JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Official Position of U.S. Government Towards Jehovah's Witnesses

Did you brothers and sisters know that there is one? I learned about it just this morning. Interesting to read given what we know about Bible prophecy. Anyone can look it up by a Google search. It's found at the official U.S. governments website in it's U.S. Department of State section. 

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

Please post a link as I could not find what you are referring to through a simple google search.

https://www.state.gov/international-religious-freedom-or-belief-alliance-statement-on-jehovahs-witnesses/#:~:text=We uphold the right of,harassment%2C discrimination%2C or persecution.

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

7 hours ago, just1-4all said:

Did you brothers and sisters know that there is one? I learned about it just this morning. Interesting to read given what we know about Bible prophecy. Anyone can look it up by a Google search. It's found at the official U.S. governments website in it's U.S. Department of State section. 

Thanks, it was discussed here back in December 2021 when it was orignally released :)

https://jwtalk.net/topic/50756-us-department-of-states-statement-on-jehovahs-witnesses/

We uphold the right of Jehovah’s Witnesses to practice their religion and their beliefs and their ability to adhere to being apolitical and pacifist without fear, harassment, discrimination, or persecution.

So "official position" - is intended to say - they are a religion and should have rights afforded them as a religion under the US Constitution and various international agreements?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

So "official position" - is intended to say - they are a religion and should have rights afforded them as a religion under the US Constitution and various international agreements?

Exactly how I understand it Jerry.

It's so amazing to think this will all turn around in a relatively short time and soon. We don't know the details but we know the rough outline. It's so like the seemingly impregnable city of Babylon with it's high and fortified walls and moat. We don't put any limits on Jehovah when he says he will do something. We know he's certainly eager to put an end to false religion and all the trouble it's been causing for so long.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 5:42 PM, trottigy said:

Clearly wasn't the case in the 1940's