JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - November 2023

Wow, (I am sad to say) that is a pretty dramatic change for him over just 5 years.

I can't wait for the New World when aging is a thing of the past!!! I say this as I look at my proficle picture from high school and the mirror - 40 years later!!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

5 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

spacer.png

This couple was once a missionary here in Brazil in a city called Teófilo Otoni. I heard that, about 10 years ago or so, they were in town visiting friends. The photo below is at a Kingdom Hall in this city. But, as humble brothers that they are, they did not want to disturb the brothers at Bethel and went by bus from São Paulo to Teófilo Otoni on their own, a distance of 1,011.9 km (about 628.206 miles). When the brothers at Bethel found out, they made arrangements to pick them up so they could go to Bethel.

spacer.png

This other photo is from 2018, when they celebrated 70 years together.

spacer.png

Took the liberty to make it a pdf, file. So you ca share it with others 

Buettell.pdf

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

On 11/7/2023 at 9:21 AM, jwhess said:

This is very true.  I am an introvert and less than 30%  (possibly as low as 10-15%) of the world are like me.  Most of them think that I should try harder and "snap out of it".  I have adapted well and have many coping mechanisms that I will bring to bear on the new changes.  I will rise to meet the challenge with Jehovah's help.

The background problem of not being comfortable with personal interactions with strangers is always there.  So a memorized presentation was helpful.  I remember that it is not about me or my deficiencies.  God has been slandered, challenged and even ignored.  I am proud to be a part of the solution in a very small way.

The song we sing says. "We give our all to save just one."  I realized the verse is describing our collective effort but it remains true of us as individuals as well...❤️

I'm also an introvert.  

Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him.

Psalm 100:3

On 11/7/2023 at 10:59 PM, nando said:

More than ever, we see Jehovah's chariot moving forward as the days go by!

Jehovah uses whatever is available so that his people preach effectively and efficiently!

With all the updates and preparations, we are living in special times my brothers. We are witnessing great events and we are going to witness extraordinary events yet!

Keep going, don't give up, because the finish line is right there.

Changes are necessary, and we, with humility, will accept them all without complaining!

Actually, change is a preparation to the thimgs to come. I have a lot of verses and reference in mind but I cannot put them all here. One thing I understand, change is a fulfillment of what old people expected to come and a sign for the exciting part of this critical time. Hope I can share more to furthe explain... 

29 minutes ago, Richie said:

Actually, change is a preparation to the thimgs to come. I have a lot of verses and reference in mind but I cannot put them all here. One thing I understand, change is a fulfillment of what old people expected to come and a sign for the exciting part of this critical time. Hope I can share more to furthe explain... 

Br. Richard, let me add to the welcome we give you for joining us in these forums.

21 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Br. Richard, let me add to the welcome we give you for joining us in these forums.

Me too. We need more Richards!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 11/6/2023 at 3:19 PM, Stormswift said:

What a shame you couldn't let brothers and sisters have the same nice surprise you had. This makes me sad. It's only been released. Hope not too many see this until after they view the broadcast.

😮 I saw and downloaded the new releases before viewing the video because they were in the JW Library... and that's what I do with anything new I see in there ASAP.  It didn't even occur to me that they were part of the AM Broadcast, which was not available to me at the time and that I didn't watch until Wednesday night, anyway.  I'm with  @Brandon - I think sometimes there's a bit much made over "surprises" when we're talking about information that everyone has access to.

I'm also not a fan of surprises and do not believe that any news from Jehovah or the Slave *can* be "spoiled".. so there's that.  I wish we could all simply relax and allow others to enjoy themselves the way each sees fit.  Not the way we want others to... :( 

30 minutes ago, Hope said:

I'm also not a fan of surprises and do not believe that any news from Jehovah or the Slave *can* be "spoiled".. so there's that.

Yeah, I understand exactly what you are saying but I think it was interesting that last June the Branch notified all of the elders and said we would receive a box marked "Do Not Open Until Nov 6th" The letter basically said not to open the box, don't even talk about it. We even received another letter reminding us that the box was confidential. Apparently, the Branch was very very interested in not spoiling the surprise. :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

Yeah, I understand exactly what you are saying but I think it was interesting that last June the Branch notified all of the elders and said we would receive a box marked "Do Not Open Until Nov 6th" The letter basically said not to open the box, don't even talk about it. We even received another letter reminding us that the box was confidential. Apparently, the Branch was very very interested in not spoiling the surprise. :D

Understood.  I also appreciate that what some may view as merely a "surprise" is REALLY about confidentiality, hearing and receiving information in context, timing, etc.  It's not like a kiddie party - it's about making sure all the pieces are in place before releasing information.  :zipmouth:

In this case, the details and context were extremely important.  Getting into that box of brochures without knowing that would have been rather horrible I think, to be understating things... 

58 minutes ago, Hope said:

Getting into that box of brochures without knowing that would have been rather horrible I think, to be understating things... 

The box had the message "Do not open before November 6" and most congregations have their meetings on a Tuesday evening anyway, so no one should have been able to open the boxes until the letter was read at the closing of the meeting.

I think that something went wrong - as the uploads were already on the "servers" but not yet announced on the website. It took hours in some languages (like Dutch) and in Danish we still haven't received the "Scriptures for Christian Living" book yet. I think it was a lot f work, especially for the minor languages.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

4 hours ago, Rodejong said:

The box had the message "Do not open before November 6" and most congregations have their meetings on a Tuesday evening anyway, so no one should have been able to open the boxes until the letter was read at the closing of the meeting.

