JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

2 hours ago, audio4tv said:

I have not been able "Verify" my computer since updating. Email should be valid. Not sure why I can't get passed this point. Have tried the Resend code and it doesn't seem to go through. Anyone else have this issue? Same email (Gmail), so not sure what is up. 

I didn't have any problem. The verification code came from NW Scheduler <verification@nwscheduler.com.> if you want to do a search.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

Now all of the territories show up as Congregation territories instead of personal or group.

Update: They were all converted to Congregation. When I change one back to Group it disappears completely from the app. And, before anyone asks, I have also updated the app. Nothing shows for Group.

Changing it back to Personal seems to work.

Groups still do not show up. Has anybody else seen this behavior? 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I didn't have any problem. The verification code came from NW Scheduler <verification@nwscheduler.com.> if you want to do a search.     

Did all of that. Have never had an issue and have a Gmail account.  I ended up putting in a trouble ticket. 

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Poster typed his reply into the quote.

We had issue that the 2nd and 3rd optional weekend meeting assignments did not transfer over after the update.  I tried restoring only these assignments from before the update, but they did not restore for some reason.  No problem, we just manually assigned them again.  The 2nd one we use for Concluding Prayer, the 3rd for Watchtower Conductor. 

13 hours ago, audio4tv said:

I have not been able "Verify" my computer since updating.

It took about 40 seconds for my verification code to arrive to my Gmail inbox. As I waited, I noticed they have a countdown on the verification page - looks like it might time out after 60-90 seconds. Two things to try:

1. keep refreshing your email account about every 10 seconds
  2. look in your spam and junk folders just in case your code is going there.

Hello dear brothers,

After we have now merged from three congregations into one, we have decided to introduce NW Publisher and Scheduler. We will go live in June. First of all, the program is super good. Congratulations to everyone involved. However, I am currently having trouble with two points.

Point 1 concerns the notes of the CLM. They are not visible in the app, but they should be, or do I have incorrect information about this?

Point 2 concerns the delegation. Again, nothing is visible in the app, the Delegates tab remains empty. Maybe someone has an idea of what I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance for your support.

15 hours ago, Floyd said:

Now all of the territories show up as Congregation territories instead of personal or group.

Update: They were all converted to Congregation. When I change one back to Group it disappears completely from the app. And, before anyone asks, I have also updated the app. Nothing shows for Group.

Changing it back to Personal seems to work.

Yea we had this yesterday too, all maps changed to cong maps. The SO was able to sort it and it’s back to normal now 

48 minutes ago, foghorn said:

It took about 40 seconds for my verification code to arrive to my Gmail inbox. As I waited, I noticed they have a countdown on the verification page - looks like it might time out after 60-90 seconds. Two things to try:

1. keep refreshing your email account about every 10 seconds
  2. look in your spam and junk folders just in case your code is going there.

So the problem  actually happened about a year ago, as my email got unsubbed from their email server some how.  So, no notification would come no matter what I did or how many times I tried to resend.  I should have it solved today. They let me know what the issue was after I put in a ticket.

7 hours ago, Tonis said:

Point 2 concerns the delegation. Again, nothing is visible in the app, the Delegates tab remains empty. Maybe someone has an idea of what I am doing wrong.

The app doesn't offer any options for selecting or viewing delegates unless someone is made a delegate in New World Scheduler. After you make someone a delegate in NWS, it will show on their NWP app. I hope that helps.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 hours ago, Aja said:

Anyone else seeing this when they try to Geolocate an address?

Not here - no problems. We are using OpenStreetMap also. Do you get that for EVERY address you try?

It appears that the update has removed the Emergency Contact information from everyone's NWP app and they are not able to update their emergency contact information from the app. There is a new option in NWS>NWP App>App Features that will show the Emergency Contact information on the NWP app again.

28 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It appears that the update has removed the Emergency Contact information from everyone's NWP app and they are not able to update their emergency contact information from the app. There is a new option in NWS>NWP App>App Features that will show the Emergency Contact information on the NWP app again.

Thanks, Richard. I hadn't noticed that. That detail may save lives.

I noticed that some of the new features in NWS are in View mode instead of Edit mode, it appears that an Admin needs to reload the Suggested Roles for each user.