JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Highlights of 2023 Worldwide Service Year Report

More proof that we're getting close - Isa 60:22

The following exciting increases were announced: 

Baptisms: During the 2023 service year, 269,517 persons were baptized .... 

Bible studies: On average, Bible studies were up 28.5 percent to 7,281,212.

Memorial attendance worldwide was 20,461,767, an increase of nearly 4 percent.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/#newsAlerts

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

No hours, placements, videos or Return Visits are included in the report but we still have an encouraging report that shows an increase in response. We don't need the other information to see the progress. :D

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

34 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

No hours, placements, videos or Return Visits are included in the report but we still have an encouraging report that shows an increase in response. We don't need the other information to see the progress. :D

We will see the hours, etc, in January

7 minutes ago, Parale said:

The above six charts together in one PDF for easier reading/download :)

2023 SERVICE YEAR HIGHLIGHTS (15 November 2023) - SIX CHARTS / ONE PDF:

It'll be nice if auxiliary pioneering became regular pioneering. 

45 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

We will see February 12-18th 2024 during the midweek meeting Annual Service Report part. 

To be accurare : The report comes in January, but will be reviewed in february meeting.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

30 minutes ago, Parale said:

image.thumb.png.875a87301c210abe49ac58bdbc0a3011.png

So the question you're asking - or at least should be asking - is: What is the total number of baptisms for the 74 years, from 1950 to 2023?

Although the numbers for 1950 and 1956 are missing, we do know that for the seven years from 1950 to 1956 a total of of 394,024 were baptised. This just leaves 1961 as the missing figure, which is likely to be 69,000?

Thus total baptised from 1950 to 2023 (excluding 1961) = 14,467,941

Adding on 69,000 for 1961 gives an estimated total of 14,536,941

1 minute ago, Rodejong said:

To be accurare : The report comes in January, but will be reviewed in february meeting.

I mentioned the part because it will include reading the announcement from the branch office regarding the annual service report. That would give us more info and further clarification after the report is released in January 2024. 

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

We will see the hours, etc, in January

I certainly hope total hours will be included - for the last time! - in the 2023 SYR when it is announced in January 2024, but even if the hour numbers showed an increase for the 2023, which looks very likely considering the increase in pioneers, I suspect Governing Body's Service Committee decided not to mention them at this time to reduce the focus on 'hours', considering the new reporting procedure that has just been introduced.

32 minutes ago, Parale said:

I certainly hope total hours will be included - for the last time!

The brothers have already explained why we aren't reporting hours, so I think it would be confusing if they included hours in the annual report.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

56 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The brothers have already explained why we aren't reporting hours, so I think it would be confusing if they included hours in the annual report.

Hhmm. All of the year we were reporting our hours for the whole service year, and those hours all go to waste? At least, for one last time, I hope to see the hours for some encouragement.

...just my opinion...

31 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Hhmm. All of the year we were reporting our hours for the whole service year, and those hours all go to waste? At least, for one last time, I hope to see the hours for some encouragement.

...just my opinion...

Okay, I think it would be confusing if they tell us that its not important to track hours but then say 'here they are! Look at how good we did last year! BTW: we won't have this information next year.'

That's just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Parale said:

I certainly hope total hours will be included - for the last time! - in the 2023 SYR when it is announced in January 2024, but even if the hour numbers showed an increase for the 2023, which looks very likely considering the increase in pioneers, I suspect Governing Body's Service Committee decided not to mention them at this time to reduce the focus on 'hours', considering the new reporting procedure that has just been introduced.

I bet the opposers are not happy about the report. Who cares? Poor little babies!