JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pastor says ‘Jehovah’ is another name for Satan

"Pastor of the Family of Christ Church, Stephen Nti Mensah has advised Christians to desist from using the word ‘Jehovah’ because it is another name for Satan."

"He was saddened ‘Jehovah’ was now being extolled more than Jesus Christ and God."

https://www.pulse.com.gh/ece-frontpage/controversy-pastor-says-jehova-is-another-name-for-satan/9ch6twp

This is downright demonic 😒

Edited by Jwanon

Nothing new there

This pastor's subconscious was angry with the JWs, and since our brain works with images, it projected that Jehovah is evil. -_-

His mind has nothing to do with etymology or history or archaeology or the truth.

it's simply that the person is angry and projects evil with thoughts of minimizing THEIR problem. 

4 hours ago, Jwanon said:

.... "more than Jesus Christ and God."

So, he also doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is God? Well, at least he got that right!  :facepalmpo2:

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

15 hours ago, Jwanon said:

This is downright demonic 

😒

@Jwanon are you a Ghanaian?

A lot of Ghanaian pastors really thrive on lies. They like to sound controversial even if the have to spew blasphemy.I don't know whether it's out of ignorance or it's intentional (I don't know which of the two is worse 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️) There's one of the pastors who have a whole album full of sermons which is basically a smear campaign about us.

I know one of the Ghanaian televangelists who use one of our images to represent angels as the backdrop of his church (I didn't know whether I had to be angry or happy).

Ironically we used that image as Satan and the devil 😁😁😁

This is the image I'm talking about

Screenshot_20231208-070302.png.ad1b331502914aa1a169b8374cc5d44e.png

Which part of this image looks "holy" to you 😂😂😂

Edited by Kwabena

9 hours ago, Doug said:

"Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good, those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness, those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.  Woe to those wise in their own eyes".

I'd like to insert "those who name Jehovah for Satan and Satan for Jehovah" to the woes.  This is one of those stories that the resurrected ones are going to look at us and say, "Now you're just messing with me!"

On 12/7/2023 at 11:31 PM, Jwanon said:

"Pastor of the Family of Christ Church, Stephen Nti Mensah has advised Christians to desist from using the word ‘Jehovah’ because it is another name for Satan."

"He was saddened ‘Jehovah’ was now being extolled more than Jesus Christ and God."

https://www.pulse.com.gh/ece-frontpage/controversy-pastor-says-jehova-is-another-name-for-satan/9ch6twp

Wow, another tiny man throw blasphemy.

I heard people who blasphemed Jehovah God shamely dies. I've heard an experience of an old brother says he met a man saying “Jehovak! Gihubak!” to him (“Jehovak” —a blasphemous portmanteau of words “Jehova” and “hubak” (severe asthma) “Gihubak”—had a severe asthma).  After some time, the brother heard that the blasphemer died. The old brother intensely cursed that man.

He knows you better than you know yourself, and he wants to help. :hugs:

Does 'Hovah' really mean 'a ruin, disaster'? (or another name for satan)

maybe this blog article quoting from Hebrew Scholar Nehemia Gordon will help.

https://thehovahofjehovah.blogspot.com/2012/04/does-hovah-really-mean-ruin-disaster.html

Many opposer’s have tried to use this clever tactic to make users of the name Jehovah question the use of that transliteration of the Divine name.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, rocket said:

As I have explained in the past, this would be like saying that the word “assume” comes from the English words “ass,” “you,” and “me.”

Interesting 🤔🤔 😂😂

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2023 at 9:01 PM, Jwanon said:

a fool he is

Matthew 12:24-37

At hearing this, the Pharisees said: “This fellow does not expel the demons except by means of Be·elʹze·bub, the ruler of the demons.”+ 25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself comes to ruin, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 In the same way, if Satan expels Satan, he has become divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand? 27 Moreover, if I expel the demons by means of Be·elʹze·bub, by whom do your sons expel them? This is why they will be your judges. 28 But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the Kingdom of God has really overtaken you.*+ 29 Or how can anyone invade the house of a strong man and seize his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Only then can he plunder his house. 30 Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.+
31 “For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.+ 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him;+ but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.+
33 “Either you make the tree fine and its fruit fine or make the tree rotten and its fruit rotten, for by its fruit the tree is known.+ 34 Offspring of vipers,+ how can you speak good things when you are wicked? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.+ 35 The good man out of his good treasure sends out good things, whereas the wicked man out of his wicked treasure sends out wicked things.+ 36 I tell you that men will render an account+ on Judgment Day for every unprofitable* saying that they speak; 37 for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.”