JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

And no resident will say: “I am sick” - Job 33:24

This question is rather loaded…and geared more towards those with a medical background. Particularly for you @Sofia and @Ishaya. Also for any others here who may be lurking who have a medical understanding of the molecular, cellular, and immuno structure of the body.

I learned partly about leukocytes/white blood cells and how they work in the system, where they are produced, the percentage of it in blood serum. Part of the job of granulocytes is to ward off any infections, parasites, toxins, poisons, or allergies, etc. out of the body. The job of eosinophils is reminiscent of the body cleaning up, as a form of it’s own medicine. It comes out through fever or other bodily means, skin lesions, etc. For someone who says they’ve never gotten sick in the last decade and never are prone to infections, does this indicate that their segmental neutrophils never matured? That this could explain why such “healthy ones” all of a sudden are hit with cancer or some other serious disease is the speculation.

My main question, though, is in the new system, the promise is that no one will be sick. So how will this cleaning process take place with eosinophils? Let’s say bacteria of some form gets into the body. How would the job of cleaning and eating up the bacteria (or virus?) be excreted out of the body, if the process of getting sick with fever is no longer an issue?  Unless I am misunderstanding the process of leukocytes...?  Lymphocytes and monocytes are clear to me, but the granulocytes leave me just wondering how this might work in the NS. Because there will always be bacteria out there. What do you think? Thank you so much in advance! (See - loaded question 😅 that I just can’t ask someone not in the Truth).

Edited by Amygdala

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

2 hours ago, Amygdala said:

That this could explain why such “healthy ones” all of a sudden are hit with cancer or some other serious disease is the speculation.

image.thumb.png.513ef3984cd3515bab016c5afcdb649b.png

image.thumb.png.1ff4fd540fab7d6219458c651dd6084c.png

image.png.030888d9f609133d2219b136aeea1226.png

2 hours ago, Amygdala said:

Let’s say bacteria of some form gets into the body. How would the job of cleaning and eating up the bacteria (or virus?) be excreted out of the body, if the process of getting sick with fever is no longer an issue?

If our "environment" of our body is hostile to bad bacteria/viruses, as the above suggests with the illustration, then they won't survive very long.  And our immune system will make quick work cleaning them up.

Hope this helps!

Yes that’s interesting. It makes sense about not enough oxygen going through the blood. The blood’s level of HBA1c (I believe) is the measure of glucose to every red blood cell, and shouldn’t be more than 5% max. There are different factors that affect how much HBA1c is in a person, which includes predisposition, or dietary habits. This can lead to arteriosclerosis that is a build up in the vessel walls, leading to constriction and less oxygen flow in the blood.

My question more was how the role of the immune system, or white blood cells, function because certain granulocytes in the blood not only are an indicator of infection or inflammation, but has a warrior type role of cleaning up as part of its defense. Normally this gets excreted by the immune complex and the body temperature rising to fever levels, or other discharge type functions. But if someone hasn’t had a fever for years, or doesn’t produce tears anymore, it’s an indication that their immune regulation is stalled or compromised. We need the body to flush out whatever pathogens come down our path. Thus the irony of someone saying they have never get sick.

But my question was more of how that immune process will continue in the new system, as we won’t get sick. I know it’s a bit deep. But hopefully someone can explain the function of granulocytes/neutrophils/eosinophils a bit better…or can hypothesise what might change with our immune systems in the NW. We are so wonderfully made!

- Read the Bible daily 

I look at it like this: why do animals get sick?  They never sinned...

So obviously bacteria & viruses are a part of life.  Then 2 things will be true in the new world: Our body's environment will be more hostile to them and our immune system will work better.

I realize that fever & runny nose & other symptoms are all part of the body's way to remove an invasion.  But it doesn't need to get to that point.  I think those are more like EMERGENCY!! drastic actions taken by the body.  But if foreign invaders are quickly dispatched, we won't get to the point of feeling sick.  Our body will just do its job properly.

It has been said we all get cancer many times throughout our lives, though we never know it until we're older and/or our immune system can't keep up.  I think it will be the same way...we will "catch something" in the new world, but never know it because our immune system is so effective.  After all, it was designed by Jehovah to work the way it does today....it just might not be working at 100% today.  Imagine in the new world, you get a virus up your nose, and just a few minutes later, you sneeze it out and you're done!  That's it!

That's just my non-scientific/wannabe doctor thoughts.  I'll let someone else chime in if you're looking for something deeper.  But I don't think we'll know the details until we're there....

One thing I know for sure is that chronic conditions will no longer be the source of cancer cells building in some people. Acute responses (from early stadium to advanced stages) in people are definitely different to the slow building, chronic conditions that many people suffer with today. So it will be wonderful when Jehovah fixes all that, indeed.

