JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower January 2024

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I think this is interesting. In a footnote in the second study article it says:

Use the search feature found on jw.org to locate the articles and the videos referred to in this article.

That is the first time I have seen that instead of a link.

Maybe its makes sense on the paper version.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 minute ago, TheKid23 said:

Love the way in the new WT it’s not called preview, it’s now “focus” 

That matches what the ELF book does at the beginning of each section. Nice!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Still no videos included as part of the study...😟

Last week the conductor asked to play a video for the second time

so we are now used to watch videos at watchtower study at meeting 🙏☺️💖

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

16 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Last week the conductor asked to play a video for the second time

so we are now used to watch videos at watchtower study at meeting 🙏☺️💖

Last Sunday's video was quite long.  It takes out time that prevents a lot of comments.  The video was almost 6 minutes long.  That is 1/10th of the whole study.  It was a "footnote"

36 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Last Sunday's video was quite long.  It takes out time that prevents a lot of comments.  The video was almost 6 minutes long.  That is 1/10th of the whole study.  It was a "footnote"

You are right brother john

thats why the resume questions at the end weren’t done 🙄

3 hours ago, TheKid23 said:

2 hours ago, TheKid23 said:

Yeah, to be honest I sometimes forget to look at the preview 🙈but I’ll make more of an effort now as it sets up the wt study nicely 

Yes. That "Focus" feature is a more brief preview of the study than before.

I really liked this part of the first study in paragraph 14 ...

2 Timothy 3:1-5 might be worded differently if those verses foretold what it would be like in Paradise: “In the new world the happiest of times will be here. For men will be lovers of others, lovers of spiritual treasures, modest, humble, praisers of God, obedient to parents, thankful, loyal, having great affection for their families, open to agreement, always speaking well of others, self-controlled, mild, lovers of goodness, trustworthy, yielding, lowly in mind, lovers of God rather than lovers of pleasures, motivated by genuine godly devotion; and to these people stick closely.”

6 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 might be worded differently if those verses foretold what it would be like in Paradise: “In the new world the happiest of times will be here. For men will be lovers of others, lovers of spiritual treasures, modest, humble, praisers of God, obedient to parents, thankful, loyal, having great affection for their families, open to agreement, always speaking well of others, self-controlled, mild, lovers of goodness, trustworthy, yielding, lowly in mind, lovers of God rather than lovers of pleasures, motivated by genuine godly devotion; and to these people stick closely.”

Someone at WHQ has been reading my comments again....🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Ahh! I knew it!

"Into these very things, WHQ is desiring to peer" - 1 Peterish 1:12

Edited by Tortuga

13 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

I feel I need to print it and post it somewhere as a daily reminder of how we will and should be. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I like the article about the Ethiopian eunuchs chariot. We could mistakenly assume that the eunuch was in a war chariot, so Jehovah apparently gave Phillip power of the holy spirit to run alongside the chariot, then we could mistakenly apply that to Jehovah giving us the power of the holy spirit to find interested ones, however that conclusion would be based on a wrong assumption. Its better to stick to the facts and realize that he probably wasn't in a war chariot.

Edited by Tortuga

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Someone at WHQ has been reading my comments again....🤣

There you went prophetizing again brother Richard 😂

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I like the article about the Ethiopian eunuchs chariot. We could mistakenly assume that the eunuch was in a war chariot, so Jehovah apparently gave Phillip power of the holy spirit to run alongside the chariot, then we could mistakenly apply that to Jehovah giving us the power of the holy spirit to find interested ones, however that conclusion would be based on a wrong assumption. Its better to stick to the facts and realize that he probably wasn't in a war chariot.

It never occurred to me that he was in war chariot.  It says plainly he was on his way home from Jerusalem, where he'd gone to worship.  Why would he be in a war chariot?  He was just fortunate to have wheels to ride in rather than walking or riding a donkey.

11 hours ago, Sofia said:

The article about treating women the way Jehovah does is simply precious ❤️ 

I wish that was a study article... it's so good.. ❤️ 

I love the 

12 hours ago, TheKid23 said:

I like how it's not a paragraph only one sentence. Plus to the point.

9 hours ago, Goldenstate cruiser said:

Yes! Love the layout with the boxes for our comments/thoughts!

I just wanted them for the preview questions, but having them for each question is nice.

Screenshot2023-10-21150306.thumb.png.f597a8a3dfdfbcaf7916af262b04167d.png

1 hour ago, Hope said:

It never occurred to me that he was in war chariot.  It says plainly he was on his way home from Jerusalem, where he'd gone to worship.  Why would he be in a war chariot?  He was just fortunate to have wheels to ride in rather than walking or riding a donkey.

This is the image that was used in the Bible Teach book. Maybe not a war chariot but not a 4 door luxury chariot either..

Christian Baptism and Your Dedication to God | Bible Teach

Edited by Tortuga