JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

8 hours ago, Mac_Tky said:

M7 Earthquake reported 29 Dec of the coast of Philippines

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6537365/Tsunami-warning-issued-massive-7-2-magnitude-earthquake-rocks-Philippines.html

'I was watching Bird Box and suddenly I felt dizzy,' a person in Butan City, more than 300km from the epicentre of the quake, wrote. 'Next thing I know, people are shouting God's name.'  Haha!!!!😁

More and more people are learning where to turn for comfort!! 😍

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Although there may be slight sea-level changes in coastal regions/ this earthquake has caused no damage to Japan.
Information related to the hypocenter has been corrected.

https://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/20190108125922493-08213935.html

(thank goodness!)

Good Morning All and Or Evening for Some in here!  This happen yesterday in my neck of the woods.  I didn't feel it, but am sure those out in the ocean area did, not far off the coast of our summer resorts: 

Taken from my local news channel January 15, 2019. 

USGS: 4.7-magnitude earthquake reported off Ocean City coast

Did anyone's coffee cup shake while being brought to the lips or y'all slept through it... As usual?

Earthquake: 3.4 quake strikes near Berkeley

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-earthquakesa-earthquake-37-quake-strikes-near-claremont-calif-9cj9-story.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Anxiety in Alaska as endless aftershocks rattle residents

By RACHEL D'ORO
today
https://www.apnews.com/5e20e9acbf7b4c1da3e1b11de845def6

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Seven weeks after a massive earthquake rocked Alaska, aftershocks are still shattering 7-year-old Connor Cartwright’s sense of safety.
They shake the earth far less than the 7.0 magnitude quake that sent a mirror, TV and dishes crashing to the ground in the Anchorage home where Connor lives with his mother, father and 11-year-old brother.
But the seemingly never-ending aftershocks deepen quake anxiety for the second-grader and many other Alaska residents in the wide swath of the state shaken by the Nov. 30 quake.
When the big aftershocks hit, Connor fears his home will collapse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Another big quake hit the same region, only, this time, it was a 6.4.

The most alarming thing is that there have been 57 quakes over 5.0 + in just this past week.  

Screenshot_2019-01-22-10-25-51.thumb.jpg.dfe0224ec66a436267b194464af9e81b.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

A massive 6.7 just hit in the Prince Edward Island region (southeast of the southern tip of Africa)

It was also only about six miles deep.  Bet there's gonna be some wave action with this one. :unsure:

Screenshot_2019-01-22-14-40-18.thumb.jpg.20b585e5975667a96e3214c5613e3136.jpg

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I have always wondered why earthquakes were included in the prophesy of the last days. It seems that the brothers use to apply the prophesy about earthquakes to just earthquakes, however I have noticed the brothers appear to be equating earthquakes and natural disasters more than I remember. 

Are natural disasters a sign of the times?
Yes, Bible prophecies suggest that there would be disasters during “the conclusion of the system of things,” or “the last days.” (Matthew 24:3; 2 Timothy 3:1) For example, concerning our time, Jesus said: “There will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.” (Matthew 24:7) Soon, God will rid the earth of all causes of pain and suffering, including natural disasters.—Revelation 21:3, 4.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I have always wondered why earthquakes were included in the prophesy of the last days. It seems that the brothers use to apply the prophesy about earthquakes to just earthquakes, however I have noticed the brothers appear to be equating earthquakes and natural disasters more than I remember. 

Are natural disasters a sign of the times?
Yes, Bible prophecies suggest that there would be disasters during “the conclusion of the system of things,” or “the last days.” (Matthew 24:3; 2 Timothy 3:1) For example, concerning our time, Jesus said: “There will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.” (Matthew 24:7) Soon, God will rid the earth of all causes of pain and suffering, including natural disasters.—Revelation 21:3, 4.

I note that trend also. Is it true that moderators no longer need source their quotes?  :whistling:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Old said:

I note that trend also. Is it true that moderators no longer need source their quotes?  :whistling:

Tsk tsk, you dont recognize it?

:lol:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/natural-disasters-bible/

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had another wobble here. I guess 3.3, a bit stronger than before.

i thought the new boiler was playing up again!

edit:3.6

Further south this time.

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13