JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone purchased from Temu?

We live in a senior community, and we were talking to a couple of residents, and they have purchased from Temu and were happy with the purchase. Has anyone here had similar experiences of purchasing from Temu? I went on the website and found they sell JW Tie tacs. I am sure this is a copyright issue. But maybe not. How do you feel about this? Would you buy one?

Screenshot 2023-10-08 191710 JW Pin(1) JW Cropped.jpg

Edited by DancesWithWife

Added photo.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

I was happy with my purchases from TEMU.

I bought some gifts for relatives and some surgical steel earrings for myself.

The prices were reasonable and the shipping was free.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Here’s the deal. So much of what we buy originates from China. What this site does, is give you the opportunity to buy that stuff, without huge markups.

For me, it’s the fun stuff. It, initially made me nervous. An outfit fromChina having my credit card on file. No problems, so far. 
Don’t expect quality. Expect fun. 
The tie clasp. Personally I’d not buy it. I think they may be, “footloose, and fancy-free, with copyright laws. Others will want it. What you do is your business, but, to me, it would be encouraging something sketchy, involving Jehovah’s organization. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I get quite a few ads about temu on the games I play. I never checked it out cause I knew it was from China. 😬 But seeing the comments here I thought…might as well check it out. I saw that they also use PayPal, which I’d rather use on other sites too instead of my debit card.

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

My Mama ordered a package from Temu and UPS delivered it to the wrong house, next door. Our neighbors are pretty sketch and known for stealing off porches so we didn't expect to have it back, and requested a refund. We contacted Temu telling them what happened and they apparently sent the neighbor a letter saying return the package or authorities would get involved. A day later our (opened) package from temu was quietly put on our front porch. We told temu we got our package back and they said to keep it and keep the refund for the trouble. I am still impressed. They do not play when it comes to customer service. :D

Temu's great!  But don't install the app.  Huge security issue!!  When you see them beggin you to install the app, offering something 90-100% off price....you gotta ask WHY are they so pushy about it?  The app tries to get at some of the data on your phone...

Just use their website and you're good.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:08 PM, DancesWithWife said:

We live in a senior community, and we were talking to a couple of residents, and they have purchased from Temu and were happy with the purchase. Has anyone here had similar experiences of purchasing from Temu? I went on the website and found they sell JW Tie tacs. I am sure this is a copyright issue. But maybe not. How do you feel about this? Would you buy one?

Screenshot 2023-10-08 191710 JW Pin(1) JW Cropped.jpg

I love Temu and have loved everything I ordered. Very pleased with Temu.

After reading your  positive experiences with Temu, I ordered a few white paint pallets for my grandchildren to mix red, yellow, and blue into other colors. They have 18 wells in a rectangular shape. I scoured Amazon, Etsy, and others places for them and didn’t find any like that. Yay, thanks!

Best of all you can use PayPal 

Edited by Cherie

3 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

There are concerns about the ethics used to produce the items, since many come from China. 

Half the stuff we buy in stores comes from China! :tongue:  Temu just lets us skip the middle man and save some moolah....