Which would be your initial NW life style? Nomad vs Settler

Which would be your NW life style? Nomad vs Settler   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be your initial NW life style? Nomad vs Settler

• Nomad. Tell us why.
    • Settler. Tell us why.
    • Others.

I like travelling. 

There were times I only travelled for a short period of time.

And there was a few times, a few periods of my life where I spent from 6 months to a year in  countries other than South Korea.

And I felt like, wow this IS life! (I didn't do any work back then, only spiritual works. If I did, it only lasted for like 2,3 hours a day)

But then, after I came back to Korea, I started collecting things.. and started filling my space a house with things I like (usually electronic stuff) and reguarly meeting people I like to associate with

and again I felt like, hm this isn't bad..

So I guess there are ups and downs to both sides.

After maybe hundreds of years, I guess most of us will have already been there, done that, so I put 'initial' in my question.

By initial, maybe a few hundred years. 

Edited by Hotteok

I enjoy travel and meeting new people - however, I have been married for 42 years and hope to remain married to my wife forever. She is not really a traveler, she prefers to be home and do things there, like farming and such. Therefore, it would be better to be a "settler" than a nomad, unless my wife decides she would like to travel, then being a nomad for a while would suit me just fine.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

It depends on some factors :

If we are asked to stay in the area, then at first, we will be settlers until my kids are adults, then nomad to discover earth

If we are free to go everywhere from the beginning, then nomads to travel to Japan, crossing the whole Eurasia from France. Italia, Greece, Israel, India, China, Korea, Japan. :D

Then settlers for a while :D

5 hours ago, Qapla said:

I enjoy travel and meeting new people - however, I have been married for 42 years and hope to remain married to my wife forever. She is not really a traveler, she prefers to be home and do things there, like farming and such. Therefore, it would be better to be a "settler" than a nomad, unless my wife decides she would like to travel, then being a nomad for a while would suit me just fine.

Maybe because Florida is such a nice place already ! 🙂

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Hopping on one planet to another will not be easy for me to be a settler.

Yes! But it's because I said 'initial'. When space travel begins,most of us will be nomads.haha

But then I guess to cultivate the planet, maybe the first few hundred years will be settling life.

2 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Exactly...

If Jehovah allows it I want to visit each and every one of those bright spots we can see in the night sky....

I agree.. though the average interstellar distance is 5 light years.. we need transportation.

39 minutes ago, Dages said:

It depends on some factors :

If we are asked to stay in the area, then at first, we will be settlers until my kids are adults, then nomad to discover earth

If we are free to go everywhere from the beginning, then nomads to travel to Japan, crossing the whole Eurasia from France. Italia, Greece, Israel, India, China, Korea, Japan. :D

Then settlers for a while :D

I keep forgetting you're related to 日本文化 by marriage haha

Japan likes France and vice versa, starting from beautiful Ukiyoe.

I once watched Picaso paintings in a museum.. while being shocked at the pure quality of the art, I also noticed that the French aesthetic is similar to that of Japan.

I think that staying in one place for a while might be necessary.  Some work to be done cleaning up.  Houses that were already in bad shape before the GT started may have to be torn down.  The city sewage system/ water treatment plant might be down with no workers to keep it going.  Same for power plants.  (If the wiring infrastructure is still in place, the existing solar panels might still be producing electricity.)  So, I might stay in one place for a while to help out with whatever work needs to be done.  When the sewage system is down and septic tanks get full, some alternatives might need to be found.

After resurrection is underway, I would like to travel back to where my parents and grandparents lived, died, and were buried.  I would like to be there to help teach them and bring them all up to date.

Extensive travel might have to wait a while.  I would like to travel and see the world, even though the world is constantly changing.  Erosion changes waterfalls to change.  Plate tectonics create new mountain ranges.  Volcanoes in the ocean would produce new land masses.  After a million years, there will always be new things to see.

I could see myself having a certain base that I always came back to, but I can also see myself traveling a lot.

Would I be a Nomad or a Settler?  I can see myself being a little of both.

I will follow directions received after Armageddon, I don't think I will be in "full" control what to do, as there will be many needs to be addressed first.

At least in the initial stage of post- Armageddon era. 

Later on, I plan to enjoy building my perfect house with perfect swimming pool surrendered by tens of palms, with man made waterfall. 

I like travel a lot but want to be a settler in the beginning.

The picture below is a very imperfect idea what I will build, frankly saying I have not seen a picture of current swimming pools build today that reflects what I have in mind. 

11-pool-fountain-wfire2.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

30 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I will follow directions received after Armageddon, I don't think I will be in "full" control what to do, as there will be many needs to be addressed first.

At least in the initial stage of post- Armageddon era. 

Later on, I plan to enjoy building my perfect house with perfect swimming pool surrendered by tens of palms, with man made waterfall. 

I like travel a lot but want to be a settler in the beginning.

The picture below is a very imperfect idea what I will build, frankly saying I have not seen a picture of current swimming pools build today that reflects what I have in mind. 

11-pool-fountain-wfire2.jpg

It looks like an onsen. 

Something tells me that we'll initially be nomads at first.  My experience with disaster relief shows me how blazing fast we can work.  And, there are varying numbers of us in areas.  There are close to half a million friends in the Los Angeles and San Diego metropolitan area.  However, there are far fewer numbers of brothers in the northwest areas.  So, I'm sure the brothers from LA will be coming to help us out.  And...there are far more brothers in the north american continent than Africa or Asia.  And I believe Africa and Asia have larger cities.  I don't think we'll be landscaping here when our brothers are still cleaning up rubble over there.  I hope that we'll all get to be wanderers under that scenario.  Then, once the work is finished, the question could be...has your travel itch been scratched, or is the itch now even worse... 😁

I don't have experience of travelling to other countries,sometimes  I desire this but sometimes I just feel that travelling is a lot of stress,maybe its just the stress of this system that is getting the better part of me,but I kind of like to just stay in one place and watch the world.

As others have mentioned, I also expect to be rather busy with whatever work Jehovah directs us to do, for however long that is, regardless of whether it involves travel, or staying in one place. I certainly do hope it involves travel, but it won't matter to me. I'd be perfectly happy with an endless LDC experience 😉.

Once the opportunity arises, I plan to wander the earth, meeting folks, seeing creation. I will also be in line the instant we get to start wandering the universe...