JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How do you imagine?

Yes, it is a simple topic, but worth contemplating.☺️

We are often encouraged to visualize Paradise, thus in line of that:

How do you imagine first week after Armageddon? (short stories welcome as well) 

How do you imagine resurrections will be organized? 

How do you imagine rebuilding work will be organized? (Including building your house) 

What really excites you about Paradise? 

Do you think angels will materialize in Paradise to communicate Jehovah's will to us? 

How do you visualize transportation? Getting across continents etc? (what solutions would you like to see) 

Would you like to see technology well developed in Paradise? (please do not ask question how to define technology 🤣 just go with general understanding)

What are your hobbies would you like to pursue? 

Option here: Make up your own question regarding Paradise. (please feel free to add question about Paradise that is not covered in original post) 

Looking forward to your comments. 😉

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Thank you for this topic :D 

I guess a big party on the first night, and following day too when we see that we were healed during the night :D then organising to get a week-end meeting on day 7 so maybe elder meeting on evening of day 2 ? :P 

Gathering the troups, finding place to shelter until we get information from "above" :D during this first week

After week 1, everyday for a looooooong time :heart:

How do you imagine rebuilding work will be organized? (Including building your house) 

Rebuilding... I don't know, I think the priority will be to organize the group to have shelter and food, and spiritual thing. I don't plan to build my house right away. I'm fine living in a commune until we are allowed to travel, then I'll look for my dream place to settle.

Perfect health, and perfect sleep :( I can't wait to feel my first morning in paradise.

Do you think angels will materialize in Paradise to communicate Jehovah's will to us? 

What about 1 anointed one materializing PER surviving group, to help locally 😉 

How do you visualize transportation? Getting across continents etc? (what solutions would you like to see) 

Boat and later zeppelin, these are cool

Would you like to see technology well developed in Paradise? (please do not ask question how to define technology 🤣 just go with general understanding)

Space travel :D 

But I guess we will enjoy some technological inertia of this old world, with Jehovah's help.

Playing the piano 

Edited by Dages

15 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes, it is a simple topic, but worth contemplating.☺️

We are often encouraged to visualize Paradise, thus in line of that:

Would you like to see technology well developed in Paradise? (please do not ask question how to define technology 🤣 just go with general understanding)

Option here: Make up your own question regarding Paradise. (please feel free to add question about Paradise that is not covered in original post) 

Looking forward to your comments. 😉

Boy.  You really opened up something here.  Lots of things to imagine and to say about this.

I have sort of thought that at first, we would make do with what's available.  Maybe find some suitable housing left over after Armageddon, just some shelter at first.  Of course, things will have to be organized, not just people going out and doing whatever they think of.  Chaos will not be there.

Years ago I thought that existing power plants which require monitoring 24/7/365 would not be able to keep producing electricity.  So many places have solar panels producing electricity that do not need constant attention will keep producing electricity.  MAYBE we could have electricity after Armageddon.  If the photovoltaic cells are functioning, will we have to repair the wiring to have power where it is needed?  If the local grocery stores survive, then survivors can collect food for free.  (Just take what we actually need, not hoarding, of course.)  If the grocery store has electricity, maybe the refrigeration system will also still be working.

Of course, we will all want to come together and help out at the local meeting place/Kingdom Hall.  Cleaning and organizing meetings will be a joy we can all partake in. 

Tools and equipment we might need will be available at the local hardware/home improvement store.  Again, take what you need, no hoarding.  After we finish with a tool we might even bring it back for someone else to use.

The things I think about that will happen right after Armageddon are very different from the things I imagine for the far future.  Things will slowly improve through our collective hard work and with Jehovah's Kingdom backing us.

15 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Would you like to see technology well developed in Paradise?

Yes, I really would be happy if that happened.

The reason why some people (like me, even though I'm in the tech field) have a problem like technology is because of the love of money and power. Some people love money and power so much that they'll use their minds to make things that cause harm to people or control people. That's why we are on the verge of a nuclear war. 

After Armageddon those tendencies will be very very rare if not nonexistent. I believe people will be making things with the sole aim of enhancing our already prosperous lives. I'm very sure there'll be technologies that will make our environment better not just environmentally friendly. 

16 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

1. The absence of the threat of war. 

2. No greed

2. No politics.

These three things alone would make the world 50 percent more peaceful. 

No greed means no famine or malnutrition. No famine means no "unnecessary deaths", good standard of living. Good standard of living means good education for young people and a nice home for your family. No malnutrition means no anxiety and some other mental illnesses. That means good health in general.

No politics means no propaganda. 

We've not even talked about everlasting life and how we'll be in peace with animals!

