JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

20 hours ago, Jmystro said:

Found another issue - I don’t see the publisher hours for those that have turned in time.

Permissions in scheduler are fine and it shows up blank in the app.

Are they updated to the latest version of NW Publisher?

I just had one yesterday that was showing me issues with the app....and the "Update available" message was popping up right in their face.  And they ask me "Do I have to do that?", like they wanted to just keep ignoring the message and bypassing it.

Uhhhhhh......yeah.  It's only a little bitty teeny-weeny SUPER, INCREDIBLY important.  That's why it pops up every single time you open it....  :facepalmpo2:  Always keep your stuff up to date folks.  Always.  Especially with NWS.  They're a small team and they don't have time to make their stuff backwards compatible all the way to Windows 95....  I've been with them long enough to say always install every update, even the minor builds.  Don't wait, just do it.  But take a backup before you do!

So yeah, I'd bet that's what's up.  I sent out an email using NWS to all users letting them know they need to update ASAP.  Otherwise, stuff doesn't work...

21 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Are they updated to the latest version of NW Publisher?

I just had one yesterday that was showing me issues with the app....and the "Update available" message was popping up right in their face.  And they ask me "Do I have to do that?", like they wanted to just keep ignoring the message and bypassing it.

Uhhhhhh......yeah.  It's only a little bitty teeny-weeny SUPER, INCREDIBLY important.  That's why it pops up every single time you open it....  :facepalmpo2:  Always keep your stuff up to date folks.  Always.  Especially with NWS.  They're a small team and they don't have time to make their stuff backwards compatible all the way to Windows 95....  I've been with them long enough to say always install every update, even the minor builds.  Don't wait, just do it.  But take a backup before you do!

So yeah, I'd bet that's what's up.  I sent out an email using NWS to all users letting them know they need to update ASAP.  Otherwise, stuff doesn't work...

Thank you, I found out the issue.

The update erased some of my settings so had to go back into settings and allow who can see certain information.

Notifications are a bit off for us. We have a few "congregation events" with a set time of 8:00 AM on every Saturday morning this month. The first notification received was the 24 hour alert for the first Saturday morning.. all publishers received this notification at midnight (Thursday night / Friday morning).

Then came next Saturday's notification (7 day notification)... all our publishers were alerted of this one at 2:00 AM Saturday morning.

Yesterday (Sunday), I was alerted of a congregation assignment for next Sunday at 2:30 PM. Our Sunday meeting however begins at 12:30 PM.

Anyone else seeing this bug in their notification times? 

When I send out the student reminders through email it does not include the other student in the body of the email. The person receiving the email doesn't know who they are doing the part with unless they go look at the schedule. Shouldn't it include the other person and their contact info so they can work on the part together? KHS does this.

51 minutes ago, Floyd said:

It seems the app features settings have to be reset even when you do a build update. Lately build updates have been coming out almost every day it seems. Its a little frustrating to have to reset this every time. 

image.png.55f651ba76f860fc64895bb0edd6a5e8.png

Sounds like a bug report is needed. I see no reason for that to be the desired behavior. 

22 hours ago, Floyd said:

When I send out the student reminders through email it does not include the other student in the body of the email. The person receiving the email doesn't know who they are doing the part with unless they go look at the schedule. Shouldn't it include the other person and their contact info so they can work on the part together? KHS does this.

Sounds like a feature request. I had the same thought when looking at the emails. But we emphasized using the app. The email reminders are just a bonus. 

Found the first bug for me when entering the Field Service report. I use Ministry Assistant on Android. It used to work flawless when using the share feature in Ministry Assistant and then selecting NW Publisher. It populated the different fields and all I had to do now was submit. Voila done with the report.

Now, Huston we have a problem. When using the same method it populates the first two fields Placements and Videos shown, but on the Hours field it produces a Format Error and aborts. Have to manually now add the Hours, RVs and Studies and then submit the report.

Any chance for someone to look at why in a transfer of the monthly report from Ministry Assistant to NW Publisher it produces an error.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

6 hours ago, More4me2do said:

Found the first bug for me when entering the Field Service report. I use Ministry Assistant on Android. It used to work flawless when using the share feature in Ministry Assistant and then selecting NW Publisher. It populated the different fields and all I had to do now was submit. Voila done with the report.

