JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

U.S. Department of State's statement on Jehovah's Witnesses

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 846 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 Countries call for the end to abuse and other infractions against Jehovah's Witnesses

https://www.state.gov/international-religious-freedom-or-belief-alliance-statement-on-jehovahs-witnesses/

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

This part was interesting:

Cosignatories:  Australia, Brazil, Denmark, Latvia, Poland, Slovakia, the Netherlands, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

19 hours ago, Godskingdomrules said:

W

Why do say it’s ironic that Australia signed? Just interested that’s all.

If I've seen false apostate misinformation on a news or tv channel its from Australia. That plus court things they've done aren't in line with the statement they signed in my opinion.

On 12/20/2021 at 2:58 PM, lord-360 said:

If I've seen false apostate misinformation on a news or tv channel its from Australia. That plus court things they've done aren't in line with the statement they signed in my opinion.

I’m a bit confused here. You talking about the Royal Commission?

Jws were only a small part of that process, and the Catholic church by far copped the brunt.  The Royal commission did stir some feathers, but things are normal here, just like any democratic country with freedom of religion.

Not sure how you’ve come to your conclusions.  Australia's government is also not sending diplomats to Beijing for the Olympics next year, following US and UK, due to China’s human rights record.  Australia is aligned with KOS in all ways, so is part of whatever pushing against KON countries.

On 12/21/2021 at 3:40 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

I’m a bit confused here. You talking about the Royal Commission?

Jws were only a small part of that process, and the Catholic church by far copped the brunt.  The Royal commission did stir some feathers, but things are normal here, just like any democratic country with freedom of religion.

Not sure how you’ve come to your conclusions.  Australia's government is also not sending diplomats to Beijing for the Olympics next year, following US and UK, due to China’s human rights record.  Australia is aligned with KOS in all ways, so is part of whatever pushing against KON countries.

Yeah I should clarify I don't think Australia is a bad place especially compared with KON. More of just pushing false information about us and that going against what they signed.

On 12/21/2021 at 3:40 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

Felt I need to clarify my thoughts some more. When I said this, I also didn't mean persecution like KON. The royal commission set a standard that sparked court cases across Europe and gave ammunition to opposers to attack us over. Their own documents didn't even agree with their end decision, but that decision has caused witnesses trouble. Even if we weren't the main target I still think that applies, because even with the KON other religions are under attack. I know Scientology was attacks and others too. I think my point there is the effect more than who's the target. 

Sorry I didn't mean Australia was a bad place at all. I picked to broad of a brush with my opinion. I do think there are some opposers in higher positions towards us, but certainly not the people as a whole.

On 12/20/2021 at 12:58 AM, lord-360 said:

I saw some of the ARC court proceedings. By false apostate information, do you mean the victims testimony? 

4 hours ago, Bruce1996 said:

I saw some of the ARC court proceedings. By false apostate information, do you mean the victims testimony? 

None of us would ever presume the victims lied under oath, but there was clearly some apostate influence given to the attorneys.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....