JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Nashville school shooting.

1 hour ago, Ishaya said:

I get this feeling that someone really have to be brave to live in the US,if I live in the US I might not want to even come out of my room,its  really disturbing.

I is not just being brave to live in the US. At times Christians need to avoid places that leads to these hidious crimes. We are talking abouit late night parties, events, and wordly family associatians, etc. Compare 1 Peter 4:3,4.

3 hours ago, Ishaya said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65096684

I was wondering what may be the motive of the shooter,and why is school shooting becoming so common in the US.

It's quite easy for any random person to acquire guns without background or mental health checks. There have been 130 mass shootings this year already and 9,998 dead from gun violence. 😔

The right to bear arms is more protected than one's right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.  It's the American way. 😔😖😭

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

I is not just being brave to live in the US. At times Christians need to avoid places that leads to these hidious crimes. We are talking abouit late night parties, events, and wordly family associatians, etc. Compare 1 Peter 4:3,4.

Or school... 😞

Different trends happen in different areas. I’ve felt that way when hearing the trend of rape in India in the past. Or knifings in London.  The US trend is mass shooting when sufficiently angry. 

Not that the shootings aren’t a huge issue and one to be aware of, but we have to remember that the media will always emphasize all the bad.  Most of us go about our daily lives with relative ease and without seeing a gun or violence in person.

I’m sure your country has its own trends of violence.  

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

In Korea it’s almost violence-free country. (except that we have North Korea wanting to kill us, so maybe Japan is better)

Yes there are serious crimes but the most frequent crime is fraud statistically.. 🙄

But it’s absolutely safe walking around at midnight because of the lights and the convenient stores,

people drinking and eating plus all the cctvs you can’t escape from.

But if the Korea peninsula is the size of China and if we are allowed to have guns, I wouldn’t dare go out either. 

7 hours ago, Ishaya said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65096684

Eu queria saber qual pode ser o motivo do atirador e por que os tiroteios em escolas estão se tornando tão comuns nos Estados Unidos.

my brother is not only in the USA

here it happened 2 days ago, a tragedy

Here it is every 3 months something like this, of death in school

this week it was a 13 year old kid, who became a killer and killed a 70 year old teacher and injured a bunch more

End of the system, let's pray

6 hours ago, Ishaya said:

I get this feeling that someone really have to be brave to live in the US,if I live in the US I might not want to even come out of my room,its  really disturbing.

Brings to mind.  “Luke 21:26 People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.”

Edited by Precision

Not anything in the forum rules - Just a simple request from me

If you are going to cite a scripture, it would be nice if you quoted it instead of assuming everyone knows what it says or expecting us all to have to go look it up

(Luke 21:26) 26 People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 hours ago, BLEmom said:

Different trends happen in different areas. I’ve felt that way when hearing the trend of rape in India in the past. Or knifings in London.  The US trend is mass shooting when sufficiently angry. 

Not that the shootings aren’t a huge issue and one to be aware of, but we have to remember that the media will always emphasize all the bad.  Most of us go about our daily lives with relative ease and without seeing a gun or violence in person.

I’m sure your country has its own trends of violence.  

You're correct Sister,here in Nigeria we have been suffering  immensely from herders-farmers crisis which has severely affected food production and significantly raised the cost of living.the herders insist they must graze openly,but this always destroys farmers crops and cause them serious economic loses.the president has refused to ban open grazing nationwide because the herders are his tribesmen hence the issue has lingered till now.

The herders have over the years attacked and decimated several farming communities with assorted machine guns which no one know where they get them from.but its not surprising how they get these weapons since the the countries border-control officers are mostly of the herders ethnicity. Its a Very sad situation we're in with very little that can be done.

3 hours ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

my brother is not only in the USA

here it happened 2 days ago, a tragedy

Here it is every 3 months something like this, of death in school

this week it was a 13 year old kid, who became a killer and killed a 70 year old teacher and injured a bunch more

End of the system, let's pray

I have felt afraid for my life when I was working as a classroom teacher,it carries some amount of risk.

Sometimes when you discipline children with intension of helping them to become responsible people,it can put you in serious trouble either with the parents or the children themselves.

Teachers here are only fortunate that kids don't easily get access to guns like in the US,but some children are members of occult groups and often threaten to harm their teachers.cultism is becoming very common among school children.

I should mention that @Precisiondid quote the scripture - since I use dark mode "pasted" text does not show up unless I highlight it. Text that is "posted as plain text" will show up

Sorry for the confusion

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~