens to the video section, and shows the latest videos along the bottom.

Or you can navigate menus to view a particular section. 

My latest ones along the bottom are:

Intro to Genesis, 147th Grad, Bro LaFranca... 

This hasn't noticeably changed since the Web address changes 

I've heard of Firestick, and the JW Broadcast app, but I don't know what they are. I don't have them. I am using Mozilla Firefox on my Windows laptop, directing it to jw.org.

Edited by Sheep

59 minutes ago, jwhess said:

This is the selection tab, icon or whatever.  On my Android phone , I had made a desktop icon as shown in picture 2.  It takes you to the same place (after the re-direct).

Aha! I thought you were doing something different from what I am doing. You're using an Android phone, and I'm using a Windows laptop. None of that stuff is on it.

I've heard of Firestick, and the JW Broadcast app, but I don't know what they are. I don't have them. I am using Mozilla Firefox on my Windows laptop, directing it to jw.org.

It's an American thing.
It plugs into the HDMI port of your TV, and connects to the internet via your home Wi-Fi.
It then opens up hundreds of TV channels.

https://www.wirelesshack.org/what-is-the-amazon-fire-stick.html

Just Older

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

Aha! I thought you were doing something different from what I am doing. You're using an Android phone, and I'm using a Windows laptop. None of that stuff is on it.

Sorry, the first picture was from my Windows 10 PC.  It works on my Ipad also.

In Windows, I had made a "shortcut" (like a new folder) on the desktop with the URL for the JW Broadcasting. 

If you use Chrome, just go to the JW.ORG, choose "Library > Videos " and click on the 3-dots (more) in upper right corner of the menu bar, go down to "more tools" and select "make a shortcut". It puts an official looking icon on your desktop.  see the picture.

TV-1.JPG

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)