JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

On 6/1/2018 at 3:52 PM, Tortuga said:

So...how many members have earthquake insurance? :whistling:

Puts hand up.  (It's always a component of insurance we get here).

No guarantee we'd get a pay out though. (Many from the Christchurch eqs are still waiting)

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Puts hand up.  (It's always a component of insurance we get here).

No guarantee we'd get a pay out though. (Many from the Christchurch eqs are still waiting)

Earthquake insurance in California is optional and typically has a huge deductible..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

How frightening...

Hawaii's Kilauea volcano claimed its latest victim, the picturesque Kapoho Bay as it filled the bay with molten lava flows. Overnight, hundreds of homes were destroyed as rivers of lava poured into oceanfront communities.

Screenshot_2018-06-07-01-12-23-1.png

Screenshot_2018-06-07-01-22-23-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

add info.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

27 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I just read where over 600 homes have been destroyed by the volcano.

just can’t find the article again. ☹️

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayor-of-hawaiis-big-island-says-lava-has-destroyed-600-homes/ar-AAymXrY

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Check out the massive spread of volcano eruptions and earthquakes......around the world.

Mt. 24:7 .. Lu 21:11 .. Mr. 13:21 ..
In a nutshell my assumption:
there has never been a time in Human history that Humans have been so responsible for so much of Earth's Volcanic eruptions and Earthquakes...
Hence Earthquakes in one place after another.. Due to:
Fracking .. oil drilling .. nuclear testing .. pumping operations ..

food shortages? MAN's doing!

Wars and REPORTS of wars? News from TV .. Radio and Internet help us to see what is going on wide day to day. Never before has this been possible...

847b29589c5f11f56ced943ad451b718.jpg

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

It's not big, by any world standards, but a 4.7 off Esperance on Western Australia's southern coast is unusual, I think.  There was another 3 point something a few days ago in WA too.  Australia is in the middle of a plate, and rarely sees seismic activity (though it does happen).  Still, this is something different.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us1000ew2s#executive

I can’t believe this, I actual felt it!

http://news.sky.com/story/surrey-earthquake-a-few-seconds-of-rumbling-in-dorking-11418995

We are just south of Gatwick Airport, below London. I said to Emma about 1:30 “I’m sure that was an earthquake, my bed just rocked backwards and forwards!”

Well I never.

edit: Our son says he couldn’t work out why his stuff fell off a shelf downstairs earlier. I looked around at the time but nothing else moved in this room.

Sorry, but this is all new to me!

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Another one, much stronger. Gradually faded over half a minute or more.

11:54 BST 

about 3.5, I’ve no idea. Whole house shook, that was pretty scary.

We also had  another last week.

edit: thes are within a couple of miles of an oilfield.

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

15 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Another one, much stronger.

11:54 BST 

about 3.5, I’ve no idea. Whole house shook, that was pretty scary.

We also had  another last week.

edit: thes are within a couple of miles of an oilfield.

Some of my family are in Rusper, about 15 minutes from Gatwick.  I will phone my step-father and ask him if he felt it.  The amount of fracking that is going on in the area, it shouldn't be a surprise really, but I am shocked. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

It’s now showing 2 measurements. The nearest one being 3.0. That makes more sense.

36D08478-D413-4019-8694-27E91C015471.jpeg.9d5f7b5ace4f4ab4ad30f29927c73f41.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

M 6.4 - 1km SW of Lelongken, Indonesia

2018-07-28 22:47:37 UTC

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us2000ggbs#executive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

M 6.0 - 145km N of Palue, Indonesia

2018-07-28 17:07:23 UTC7.155°S   122.752°E578.5 km depth

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us2000gg76#executive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/world/earthquake-hits-indonesias-lombok-island-ng-b88910876z?utm_source=emarsys&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=PerthNow+PM+update+29%2F7%2F2018

AT LEAST 10 people have died and dozens of others injured after a powerful 6.4 magnitude quake hit Indonesia’s holiday island of Lombok.

The victims are from the northern and eastern side of the island which is popular with foreign tourists.

The US Geological Survey said the quake struck at 6.47am on Sunday and was followed less than an hour later by an aftershock of magnitude 5.4 in the same area.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/environment/earthquake-felt-in-bali-which-hit-indonesias-sumbawa-region-ng-27661e896472b5cf334795b5a127226a?utm_source=emarsys&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=PerthNow+Mon+AM+update+6%2F8%2F2018

2nd major Earthquake in a week to hit Lombok.

A POWERFUL earthquake has rocked the popular Indonesian holiday island of Lombok, killing at least 82 people, injuring dozens more and damaging buildings.

It’s believed no Australians have been injured in the quake.

The magnitude-7 tremor struck just 10km underground about 6.46pm Jakarta time (9.46pm AEST), according to the US Geological Survey.

It was followed by two light to moderate secondary quakes and nearly two dozen aftershocks.

National disaster agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said hundreds were left injured.

The quake caused light damage as far away as the Javanese city of Bandung, some 955km from Mataram, but was felt strongly on the neighbouring resort island of Bali. One local tweeted pictures of destruction at a shopping centre in Kuta.

Snap Lisa @Allabord4Jah You just pipped me at the post. :) 

Edited by GeordieGirl

2 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/environment/earthquake-felt-in-bali-which-hit-indonesias-sumbawa-region-ng-27661e896472b5cf334795b5a127226a?utm_source=emarsys&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=PerthNow+Mon+AM+update+6%2F8%2F2018

2nd major Earthquake in a week to hit Lombok.

A POWERFUL earthquake has rocked the popular Indonesian holiday island of Lombok, killing at least 82 people, injuring dozens more and damaging buildings.

It’s believed no Australians have been injured in the quake.

The magnitude-7 tremor struck just 10km underground about 6.46pm Jakarta time (9.46pm AEST), according to the US Geological Survey.

It was followed by two light to moderate secondary quakes and nearly two dozen aftershocks.

National disaster agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said hundreds were left injured.

The quake caused light damage as far away as the Javanese city of Bandung, some 955km from Mataram, but was felt strongly on the neighbouring resort island of Bali. One local tweeted pictures of destruction at a shopping centre in Kuta.

Snap Lisa @Allabord4Jah You just pipped me at the post. :) 

LOL, it was those big red letters that caught my attention in the news.  Thanks for a new word PIP!  

Third earthquake in Lombok in 11 days.

https://www.watoday.com.au/world/asia/fresh-quake-hits-lombok-fells-buildings-20180809-p4zwju.html

Tanjung: The Indonesian island of Lombok was shaken by a third big earthquake in little more than a week on Thursday as the official death toll from the most powerful of the quakes topped 300.

The strong aftershock, measured at magnitude 5.9 by the U.S. Geological Survey, caused panic, damage to buildings, landslides and injuries.

Nguroho said in statement that the death toll will continue to rise because rescue workers are still finding victims in the ruins of collapsed buildings and some people who are already buried are not yet included in the official toll.

Grieving relatives were burying their dead and medics tended to people whose broken limbs hadn't yet been treated in the days since the quake. The Red Cross said it was focusing relief efforts on an estimated 20,000 people yet to get any assistance.

Nearly 68,000 homes were damaged or destroyed in Sunday's quake and 270,000 people are homeless or otherwise displaced, according to the disaster agency's latest update

Edited by GeordieGirl