Now, Huston we have a problem. When using the same method it populates the first two fields Placements and Videos shown, but on the Hours field it produces a Format Error and aborts. Have to manually now add the Hours, RVs and Studies and then submit the report.

Any chance for someone to look at why in a transfer of the monthly report from Ministry Assistant to NW Publisher it produces an error.

Same problem here. I'm wondering if this isn't something Ministry Assistant won't have to update...? 

Hello guys,

We created a card for a new unbaptized publisher, and the member PIN is 8-digits, when all the others are 6-digits. The problem is that the mobile app only accepts 6, so the publisher is unable to set the app to run.

We tried resetting the person and/or the PIN, but all new PINs are 8-digit, and the field in the mobile app is limited to 6.

Any idea to sort this out?

16 minutes ago, Ysaias said:

Hello guys,

We created a card for a new unbaptized publisher, and the member PIN is 8-digits, when all the others are 6-digits. The problem is that the mobile app only accepts 6, so the publisher is unable to set the app to run.

We tried resetting the person and/or the PIN, but all new PINs are 8-digit, and the field in the mobile app is limited to 6.

Any idea to sort this out?

Are they using the absolute latest version of the app?  There have been a few patches released.  I noticed the patches don't prompt to update.  You have to check the store...

7 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Are they using the absolute latest version of the app?  There have been a few patches released.  I noticed the patches don't prompt to update.  You have to check the store...

Version 3.0.5.

Thanks for your suggestion. I've just installed the #1289 build. Let's see how it goes now.

Hello everyone.

Ever since the recent major update my NW Publisher app keeps on crashing. I'm using an iPhone X. I have also tried using the latest update on an iPhone 11 as well. There are also other publishers that have the crashing issue. There has been at least 4 updates to the app since version 3.0.1 and the app is still crashing. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, removing the device from NW Scheduler, refreshing app persons option and still the app crashes upon launch.

Is it that all brothers registered in the Congregation Sharing section need to update the program or should only the admins update NW Scheduler but the other users don't have to update? (I'm thinking this has nothing to do with the app crashing but just curious.)

There's most likely a small subset of users that still can't get into the app for the past two to three weeks since the major update. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Ramo said:

Hello everyone.

Ever since the recent major update my NW Publisher app keeps on crashing. I'm using an iPhone X. I have also tried using the latest update on an iPhone 11 as well. There are also other publishers that have the crashing issue. There has been at least 4 updates to the app since version 3.0.1 and the app is still crashing. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, removing the device from NW Scheduler, refreshing app persons option and still the app crashes upon launch.

Is it that all brothers registered in the Congregation Sharing section need to update the program or should only the admins update NW Scheduler but the other users don't have to update? (I'm thinking this has nothing to do with the app crashing but just curious.)

There's most likely a small subset of users that still can't get into the app for the past two to three weeks since the major update. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thanks.

With these major updates & bugs, it's best that ALL cong sharing brothers stay up to date, even with the latest builds. 

I've had a few with app issues even with the latest version. I have had them disconnect and reconnect. Then everything is fine! Thankfully, for once, it is good we are a small congregation.

Their addition of encryption for the phone app is nice...but seems to have caused a lot of problems. Hang tight my friends, we will get through this. Good timely convention on patience! 🤔😅 

13 hours ago, Ramo said:

Hello everyone.

I noticed the same on a sisters iPhone last night at our meeting.  After launching the app on her phone, it stays open for a second or two then just crashes.  I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it, it allowed me to change languages, enter ID and member name and PIN but then after it opens it just crashes.  I guess we wait for another update.  It would be nice a member or two of the NW Support team, whoever they are,  could subscribe to this thread if they don't already.

On 7/6/2023 at 8:58 PM, Ramo said:

Hello everyone.

Just a quick follow up on the crashing issue I mentioned above. I think it has something to do with the iOS version. The devices (iPhone X and iPhone 11) I was trying to install the app on still have iOS 14 installed. Even though normally if the developer wants to restrict older iOS version the App Store would have that disclaimer, the fact that it's still allowing the download to proceed that would mean the NW app developers still intend to support iOS 14.

Today I tried installing the app on an iPad 7 and iPhone X with iOS 16.4 and they work fine. With 5 updates of the NW app released since the major update a couple weeks ago they are obviously trying to fix the bugs but the iOS compatibility has not been fixed apparently.