JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jw Broadcasting - August 2023

14 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

So is this a new thing? The English August JW Broadcast shows a foreign language for Study 8 on the Brochure (illustrations I'm guessing. I could not read it.). Is this to show the world wide nature of the work? Or is this a 'slip-up'.

Screenshot_20230808_143908_JW Library.jpg

20230808_144401.jpg

It doesn't appear to me as a foreign language. 😁🤣

On 8/8/2023 at 4:56 AM, WilliamChew said:

I just realized that the transcript I posted wasn't fully proof read. So sorry. 😅 

Here is the corrected version

JWB August 2023.pdf

20 hours ago, Sheep said:

Take a look at Carlos' post and that may help you understand. No, it is not public, and the rules of JWTalk indicate we cannot post non-public links on the forums. See the JWTalk Community Membership Policy, especially sections E(3) and F(3) .

JW.org has two sections: a private one that only registered users can see and requires a username and password, and a public one that everyone can see.

Those folders containing broadcasting videos and images are on the public side, they don't require a login or anything. Anyone who knows the link can access them. For example, if the previous broadcasting was in the folder jw.org/broadcasting/202307 (not real, made-up route just for the example), it's easy to deduce that the next one will be in jw.org/broadcasting/202308.

Yet we prefer not to allow such links here since they aren't the official way of accessing the JW.org website. :)

• WilliamChew changed the title to Jw Broadcasting - August 2023

I'm listening to the song again, I really like it. I can't wait for the text made availabe online, it will be easier to compare.

But let's look at the English.

No matter how small,
don't wonder at all,
Does he notice
my sacrifice?
It's not hard to believe
If we see how he sees
If we see through Jehovah's eyes
Two small coins.

In French :
Ne te demande pas (Don't ask yourself)
Est-ce que ça suffira ? (Will it be enough?)
Est-ce que Dieu, dans le ciel, me voit ? (Does God in heaven see me?)
Les yeux de Jéhovah (Jehovah's eyes)
sont pleins d'amour pour toi. (are full of love for you.)

C'est bien plus que tu ne le crois, (It's way more than you think,)
Deux piécettes (Two small coins)

I really love it :heart: especially the part in bold (my emphasis)
image.png.17c28235c0827b8c1f6771deaeb2fef8.png

• 2 weeks later...

With both a CO visit, and the conventions, in August, I'm late to this, anyway......

On 8/7/2023 at 1:00 PM, Sofia said:

The video demonstration about the refugee woman in UK made me so emotional...

Definitely not the UK - lots of different giveaways in the video - it's most likely actually France.

TBH though I found the storyboard for the dramatisation somewhat confusing trying to fit things in together 🤷‍♂️

The initial set-up shows a nicely-dressed lady who is evidently travelling during the morning rush-hour/commute into the city.

She is prepared to spend both a long time queuing, and €8,50 (US$ 9.20) at a coffee shop she claims to frequent regularly - "I’m here all the time."

She is asked for a ID card at the immigration interview - which had been stolen earlier in the day, so she obviously can't show it - but we don't see what then happens?

She is then shown trying to find a job as a waitress later the same day at another coffee shop, yet we've been setup to believe she spends €8,50 on coffee and bagel "all the time."  🤷‍♂️