- Read the Bible daily 

this is along the same lines as my old question that i dont often ask because its "loaded"....in the new system, if you are riding your horse along a lovely canyon with no care in the world...but your horse steps in a hole and you tumble off head first onto a huge rock....wont you need a doctor?   That has nothing to do with imperfection...its a natural consequence of a horse running.   I know this has nothing to do with germs or the immune system but it has a lot to do with being reasonable and realistic about health issues in the new system.

Also,,,we heal and we recover....why would Jehovah have created these defenses if we werent originally designed to need them?

Just now, careful said:

but your horse steps in a hole and you tumble off head first onto a huge rock

I think when it comes to a potentially serious injury, an angel will swoop in and protect us.  We will be closer to the angels at that time.  Don't know for sure, but that's what I'd imagine...

54 minutes ago, careful said:

this is along the same lines as my old question that i dont often ask because its "loaded"....in the new system, if you are riding your horse along a lovely canyon with no care in the world...but your horse steps in a hole and you tumble off head first onto a huge rock....wont you need a doctor?   That has nothing to do with imperfection...its a natural consequence of a horse running.   I know this has nothing to do with germs or the immune system but it has a lot to do with being reasonable and realistic about health issues in the new system.

Also,,,we heal and we recover....why would Jehovah have created these defenses if we werent originally designed to need them?

I would hope too that if the horse broke his ankle or leg, that he would be able to heal like us and not need to be destroyed as done today.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

7 hours ago, careful said:

I think you answered your own question. Why did Jehovah create our bodies with mechanisms to heal wounds or broken bones if he was going to send his angels to magically prevent us from ever hurting ourselves? Obviously he had no intention to do that. Jesus was a perfect man, yet his physiology was not very different from the rest of us. His flesh could be wounded and his bones could be broken.

So it stands to reason that, in the new world, if we fall from a horse and break a leg, we may have to spend some time with a cast until we recover. If we get hurt while building a house, it will take some time until we heal. It will hurt but we won't die from it. Maybe we will heal more quickly. If we eat something in bad condition we will have a diarrhea or belly ache. If we take a bath in frozen water in the middle of winter, we will feel bad afterwards. Surely there is a reason why Jehovah created medicinal herbs that soothe many ailments. People will no longer be sick in the sense of serious life-threatening or chronical diseases. Maybe we will be immune to viruses (or maybe not). But if Jehovah endowed us with healing systems that's because we are going to need them.

6 hours ago, dove said:

I would hope too that if the horse broke his ankle or leg, that he would be able to heal like us and not need to be destroyed as done today.

I firmly believe that being a veterinarian will be a legit career choice in the New World.  Animals will still need to be looked after in medical ways.

I also believe that First Aid for humans will be needed - just in case the rider falls when the horse breaks his leg. 😉  We can still twist our ankles by stepping wrong, break bones, maybe even need stitches.  I believe our muscles will feel tired and sore after working hard and a soothing herbal bath will help a lot.  

I believe the midwives/doulas will be needed, too.  Even with perfect bodies, childbirth is an ordeal and a time when women really want someone around who knows how to help and what's going on.  Even the best, perfect husband may not fit the bill there.. ❤️ 

Aspects of health are always interesting to speculate on.

I don't think that broken bones etc. will be very common. They would be primarily due to external circumstances. However, these conditions can be managed within the framework of e.g. occupational safety, or restrictions regarding hobbies etc. I wouldn't rule out supernatural protection either. After all, talk of broken bones is just semantics. Why not rupture of blood vessels (internal bleeding), brain injuries or nerve damage? I would think that these are equally likely in a situation where you fall off a horse.  Ordinary bruises hardly fall into this category. They would heal over time. On the other hand, genetic and hereditary factors also play a role in how easily people get damaged. Many diseases weaken both the immune defense and e.g. bones.  The same goes for gaining weight. Lucky are those who eat as much as they want but don't gain weight during this time. I'm not in favor of the junk food industry after Armageddon, but I don't want to bloat into a barrel after a few delicious meals. No… 

Oh No Cat GIF by Unscreen
It is interesting that the Bible shows above all the connection between spiritual health and obedience. But in theory it could also apply to physical health in NW. If someone were to get a cold in the new world, it would be worth considering whether the person is even spiritually healthy.

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

4 hours ago, Hope said:

I believe our muscles will feel tired and sore after working hard and a soothing herbal bath will help a lot. 

John 4:6

In fact, Jacob’s well was there.+ Now Jesus, tired out as he was from the journey, was sitting at the well. It was about the sixth hour.

Confirmed.  😁