JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - November 2023

On 11/9/2023 at 10:00 AM, trottigy said:

Wow, (I am sad to say) that is a pretty dramatic change for him over just 5 years.

I can't wait for the New World when aging is a thing of the past!!! I say this as I look at my proficle picture from high school and the mirror - 40 years later!!!!

You don't look like that now? I am shocked!

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

22 hours ago, Hope said:

😮 I saw and downloaded the new releases before viewing the video because they were in the JW Library... and that's what I do with anything new I see in there ASAP.  It didn't even occur to me that they were part of the AM Broadcast, which was not available to me at the time and that I didn't watch until Wednesday night, anyway.  I'm with  @Brandon - I think sometimes there's a bit much made over "surprises" when we're talking about information that everyone has access to.

I'm also not a fan of surprises and do not believe that any news from Jehovah or the Slave *can* be "spoiled".. so there's that.  I wish we could all simply relax and allow others to enjoy themselves the way each sees fit.  Not the way we want others to... :( 

My understanding is that only certain ones are invited to the AM. I guess it’s the GB way of giving the appointed brothers and sisters some special treatment, to hear any new info first  Like Veterans may get special treatment. :shrugs:

I don’t have any problem with that. I’m just impatient. :popcorn:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, Pjdriver said:

My understanding is that only certain ones are invited to the AM. I guess it’s the GB way of giving the appointed brothers and sisters some special treatment, to hear any new info first  Like Veterans may get special treatment. :shrugs:

I don’t have any problem with that. I’m just impatient. :popcorn:

I am sure the anointed appreciate the opportunity.  However, the stated attendance was more than 111,000 for the AM.  If every partaker in the world joined in, we are still 90+ thousand of us Other Sheep that felt privileged to attend as well...❤️

3 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I am sure the anointed appreciate the opportunity.  However, the stated attendance was more than 111,000 for the AM.  If every partaker in the world joined in, we are still 90+ thousand of us Other Sheep that felt privileged to attend as well...❤️

May I understand from your first sentence that you mean that all anointed ones get invited to the annual meeting? I didn't know that.

Edited by truce

1 minute ago, truce said:

May I understand from your first sentence that you mean that all anointed ones get invited to the annual meeting? I didn't know that.

No, that is not what I meant.  I was responding to Br. Burt's comment that it was a special gift to the anointed.  Mostly the prime invitees are, the voting members of the corporation, their families, members of English speaking Bethel families and some additional friends (online).

6 hours ago, booboo said:

The hubby and I loved when our meetings were Sun at 5:00 pm and Monday evening. We had 4 congregations at our KH then. Sigh those were the days😝

Ours is close to that..Sunday and Tuesday

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

No, that is not what I meant.  I was responding to Br. Burt's comment that it was a special gift to the anointed.  Mostly the prime invitees are, the voting members of the corporation, their families, members of English speaking Bethel families and some additional friends (online).

Burt said “appointed” John, not “anointed”.      It’s a lovely privilege to be present, what a wonderful gift for ones who often have a lifetime of full time service behind them.  

2 hours ago, Hope said:

Say... does anyone have those four talks broken up into separate, bite-sized chunks? I'd love to listen to them in my car

They are broken up into 4 segments under Annual Meetings in the video library, starting with this.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtAnnMtg/pub-jwb-108_4_VIDEO

You can scroll through the various segments below the main window.

9 hours ago, jwhess said:

Thanks for clearing that up...😄

John, I meant like elder/pioneers, not just partakers. :D 

I believe those who extend themselves in the service of Jehovah should have some fringe benefits. It’s not really that big of thing for the rest of us  to wait a little longer.

I personally am just impatient....like a kid on Christmas morning. (Whoops! poor example choice with this group).  :lol:

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

4 hours ago, Eejay said:

They are broken up into 4 segments under Annual Meetings in the video library, starting with this.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtAnnMtg/pub-jwb-108_4_VIDEO

You can scroll through the various segments below the main window.

I’m hoping Hope meant audio 🫣💥🚙🚓   Smaller in MB size too of course.    it would be useful to have the 4 talks on audio, handy playlist to have. 

On 11/12/2023 at 1:02 AM, jwhess said:

My country falls under international English Bethel speaking families and our Bethelites weren’t / aren't invited; aren’t the invitees, apart from the Members of the WT Society, mainly friends and family of the North American Bethel families (US & Canada)?

Edited by zauser

Grammar

17 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

John, I meant like elder/pioneers, not just partakers. :D 

I believe those who extend themselves in the service of Jehovah should have some fringe benefits. It’s not really that big of thing for the rest of us  to wait a little longer.

I personally am just impatient....like a kid on Christmas morning. (Whoops! poor example choice with this group).  :lol:

So there isn’t this requirement at all. Primary invitees (don’t know how else to designate them?) to the stream get a certain number of invites to share. The ones who get the shared invites can invite anyone to their homes to watch with him - even interested ones…

5 hours ago, zauser said:

So there isn’t this requirement at all.

How are the “primary invitees” chosen?

Ah I see what you mean. Members of the WT Society (long standing faithful servants, I believe in FTS?) as well the North American Bethel family - also FTS.

But their invitees vastly outnumber them, and there isn’t any requirement of even being baptised in the secondary list…

30 minutes ago, zauser said:

Ah I see what you mean. Members of the WT Society (long standing faithful servants, I believe in FTS?) as well the North American Bethel family - also FTS.

But their invitees vastly outnumber them, and there isn’t any requirement of even being baptised in the secondary list…

Wow! So I just need to know someone who knows someone then. 

1 hour ago, zauser said:

It helps if you know someone at the U.S. or Canada Bethels, or if you know a member of the WT Society…

How does someone become a member of the WT Society? Is it the same as being a member of the worldwide order of special full time servants? Do they get an invitation by letter through their branch? 

Edited by truce

36 minutes ago, truce said:

How does someone become a member of the WT Society? Is it the same as being a member of the worldwide order of special full time servants? Do they get an invitation by letter through their branch? 

These are the publication references we have regarding that question:

jv 228-229; w90 3/15 17-18

Edited by zauser

Grammar

18 minutes ago, truce said:

I am really curious about this topic. Do we have any here who are members of the WT Society? What's the difference between the WTBTS of NY and that of PA? Which of these get to attend the Annual meeting? 

The Annual Meeting (business part) is specific to the corporation under discussion.  There are different agendas (what officers to elect and so on).  We have many corporations each with their own requirements.  The October meeting is usually devoted to the Pennsylvania Corp.  The opportunity to get the brothers together has given rise to the second part of the meeting which is the GB giving spiritual talks.

Note: the corporation voting members do not vote to decide members of the Governing Body, just legal officers and business details of the corporation.  The GB spiritual talks are a separate feature of relatively modern times.

Edited by jwhess

• carlos changed the title to JW Broadcast - November 2023
  • trottigy unpinned this topic