JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your weather like today?

I don.t know if this is a comfort. We.ve had rain & cloudy days since Tuesday. You know what I find amuzing is that Every Christmas days. For as long as I can remember & easter holidays It rains in bucket loads. I look out now & see the grey clouds coming over. I think the snow must be pretty. My auntie in Canada speaks of shovelling snow of the drive & car.Is that the same for you Guys?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I don.t know if this is a comfort. We.ve had rain & cloudy days since Tuesday. You know what I find amuzing is that Every Christmas days. For as long as I can remember & easter holidays It rains in bucket loads. I look out now & see the grey clouds coming over. I think the snow must be pretty. My auntie in Canada speaks of shovelling snow of the drive & car.Is that the same for you Guys?
Yep, we have cleaned off the car and shoveled several times today, my husband parked the car out of the garage and facing downhill because he didn't want to be stuck in our driveway at 4 am when he leaves for work.

139262=7693-108.JPG

Wow we Nancy. Thats amazing. I don.t really get to see that muat much snow. One time out at Blackheath. A place near the Blue mountains we went in the winter. It was freezing

We looked out over this sport field & it had a thin cover of ice it was pretty withe sun on it. Thanks for sharing. Xo

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Dorothy--I have been watching Selling Alaska on TV and have fallen in love with Alaska. I am sure it has something to do with the magnificent properties with all the water access by plane or boat but they are incrediable to dream about. Stay warm and dress in layers!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Lesie, i have watched the same show a frw times. I saw the one with the football punter AMAZING.

I was born in Alaska - Fairbanks on the base, but ay age 2 dad was reassigned back to Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, so i grew up here. I always want to gback for a vacation. I just haven't planned it out yet.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Dorothy--I have been watching Selling Alaska on TV and have fallen in love with Alaska. I am sure it has something to do with the magnificent properties with all the water access by plane or boat but they are incrediable to dream about. Stay warm and dress in layers!

One thing I was surprised. I watched Endless Summer 1 & 2 great surf movies. I was surprised to see that there is surf In Alaska..Call be a blonde Bimbo Lols. These guys would go pass the Bears fully covered up in wetsuits & heads covered.Up as well. Cool to think where you might be able to go if you Brave enough..

Today is Sunny & warm with a twist of a breeze..Its a good day for :boating:

If Britain hadn't had a spring drought 2012 would have been the wettest year ever recorded. It was the wettest Summer to Winter, but due to the Spring drought 2012 it's only the 2nd wettest year ever recorded.The ground is so saturated that water is welling up boreholes and staying on the surface making lakes of fields.There is now a National landslip/subsidence alert as well as regular flood alerts.

We had drought until March then relentless rain. We have lost great numbers of our wildlife that live in burrows or nest on the ground. Damp weather has increased fungal disease and we are losing our native Ash Trees to a nasty fungal disease that has spread via spores blowing in from Denmark that has lost most of it's native species already. There have been damp fungal problems in houses increasing the incidence of asthma and other lung problems. Livestock and horses are suffering foot rot everywhere. Crops have drowned increasing food prices.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2255042/UK-floods-A-naturalist-laments-hidden-toll-wettest-year-ever.html

"A watery grave for our wildlife: Birds drowned in their nests. Butterflies obliterated. Sheep and cattle fighting to survive. A naturalist laments the hidden toll of our wettest year ever"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20903816 "The Met office says changing sea temperatures, melting Arctic ice and rising global temperatures could all be influencing Britain's rainfall patterns. As the higher temperatures carry more moisture in the atmosphere that falls on Britain as rain we could be expecting endless months of rain as a regular phenomenon."

So much for the people who thought global warming would be a good thing for this country. They were hoping for warmer sunnier weather, growing more 'warmer climate' fruits and crops like Southern Italy. They didn't factor in the amount of melt water from northern ice and Atlantic sea evaporation higher temperatures would cause.

We have a heatwave. Tomorrow being Tuesday is going to be for

The Illawarra 48 plus. Yeowosers.. I know Adelaide will be mega

Bad. Stay cool Clez if you can..:drink:

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Tucson az. Last nights low was 19!! its currntly 34 degrees f right now 1230 in the afternoon sun up high and all! Most of the winter november and december was still hot now its been way cold!! very strange

welcome to the forum neighbor! We just received our dates for the convention in Tucson in July. Then it will be burning hot!!:wave:

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Vegas has been the same way the last week - COLD!! I mean we hit a near all time low 23 degrees F or -4 C - BURRRR

Thankfully we won't have any more of that. It is warming up - WHEW! Back to the 40s next week.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Catherine, A few years back we spent some of the winter in Tucson and while we were there it got down to 19 degrees. The water in the RV park we were in all froze up cuz they had the pipes barely buried. We went there to get away from the cold and got back in it!! In Alaska we have had temp up to nearly 40 above , we got freezing rain and the roads were like a skating rink. Now is supposed to to 40 below in the next few days! Brrrrrrr:eek:

Catherine, A few years back we spent some of the winter in Tucson and while we were there it got down to 19 degrees. The water in the RV park we were in all froze up cuz they had the pipes barely buried. We went there to get away from the cold and got back in it!! In Alaska we have had temp up to nearly 40 above , we got freezing rain and the roads were like a skating rink. Now is supposed to to 40 below in the next few days! Brrrrrrr:eek:

wow Alaska! Do you go salmon fishing there?! Yum yum

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Right now it is 80° and clear. For the past two weeks we have been working in T-shirts. They are saying that it should cool off by the weekend ... it is supposed to be in the upper 60's.

We have wondered where else in th US you could work, dressed like this in January - other than Hawaii - and for it to seem NORMAL.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~