JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your weather like today?

It's been a major cold nap here last week, with temps going as low as 3'F (-17'C). Fortunately today it got above freezing and things are starting to melt. We're gonna shoot up to about 55'F in the middle of this week.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

It's interesting to watch the weather go across the US. We had the clear and cold for about 2 weeks. Cold for us is 23-26 F. I know its down right balmy for most of you but it's irritatingly cold for us. We have mostly cool and rainy in winter. Maybe a snow storm or 2, which is a treat, in Jan. or Feb. Anywho..... I watched the cold front as it went over the Cascades, into Idaho and continued across. I may be wrong but it seems to take about 10 days to reach the other coast. It seemed to pick up water as it traveled so many got the snow.

Interesting. Anyone a metorologist?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I have always found meteorologist to be a funny term for a weatherman. Think about how the word sounds, and tell me what you would think a meteorologist would be doing :-)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Meteorology is the interdisciplinary scientific study of the atmosphere. Meteorological phenomena are observable weather events which illuminate, and are explained by the science of meteorology. Those events are bound by the variables that exist in Earth's atmosphere; temperature, air pressure, water vapor, and the gradients and interactions of each variable, and how they change in time. The word "meteorology" is from Greek μετέωρος meteor's "lofty; high (in the sky)" (from μετα- meta- "above" and ἐωρ eōr "to lift up") and -λογία -logia "-(o)logy".

OK, now that I appear to be sooo ultra-intelligent.....meteorology sounds like the study of meteors to me! :nope:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

OK, now that I appear to be sooo ultra-intelligent.....meteorology sounds like the study of meteors to me! :nope:

Exactly! So on the evening news, it should be like...

News Anchor: "Okay, now were gonna go over to meteorologist John Smith. John, how's it looking?"

Meteorologist (staring out window): "All clear at the moment."

News Anchor: "Great! Now let's check in with sports....."

The Sun is Shining again.

I am packing to go camping. SO >:D<.. Going North.

I will catch up in 4 weeks. :wave:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Snowing like crazy here all day long....my husbands been throwing up and coughing his head off all day.First time he's been sick for over two years and he missed work. He NEVER misses work.....I had to make him stay home.

It is a really yecky day in our house.

Well talk about crazy weather. Here in New Plymouth, New Zealand we have had consistent 23-25 dg Celcius [ You will have to convert that to F.] Then yesterday it plummetted to 17 and had fresh snow well down the Mountain . It's about 3/4 hour drive to the Mt. House. There was only a little bit of snow on the top the previous day. Then today a tsunami warning as there had been a 8 earthquake in the Solomon Is, so we were told to stay away from the beach which is at the end of my road!!!! Have the C O visit this week and then on Fri my friends Greg and Shelly Flogerzi from LA;, actually north of there, are coming to stay with me for 2 months to help out with the Chinese interest in our area. Several of the bros. are learning the language and we are getting 3 or 4 coming along to the mtgs. Exciting times. Jehovah is sure speeding up the work. I was baptised in 1956 so seen a lot of changes.

145247=7975-Latest 192.jpg

what a beautiful photo, I just want to go there and breathe that fresh clean air.

In Australia we too had the tsunami warning. My son was at the surf, obviously not replying to my text messages, but I guess the lifeguards would have closed the beach if it was a real threat.

Today around 30 degrees, sunny and warm.

• 2 weeks later...

At long last the sun is Shining. We have had rain for. Feels like 40 days & nights lol.

We are home now. We were up Northen part of NSW. So much rain. You could see the were the flods had been. We were warned about more flooding. So 11hrs later. Relief. yipeee.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

We've been seeing the news up here about all the rain and flooding you've been getting.

We're just happy if we can get some rain!!

What a difference !!!

Oh - I got up this morning at 5:30 - and the temperature was 20C.

Yayyyyyy !!!!!!!!!

I do believe this is officially 'autumn' here!

We've been seeing the news up here about all the rain and flooding you've been getting.

We're just happy if we can get some rain!!

What a difference !!!

Oh - I got up this morning at 5:30 - and the temperature was 20C.

Yayyyyyy !!!!!!!!!

I do believe this is officially 'autumn' here!

I just love this global brtoherhood! You're welcoming Autumn and just last night I was appreciating the daylight at 6:30 pm! I love it that it's staying light longer and light earlier. On March 1st daylight savings time happens so it will take away some of the early light in the morning (when I work) but it will be light later. So it's a fine trade off.

We've had a pretty decent winter here in the Pacific NorthWest. Only a couple weeks of real cold and ice but mostly just winter gray. There's supposed to be another storm coming in today but we'll see. Seattle called for a "storm" on Friday with 50+ winds but that's only a blustery day for us, and it never happened anyway. A wind storm here is at least 80 MPH winds. Anything over that and we get a bit concerned but not overly.

• 2 weeks later...

Snow, what's that. Our mountain is bare and the whole of the North Island of New Zealand and much of the South has been declared a drought area. Poor cattle and sheep. Some farms have 1ft deep cracks through their paddocks. Hoping for some rain tomorrow but we need a week of it at least. At least we have been able to get out every day with the invitations but it is so hot I only do mornings. Agape Phyllis

It's snowing here since last night. No big accumulations. Looks real nice though and the snow is perfect for snowball fight. I don't really pay attention to what it's going to be like....just look out the window and deal with that crazy New England weather. Here's what it's like now

151529=8311-2013-03-19_13-47-49_235.jpg