JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

On 1/9/2024 at 7:00 AM, Pjdriver said:My point was that it is a personal choice. Some used to say a beard looks rebellious.... :beard3::coffee: It’s a personal choice. Also the comments I’ve heard were from the mid-west and the west coast where I live half of my life. I actually found New England to be more liberal in thinking. The Ultra conservative Puritans are history.

New England is now know as a very liberal part of the country. They love gay people here.:lol:

Well, that’s true!

Edited by Julsey

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

On 1/12/2024 at 2:13 PM, Dark King said:

At the annual meeting, it looked like Brother Lett had skin cancer when I had an old workmate who had skin cancer and he looked this way with yellow skin and cuts on his forehead and hand he only lasted a year and a half before the skin cancer took his life.

Got to keep Brother Lett in my prayers 

He looked last weekend..l he was the branch rep for assembly Sat and Sunday

On 1/10/2024 at 4:42 PM, Tortuga said:

Some industries have a strict facial hair policy because the employees have to wear air respirators. It will be interesting to see how LDC handles beards on a LDC project site when air respirators are required.

I switched to full face instead of half…..it covers face and beard

22 minutes ago, DarinS said:

He looked last weekend..l he was the branch rep for assembly Sat and Sunday

He looked good or he looked bad?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, kejedo said:

grown a long, white scraggly beard

Maybe he was the brother used for the illustration in the Watchtower Study article for this weekend?

Edited by DancesWithWife

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

2 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

Maybe he was the brother used for the illustration in the Watchtower Study article for this weekend?

adam bald spot CROPPED.jpg

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

18 minutes ago, kejedo said:

Spoke with a dear Sister in my former Maine congregation. She mentioned that one of the elderly brothers there has grown a long, white scraggly beard and it seems distracting. Is this becoming common? I wonder if this effects how a householder responds to someone at the door. 

If it’s not clean and neat....the elders may talk to him if he's going in the ministry. Otherwise,  I don’t think brother Lett mentioned the different kinds of beard styles that can or can't be worn. 

How long is too long?   :beard3::beard::devil:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

2 hours ago, kejedo said:

Spoke with a dear Sister in my former Maine congregation. She mentioned that one of the elderly brothers there has grown a long, white scraggly beard and it seems distracting. Is this becoming common? I wonder if this effects how a householder responds to someone at the door. 

Only good things happen in Maine: one of the places on my wish list to visit.

2 hours ago, Mike047 said:

Doesn't the rain fall in Maine - on the plain?

In Spain the rain stays mainly in the plain.

in SPAIN…. in SPAIN :lol1:!!

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Since announcement on beards, more married brothers growing them.  1 brother in his 40's beard is white and scruffy.  Not sure how long he will let it grow. (his wife okay with it).  Others wives said No straight out, but the majority of our single brothers (young men) growing theirs out.  Some look older then their yrs really tell.  Oven our older brothers are growing beards.   I must say, they do look good in the beards.  Well trimmed n neat looking.  

(I have question on broadcast before board announcement, where can I go to that subject I. Forum on after destruction of BTG, some mat change their minds n heart and decide to join us.  I need where to ask question) thank brothers and sisters! Stay safe, stay warm and most of all stay close to Jehovah!

5 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Since announcement on beards, more married brothers growing them.  1 brother in his 40's beard is white and scruffy.  Not sure how long he will let it grow. (his wife okay with it).  Others wives said No straight out, but the majority of our single brothers (young men) growing theirs out.  Some look older then their yrs really tell.  Oven our older brothers are growing beards.   I must say, they do look good in the beards.  Well trimmed n neat looking.  

(I have question on broadcast before board announcement, where can I go to that subject I. Forum on after destruction of BTG, some mat change their minds n heart and decide to join us.  I need where to ask question) thank brothers and sisters! Stay safe, stay warm and most of all stay close to Jehovah!

What you’re looking for is part of the Jan JW Broadcast. Talk 3 by Bro. Jackson

7 hours ago, truce said:

The rain, like a plane, lands in Maine, on the plain. 

Back on topic: Do they grow beards in New England? (Sheesh... 😃)

The precipitation in Peru patters primarily on the plateau. Dear Brother Truce, My husband's (and son's) ancestor was from Western Africa, perhaps Benin City. Dengbo Sickles is historically recognized as the first African slave on Prince Edward Island, Canada. He made a big impression and is sung about when they have fairs and festivals in PEI. My husband was just getting interested in his ancestors when he was getting sick. I searched this side b/c my husband's grandmother was our spiritual sister. Sadly,dear husband passed away before he could take our intended trip to PEI. My writing on this forum, A suit of Cloathes, has gotten feedback.  A number of persons in Canada had heard this legend, and recognized the connection when I composed it on this forum's writing club. If colleges are recording written histories,through griots, I may someday ferret out Dengbo's family of origin. Sorry to get OT, again

12 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

If it’s not clean and neat....the elders may talk to him if he's going in the ministry. Otherwise,  I don’t think brother Lett mentioned the different kinds of beard styles that can or can't be worn. 

How long is too long?   :beard3::beard::devil:

We just came back from special metro cart training.  During the training, the brother said, "If you want a beard, you can have a beard.  But it needs to be just like your hairstyle and dress.  Professional, neat and trimmed.  What is professional?  Who determines what is professional?  The general public does."  It was a great guideline.  Something we all can follow.

One of the problems a brother noticed was that, having partially grown his beard, he now has to start to be careful that any food, or other stuff like spittle, gest carefully removed. He was embarrassed when he learned that there was something in his growth of beard. Not just growth but maintenance!

7 hours ago, kejedo said:

The precipitation in Peru patters primarily on the plateau. Dear Brother Truce, My husband's (and son's) ancestor was from Western Africa, perhaps Benin City. Dengbo Sickles is historically recognized as the first African slave on Prince Edward Island, Canada. He made a big impression and is sung about when they have fairs and festivals in PEI. My husband was just getting interested in his ancestors when he was getting sick. I searched this side b/c my husband's grandmother was our spiritual sister. Sadly,dear husband passed away before he could take our intended trip to PEI. My writing on this forum, A suit of Cloathes, has gotten feedback.  A number of persons in Canada had heard this legend, and recognized the connection when I composed it on this forum's writing club. If colleges are recording written histories,through griots, I may someday ferret out Dengbo's family of origin. Sorry to get OT, again

Thanks, Sister Pauline. Do you mean Benin Republic (the country in West Africa) or do you mean Benin City (a city in Midwestern Nigeria)?

1 hour ago, Mike047 said:

One of the problems a brother noticed was that, having partially grown his beard, he now has to start to be careful that any food, or other stuff like spittle, gest carefully removed. He was embarrassed when he learned that there was something in his growth of beard. Not just growth but maintenance!

I noticed as my beard is growing out it can appear a little scruffy, but that's part of growing process like growing out a bad haircut. Gotta be a little patient. 

As far as maintenance goes that's important with all of our dress and grooming just gotta develop a habit of taking care of a beard now? 

Just now, Desert Dan said:

THOUGHT:  There may not be much availability of shavers during the Great Tribulation.   Time to get used to the look?:beard:

My wife said the same, she said we're all going to be hairy in the great tribulation more than likely...but she would wait until then to join the trend 🤣