I think that something went wrong - as the uploads were already on the "servers" but not yet announced on the website. It took hours in some languages (like Dutch) and in Danish we still haven't received the "Scriptures for Christian Living" book yet. I think it was a lot f work, especially for the minor languages.

I've never had a meeting on a Tuesday night. Mine is currently on Thursday, but Wednesday is a thing... and all my teenage/ early adulthood was on Fridays. I can't think of a congregation around here offhand who has a Tuesday midweek meeting...

Plus, those brochures have been in-house since June, according to @Tortuga (or maybe just notification). Anyway, a congregation's meeting night wouldn't have much to do with anything, I wouldn't think.. 🤔

4 hours ago, Hope said:

I've never had a meeting on a Tuesday night. Mine is currently on Thursday, but Wednesday is a thing... and all my teenage/ early adulthood was on Fridays. I can't think of a congregation around here offhand who has a Tuesday midweek meeting...

Plus, those brochures have been in-house since June, according to @Tortuga (or maybe just notification). Anyway, a congregation's meeting night wouldn't have much to do with anything, I wouldn't think.. 🤔

In the Netherlands and here in Denmark, have at least 1 congregation in the kingdom Hall on Tuesday.

Tuesday and Sunday morning were standard times.

I have been in a congregation who had Wednesday evening and Saturday Morning. That were the best times for me.

After the Saturday morning meeting we went in field service, later we bought our groceries, and had the weekend free to visit each other. We lived in the "Bible Belt Territory" and working was not allowed (Repairing your car on Sunday was forbidden for example) and preaching on Sunday was blasphemy. The priest would shout in the street not to open the doors. So Saturday was meeting and Service day.

25 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

In the Netherlands and here in Denmark, have at least 1 congregation in the kingdom Hall on Tuesday.

Tuesday and Sunday morning were standard times.

I have been in a congregation who had Wednesday evening and Saturday Morning. That were the best times for me.

After the Saturday morning meeting we went in field service, later we bought our groceries, and had the weekend free to visit each other. We lived in the "Bible Belt Territory" and working was not allowed (Repairing your car on Sunday was forbidden for example) and preaching on Sunday was blasphemy. The priest would shout in the street not to open the doors. So Saturday was meeting and Service day.

Ideal time for me too would be Wednesday evening and Saturday morning, but ironically I've never been in a congregation that met on either of those days. Just thinking out loud: how cool it would be to have a Wednesday night meeting, then do ministry Thursday and Friday and Saturday after the meeting. Then have Sundays off to sleep, sleep, sleep. Then work secularly Mondays to Wednesdays only.... in a perfect world!

Edited by truce

Our midweek meeting this year is on Tuesday as there are 4 congregations sharing the hall to lower the rental cost. So each year the congregations will rotate the night for the midweek meeting. The same applies for the weekend meeting slots.

When one of the congregations meeting on Wed, Thu or Fri have a circuit overseer visit we have to swap our Tuesday slot for the other congregations meeting night.

2 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Our midweek meeting this year is on Tuesday as there are 4 congregations sharing the hall to lower the rental cost. So each year the congregations will rotate the night for the midweek meeting. The same applies for the weekend meeting slots.

When one of the congregations meeting on Wed, Thu or Fri have a circuit overseer visit we have to swap our Tuesday slot for the other congregations meeting night.

Switiching times on Sundays every year is stressful enough. I would not like changing midweek meeting nights, I don't think.

There was a time we had four congregations and the Tuesday night CO visit was swapped with the congregation who had that night. They had to do that six times a year. Now, our Hall meets on Wednesday- Friday nights. Tuesday is always available. 

7 minutes ago, Dages said:

As the 1st of January is a monday, this year, we get a weird time with our meetings on sunday late afternoon and monday evening :D this is going to be fun :D 

We have been meeting on Saturday morning and Monday evening at 7pm for several years. Next week we vote on possibly moving to Wednesday evening.

1 hour ago, Dages said:

Comme le 1er janvier est un lundi, cette année, nous avons une période bizarre avec nos réunions le dimanche en fin d'après midi et le lundi soir :D ça va être sympa:D 

Sunday and Monday 😨 Intense, I say. You will have to be super organized to prepare for the meetings. Since the beginning of the year we have had it on Thursday basic time and on Sunday at 5:30 p.m., it is not an easy schedule. In January, we switch to Saturday 3 p.m. and Monday 7:30 p.m. Of course, if we had to meet at midnight we would do it and say thank you too. Who knows what time we'll meet at night one of these days.

38 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

Sunday and Monday 😨 Intense, I say. You will have to be super organized to prepare for the meetings. Since the beginning of the year we have had it on Thursday basic time and on Sunday at 5:30 p.m., it is not an easy schedule. In January, we switch to Saturday 3 p.m. and Monday 7:30 p.m. Of course, if we had to meet at midnight we would do it and say thank you too. Who knows what time we'll meet at night one of these days.

Here, we typically only rotate Sunday times. Our midweek remains the same.  There are 4 congregations using our hall right now. I would very much love a Saturday meeting but that is not to be. There are NOT many congregations meeting on Saturday here in Nigeria. I presume less than 20 in the entire country, and there are hundreds of congregations in Nigeria. 

Edited by truce

Our standard times for both meetings have been Tuesday and Sunday for as long as I can remember. Only the Sunday meeting ever changes the time, as we share the Hall. It usually just rotates but sometimes it is voted on.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 11/11/2023 at 4:55 AM, Tortuga said:

Me too. We need more Richards!

Yes in case we lose this one.  

(We shouldn't I've stuck a flag on his shell)

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

• carlos changed the title to JW Broadcast - November 2023
  • trottigy unpinned this topic