Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Public edition nr. 1 2023


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 452 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

There is no such edition available on JW.ORG nor in the JW Library app.  Our shipment from the branch only included the Watchtower #1 from 2022 (and the Awake  #3 of 2021).

 

Edit:  the branch has offered the Public Witnessing carts the option of using new magnetic signs for the 2018 edition.


Edited by jwhess
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jwhess said:

There is no such edition available on JW.ORG nor in the JW Library app.  Our shipment from the branch only included the Watchtower #1 from 2022 (and the Awake  #3 of 2021).

 

Edit:  the branch has offered the Public Witnessing carts the option of using new magnetic signs for the 2018 edition.

It is mentioned in the July 2022 S-147

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Parale said:

The Front Cover, in English, is available on the servers....

 

Yes. I see it. It's the same cover as the one in Dutch above. In fact, all the images from that Watchtower are on the servers.

 

By the way, the English title is: Mental Health - Help from the Bible. In French it's: Santé mentale - L'aide de la Bible. Spanish: La salud mental - La ayuda que de la Biblia. Portuguese: Saúde mental - Como a Biblia pode ajudar.

 


Edited by Sheep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

 

This evening we had our meeting and I was surprised to got a copy of this Watchtower!

 

It isn't on the website yet..

 

It's subject is, translated from Dutch to English:

 

Mental Health - How the Bible can help.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

 

 

 

The cover has been on the servers for weeks… 

nice to see them out now ☺️☺️

very timely 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I only just noticed, we've not had any public magazines since No1 issues 2022 of WT and Awake.  Do we know why?

There is only one new public Watchtower and one new public Awake per year.  they are spaced with Watchtower in the first half and the Awake in the second half of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

You know Brother John, I knew we knew this.  But I can't keep track anymore 🤣.  Thanks for clearing that up.

The website has very up-to-date front page articles that serve the purpose better in this fast pace, ever-changing world of quick-grab information.

Many years ago a brother suggested that one day we would have just single page magazines and the rest would be on the website. That sounded logical to me and I started a topic here about it several years ago. However the Branch has taken a different direction and has limited the number of new magazines they publish. Perhaps one day the number of new and old magazines that are printed will be reduced to save paper.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

 

This evening we had our meeting and I was surprised to got a copy of this Watchtower!

 

It isn't on the website yet..

 

It's subject is, translated from Dutch to English:

 

Mental Health - How the Bible can help.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

 

 

 

We’ve had a delivery too, I was surprised to see it considering it wasn’t on the website or JW Library 

08E2B60B-4355-4BF6-B95B-4423B3B779EC.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Are we going to be presenting this magazine in the door-to-door ministry? I wonder how we are going to introduce it without offending somebody.

 

Ex: We have this magazine discussing mental health, and that's why we're calling on you.

 

It will be featured this summer and they would be crazy to not read it...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Are we going to be presenting this magazine in the door-to-door ministry? I wonder how we are going to introduce it without offending somebody.

 

Ex: We have this magazine discussing mental health, and that's why we're calling on you.

 

so I was suffering from a severe mental disorder but the Bible helped me get over it.. wonder how? this magazine explains it beautifully .. say it with one eye closed, a tired look.. sympathy creates curiosity! 


Edited by Hotteok
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It will be featured this summer and they would be crazy to not read it...:whistling:

All joking aside, I am looking forward to reading the magazine, I'm sure we will find a lot of information that will be easy to share.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

You know Brother John, I knew we knew this.  But I can't keep track anymore 🤣.  Thanks for clearing that up.

The website has very up-to-date front page articles that serve the purpose better in this fast pace, ever-changing world of quick-grab information.

Here is our list for 2023

 

Featured 2023      Magazine & number

Jan – Feb              Watchtower #2 2018

Mar – Apr              Awake #2 2018

May – Jun                Watchtower #1 2023 (new)

Jul – Aug               Awake #1 2020

Sep – Oct*             Watchtower #2 2020

Nov – Dec                Awake #1 2023 (new) 

Note:  Special Campaign September 2023

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Here is our list for 2023

 

Featured 2023      Magazine & number

Jan – Feb              Watchtower #2 2018

Mar – Apr              Awake #2 2018

May – Jun                Watchtower #1 2023 (new)

Jul – Aug               Awake #1 2020

Sep – Oct*             Watchtower #2 2020

Nov – Dec                Awake #1 2023 (new) 

Note:  Special Campaign September 2023

Thank you Bro John.  I assume Australia is the same.  So now I’m going to do my literature cart in line with the literature featured.  I will still keep some Enjoy Life brochures on display.  When we did Metro the direction was not to have too many different publications and keep them in harmony with the poster.  So generally I have 1 or 2 only different publications on the cart.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

Are we going to be presenting this magazine in the door-to-door ministry? I wonder how we are going to introduce it without offending somebody.

 

Ex: We have this magazine discussing mental health, and that's why we're calling on you.

 

A lot of people have struggled more with mental health throughout the pandemic, I think it’ll be a topic that many are interested in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jwhess said:

Sep – Oct*             Watchtower #2 2020

Note:  Special Campaign September 2023

I love that magazine!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)