Locally, I think. Let's say I want to build my house. I'll gather food and call my neighbors. Well build the house and prepare the food I've gathered and eat at lunch time. 

Intracontinental trips I'll use a horse or a car or I'll hitchhike 😄.When it's a short distance a bike will do. I mean, no one is forcing me and there won't be any "life and death" emergency 😂😂.

intercontinental trips I'll use a ship.

Maybe everyday, but they'll be introduced to the public in conventions and assemblies like baptism 😄😁. Maybe our assemblies will have live music sessions in there. depending on the culture of that area.

There's this cool musical instrument in southern America. It's like a bunch of flutes put together and it's used like a harmonica. It sounds really soulful. I'll be learning how to play that in the new world 💯💯

Edited by Kwabena

18 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

How do you imagine first week after Armageddon?

I imagine a party! With cake and fireworks and dancing and celebration. Jehovah has wiped clean all evil and saved his people. And I also imagine it's something we will celebrate every year in remembrance of Him and His good works.

Perhaps there will also be children in need of parents when we get to the other side because the mom and dad died. We'll be there to help raise them. ❤️

But on a more sombre note, I also imagine that there may be some of those that were saved that may start complaining about how things were. A week is not long, but it could happen. I know that Satan will no longer be there, but we will still be imperfect. And if the Israelites complained after being saved from Egypt, we can too. And I wouldn't want to be part of that.

I imagine resurrections would be a private affair, since we wouldn't want to overwhelm a person. It's like when we bring a new pet home, we let it adjust to its environment first before letting our other pets/kids/people say hello. I also see babies being resurrected, as well as unborn children through their mothers/ surrogate mothers. Although resurrected perfect, an older person would still be old and have the excitement of growing young.

How do you imagine rebuilding work will be organized?

I see the rebuilding work like any other work such as farming, cleaning the earth, etc. We'll volunteer to work on it, get training and do it. For both ourselves and other people. We'll work 4-6 hours a day with good friends and then do other things. I myself do not care about building a house. I can live in a shack. I'll let my husband do whatever.

I am excited about meeting my dead loved ones and seeing them. My grandparents, my cousins, and niece/nephew who never saw the light of day, my friends. I'm more than excited, beyond excited to see the ones I love who are currently old look twenty-five and no longer in bad health. Working side by side my now younger friends on a project is a wonderful thought. And knowing that the friends that we are currently serving with in our congregations will be likened to 'childhood' friends since we'll have a special bond with them warms my heart. Imagine, after years of serving shoulder to shoulder, we make it through... together!

I also see what @Dages sees. An anointed one coming down to help us and guide us.

How do you visualize transportation? Getting across continents etc?

I see people getting around by horse, by car, by wagon. Whatever they want really. If people want to go by horse or wooden bike, they will! If they want to fly by plane, I'm sure many others do too and will help them build/design one. No biggie. I'll probably do the first few years by car.

I would like faster travel to see my friends. I have family in France (I live in Canada) and I miss them. It's clumsy and expensive to visit. :( Instant travel and communication would be great!

After my volunteer hours are done, I would like to take classes. Swimming, wood working, knitting, etc. I would like to visit my ancestors and my cousins.As well as getting to know my heavenly father even more. I think that will be enough to keep me busy for a while.

Thank-you for this topic. My heart is just bursting with joy at the moment. It's such a beautiful and happy topic. Even if it's just speculation (and I'm sure I have most of it wrong!) it's happy. I love reading everyone else's imaginations as well.

19 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

How do you imagine first week after Armageddon?

The door slowly opened, and brother Lee poked his head out.  He then proceeded to head to the podium and stand there, waiting for everyone's attention to be on him.

"Friends, as you no doubt have been hearing, it's been quiet for quite a while.  If you look at the door, you can see the sun's up.  I believe we have truly stepped into the new world!"  His eyes gained a sparkle that even his wife has barely seen.  "It's beautiful out there!  Go!  See for yourself" 

Everyone ran outside, tears in every eye, and the cries of joy echoed in the air.  Staying in the kingdom hall seemed like the worst decision at the time.  But now...  Everyone fanned out into the rubble piles that was the neighborhood that they were in.  They had one goal.  Fuel for the bonfire that was going to be lit.  That night was a party like no other.  Someone even found fireworks to be set off in celebration.  The prayer given over the first New World Buffet made many persons' heart skip a beat.  We found out that one of our sisters is an excellent song writer.  Truly original songs of thanks filled the air for hours.  The noise didn't repel the wildlife.  It attracted them.  Later that night there were scenes of friends sitting down on the ground, with a deer or elk's head in their lap as they gently stroked it.  Wolves and coyotes played with the young ones.

