JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Public edition nr. 1 2023

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 391 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 2/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, TheKid23 said:

We’ve had a delivery too, I was surprised to see it considering it wasn’t on the website or JW Library 

08E2B60B-4355-4BF6-B95B-4423B3B779EC.jpeg

I have noticed before that we got a Life and MinIstry Workbook before it was online ... but a Watchtower ... what a lovely and very timely surprise. Makes me wonder if ours have arrived too!!

On 2/5/2023 at 5:29 PM, Abigail said:

I have noticed before that we got a Life and MinIstry Workbook before it was online ... but a Watchtower ... what a lovely and very timely surprise. Makes me wonder if ours have arrived too!!

Yes, we have it too. I missed the last two in person meetings with a cold ... ☺

On 2/3/2023 at 1:23 PM, jwhess said:

Here is our list for 2023

Featured 2023      Magazine & number

Jan – Feb              Watchtower #2 2018

Mar – Apr              Awake #2 2018

May – Jun                Watchtower #1 2023 (new)

Jul – Aug               Awake #1 2020

Sep – Oct*             Watchtower #2 2020

Nov – Dec                Awake #1 2023 (new) 

Note:  Special Campaign September 2023

So I see we’re doing like brother Morris said we would probably do, print new subjects every now and then and distribute reprinted copies 😊

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

So I see we’re doing like brother Morris said we would probably do, print new subjects every now and then and distribute reprinted copies 😊

Yes, the Public Watchtower and Awake! 'magazines' are effectively evolving from being regular periodicals into being a set of brochures, with a new issue being added annually. Actually arguably the Public Watchtower and Awake! magazines have replaced brochures, especially in terms of the ministry, with the exception that proves the rule being the Enjoy Life Forever! - Introductory Bible Lessons brochure?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200276167#h=1260

Would be interesting to look up and examine how the information in the Public Watchtower and Awake! magazines are being referenced in the WT Index and the WT Research Guide

On 2/12/2023 at 8:05 PM, *Jack* said:

I found it interesting that the older ones they’re reprinting haven’t got the date on the top as usual. They’ve also got the ELF on the back rather than whatever was there before (can’t remember if it was good news brochure or bible teach book🤔

761082B0-62E4-4CD7-BE6B-652D8ACB6B10.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheKid23 said:

I found it interesting that the older ones they’re reprinting haven’t got the date on the top as usual. They’ve also got the ELF on the back rather than whatever was there before (can’t remember if it was good news brochure or bible teach book🤔

761082B0-62E4-4CD7-BE6B-652D8ACB6B10.jpeg

It is only selected issuses, as far as I can tell.  I went to JW.ORG and looked in the library.  I went to magazines and choose 2018 as the search year.  It shows 3 issues for download but only 2 of them have had the dates removed and the Enjoy Life brochure on the back.  Edition #1 still has the date and the Bible Teach book on the back.

1-18.JPG

2-18.JPG

3-18.JPG

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

This info is soooo on point! I think in our territory it will be easy to place.

Also, maybe I missed it before but this seems to be something new! The website automatically offers the option of reading the article in Spanish. I wonder if it does that to everyone, or if it's because I've frequently accessed content on the site in Spanish.

It's actually really emotional for me reading this material, because there's still so many misunderstandings about mental illness, even within the organization. Reading this feels like a huge relief and a huge blessing.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 9.42.32 PM.png

On 2/3/2023 at 10:53 AM, jwhess said:

There is only one new public Watchtower and one new public Awake per year.  they are spaced with Watchtower in the first half and the Awake in the second half of the year.

Ive been reading thick 2x WT and 2x Awake in a month  back in 90's to once a year now. Wow thats a huuuuuge change.  

And now a new KEEP ON THE WATCH! web article, with links to various other articles on the JW.org website - see article

Disturbing Decline in Teen Mental Health—What Does the Bible Say?

On Monday, February 13, 2023, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the United States released a report on the mental health of U.S. teens. It noted that over 40 percent of high school students experienced persistent sadness and hopelessness.

The Bible offers teens practical help

The Bible realistically describes the stressful times we are living in today. It calls them “critical times hard to deal with.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5) However, the Bible offers timeless advice that is helping millions of teens worldwide to successfully cope despite the challenges they face. Consider the following Bible-based articles.

• Help for teens dealing with suicidal feelings
  • Help for teens dealing with depression, sadness, or negative emotions
  • Help for teens dealing with bullying or cyberbullying
  • Help for teens dealing with sexual harassment and assault

The Bible offers practical advice for parents

The Bible also offers practical advice to assist parents so that they can help their teens cope with life’s challenges. Consider the following Bible-based articles.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/teens-mental-health-bible-help/

Edited by Parale

:eek: ...

The cover series of this new magazine (https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no1-2023/) felt like a warm hug from Jehovah, an assurance that he understands even if no other humans do.

I cried just listening to the account of Julian (the name that people constantly mistakenly call me 🤦🏼‍♂️)

One moment I am fine, and the next I feel extremely anxious for no apparent reason. I especially become anxious when I am around other people.

At times, my anxiety and OCD make it a challenge to pray. It takes a lot of mental effort for me to concentrate and talk to Jehovah in prayer. My thoughts move very fast—too fast for me to keep up with most of the time. When I get stuck in my own head, it is hard to put my thoughts and feelings into words.

Sometimes when I cannot put my feelings into words, I simply pray: ‘Jehovah, please help me.’ Even then, I sense that Jehovah understands me and responds to what I need at the moment. 

:cry:❤️🩹

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

• 2 weeks later...

We got both versions last week. This Watchtower and the articles on our website including the latest on cutting: https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/ask/why-do-i-cut-myself/ are so on point, and timely - mental health is unfortunately on a decline worldwide! And the sad truth is that most of us are affected 😫😫.CB1826E7-F6D3-4BC6-AF47-D64D410355B7.thumb.jpeg.c79ef6e552daff341d9c6760bd16dccf.jpeg

1 hour ago, Skye said:

We got both versions last week. This Watchtower and the articles on our website including the latest on cutting: https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/ask/why-do-i-cut-myself/ are so on point, and timely - mental health is unfortunately on a decline worldwide! And the sad truth is that most of us are affected 😫😫.CB1826E7-F6D3-4BC6-AF47-D64D410355B7.thumb.jpeg.c79ef6e552daff341d9c6760bd16dccf.jpeg

Oh wow!! Is the cutting article brand new?