The following days were spent organizing, gathering solar panels for integration into the kingdom hall.  It was no small blessing that most of the elder body and ministerial servants were electricians or worked with some form of technology.  That first email to the cleelemcong email address was surreal.  Instructions on how to organize the cleanup, and get Builder's Assist going again...  Somehow, next week seems like it's going to be better than this week...

19 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I can see certain one's being tasked with guiding the newly resurrected ones through the transition to the new world.  I mean, who's going to convince the native americans in my area that this isn't the Happy Hunting Ground?

20 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

How do you imagine rebuilding work will be organized?

As stated earlier, I think we'll be real familiar with the way it's done.  It'll be led by a clone of the LDC.  We'll get assignments as small groups, carry them out and mark them as completed.  I can also imagine constant progress reports given, perhaps during morning worship.

What really excites you about Paradise

Being able to worship Jehovah without Satan's air and presence being everywhere.  Truly dropping your shoulders. 

Never again worrying, "Can I do this without stumbling people?  Is this action or decoration demonic?  I'd better research it"

I do.  Angels aren't visible now for the same reason miracles stopped.  People need to worship Jehovah out of faith, not selfish desire.  That time will be past in the new world.  Also, they desire to peer into the matters in this world.  It seems like they'd really want to participate in the new world.  Them materializing world probably be just as much for their benefit as for ours

How do you visualize transportation? Getting across continents etc?

I can see us initially using standard transportation.  After all, the population of the world that uses cars is going to drop by around 99.5%.  Pollution from cars will also drop 99.5%.   As human population picks up again through resurrections, I can see EV's and Hydrogen powered cars come back.  Greed will no longer be a factor, and this old world has already done the R&D for us.  Same with ships that aren't sailboats.  And I'm sure we'll see planes again.  Who wouldn't pass up the opportunity to see the sights from 10,000 feet?  Or get to your friend's house 1500 miles away to see the new flower they created before it wilts.

People who know me would know I say YYYYEEEESSSS.  I want to fulfill my dream of bringing my wife home a unique gem from an asteroid or another world.  There's so much more computers can do if you remove security.  Encryption, firewalls, secure connections, verifications, they all take up precious processing power.  They won't be needed in the new world.

What are your hobbies would you like to pursue

Stonework.  I've always wanted to do stonework.  

On 12/15/2023 at 7:52 AM, Kwabena said:

There's this cool musical instrument in southern America. It's like a bunch of flutes put together and it's used like a harmonica. It sounds really soulful. I'll be learning how to play that in the new world 💯💯

I don't like the name, because of the false god, Pan.  But this is called a Pan Flute.   And the music is very soulful in the hands of someone who knows how to play it, 

Pan Flute.jpg

Edited by Witness1970

On 12/15/2023 at 11:41 AM, coolbrz731 said:

Stonework.  I've always wanted to do stonework.  

When I lived in Alabama, if you wanted a stone to throw at something, you just reach down and pick one up.  In North Carolina, you could search for half a day and not find a stone of any kind or size.

I know that you were talking about large pieces of stone, not just rocks.  But the same applies.  You can't find anything to work with in North Carolina.

3 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

When I lived in Alabama, if you wanted a stone to throw at something, you just reach down and pick one up.  In North Carolina, you could search for half a day and not find a stone of any kind or size.

I know that you were talking about large pieces of stone, not just rocks.  But the same applies.  You can't find anything to work with in North Carolina.

It's the same here as in Alabama.  I had a friend move to our area, and he tried to dig up all of the rocks in his yard.  He gave up and just laid a fresh layer of soil.  And I swear you can throw a stone and hit some type of distributor of decorative stones.  I have plenty of opportunity now, but my hands have trouble doing what my brain tells them to do.  In this system, I'm very good with technical things, but I have two left thumbs when it comes to certain types of manual labor.

18 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

It's the same here as in Alabama.  I had a friend move to our area, and he tried to dig up all of the rocks in his yard.  He gave up and just laid a fresh layer of soil.  And I swear you can throw a stone and hit some type of distributor of decorative stones.  I have plenty of opportunity now, but my hands have trouble doing what my brain tells them to do.  In this system, I'm very good with technical things, but I have two left thumbs when it comes to certain types of manual labor.

I heard that in Alabama, you can bring two rocks into the house and lay them on the mantle, and the next morning you will have 2 rocks and a lot of little pebbles.

This was posted yesterday in jw.org: 

702023315_univ_cnt_02_xl.jpg

Comparing it with the program of 2022 Convention I assume GB LDC plans are heading this way :) Lot´s of glass to gain natural light and simple to manage interior.

1102022194_univ_lsr_lg.jpg

Above is exactly how I imagine paradise 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”