JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your weather like today?

Sorry Bob, to dappen your holiday cheer,:)-D. But it is said its loving to share with all your brothers, LoL, I have been longing to get back to body boarding. we have not had a proper summer for 4years which means we also be up for bush fires..

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Beautiful & sunny the weather is finally warming up. About a week to spring,,We still get some chilly weather, Still snow for Thredbo, but I am smiling :D(:P)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

The present storm has passed, and the damaged is being tallied.

Unfortunately, there is another storm just to the south of us moving our way. It could hit anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours from now.

There is a chance that the storm could just miss us and just leave some light rain. There is also a chance that we get the full force just like the one that just hit us.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Henderson+NV+89015

It is like totally AWESOME! outside.

Only in the desert does less than 1" of rain cause MASSIVE flooding. The water doesn't soak in, it just puddles.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

New update -

The next storm will be just touching us in 30 to 60 minutes, but it will not be as intense as the last one. There will be light to moderate rain throughout the valley.

Around 8:00pm to 9:00pm, there will be a third storm hitting us. It is much smaller in size, but very intense. There will be heavy rains but it will not be over the entire valley. The areas that get hit, will get hit hard for a short period of time.

Plan your evening accordingly.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Today the sun is out & the days are heating up. 25 degrees during the day. Time to come out of hybernation. LOL, But the mornings are still chilly. I usually like to go for walks in the morning before the mad day starts. But now the weather is picking up.:)

This was sent today

The following email is being sent on behalf of Ryan Turner, City of Henderson Emergency Management Coordinator:

Greetings Everyone,

I wanted to send out a quick email thanking everyone for their participation in the response and recovery process for the large amount of rainfall in Henderson. We received in excess of 3” of rain in a 12 hour period in some parts of the city. The Regional Flood Control reported that this was 3rd wettest 24 hour period in the Southern Nevada since they started keeping records and MANY of the gauges were much wetter than the official total. To respond to the incident we conducted the following:

• Activated the All-Hazards Emergency Operations Plan and a soft opening Emergency Operations Center from 10am – 4:15pm.

• Coordinated Public Communication, Awareness, Warning and Information related to the incident.

• Coordinated and supported on-scene operations.

• Coordinated our activity with Clark County and State of Nevada Emergency Management.

• Activated the Mobile Command Post for rescue operations.

• Conducted windshield surveys and rapid damage assessment to prioritize cleanup efforts.

• We also tracked cost related to this incident.

Currently we are working on rescue efforts and debris removal across the city in the recovery process. I believe the City of Henderson was prepared to respond and those who participated were engaged in the process. The professional demeanor displayed is a testimony to the City of Henderson employees focus during the incident. Also, the high level of collaboration between city departments was revealed by the response efforts. I appreciate the enthusiasm and positive attitudes over this entire operation. Your efforts contributed to the goal of providing for the safety of our citizens and help make us Americas premier community.

Thank You,

All that for 3" in 12 hours. The 3rd wetest we have been since they have been tracking it.

Today - ALL sun-shiney again :sunshine:

Soon .....

Today our weather was beautiful. It was great to enjoy the warmth of the sun, But we are in for a rough night, The Illawarra is expected to get Mega strong winds and thunderstorms, We have had a few trees knocked down in our area. But its been nice to get back out and go preaching, Everyone that I have meet at the doors has been happy and For the first time in a while I have been able to read a scripture.That has been this whole week, So hopefully tomorrow will be the same.:boating::bible:

Today our weather was beautiful. It was great to enjoy the warmth of the sun, But we are in for a rough night, The Illawarra is expected to get Mega strong winds and thunderstorms, We have had a few trees knocked down in our area. But its been nice to get back out and go preaching, Everyone that I have meet at the doors has been happy and For the first time in a while I have been able to read a scripture.That has been this whole week, So hopefully tomorrow will be the same.:boating::bible:

Heres hoping you don't get the weather we had the last couple of days. :(

Trees down all across the city, rain, hail and electricity out in most suburbs . . . it has been FREEZING now for weeks. The wind is straight off the South Pole and I am sure I saw bits of penguin feathers flying past me in the gusty sonditions. :eek:

It has not been fun weather Jan. I remember when he were down in Yorke Peninsula early this year, The dramatic changes of the weather and the sea.One thing I did find amazing is how long the sun stays out. Like 9:30-10pm, I enjoyed the sunsets. We missed the bad weather that was forecast, Its not fun having no electricty. I have run my car into fallen trees. I know off topic. here but were I use to live. No street lights and it still is kinda country. I was coming home from a meeting and a tree had blocked the road I thought I go around, but the tree was bigger than I thought opened up the car like a can opener..

But todays weather here is sunny and a little breezy but awesome.

Summer is in the air. Today is so nice. To be able to sit out doors. I'm, loving the weather.

We have had the wettest summer this year - not just drizzle rain that you can go out in with and umbrella, but driving torrential rain.Ministry has had to be regularly abandoned as the street drains spouted with the force of the rain. We have hardly had the literature market stall out this year because the street was running like a shallow river most Saturdays, which cancelled the market for the other trader's stalls too. Our pioneers have really struggled in this weather. Relentless damp has found many who don't have dehumidifiers, having to put Central Heating on, not because it's cold, but because the damp is mouldering clothing and shoes in closets and perishable food very quickly and our homes need drying out.Sales of dehumidifiers have rocketed. Reports on the media speak of ruined farmer's crops and rising food prices in the shops and scarcity of some produce because we have wet weather while other countries have had droughts ruining their crops. Monday - a National Bank Holiday was another 'washout' with more cancelled Country Shows and events because of waterlogged venues. We could have tramped round one or two remaining activities in our wellies/gumboots, but parking cars on fields that would get churned up with vehicle activity is not good and waiting to get towed off with the aid of the farmer's tractor is time consuming, so we didn't go even to those that went ahead :surrender: our car is not a 4X4 - too costly to run on the expensive gas/petrol here. It rained all day and night that Monday and the local news showed the result beside a swollen river in the town of Egremont next to ours (in our Ministry territory):

124054=6877-egremont apartment collapse It's thought heavy rain damaged the foundations of the apartments that started to collapse early the following morning. These apartments are used to house contract workers who travel here during the week to work at the nearby Nuclear power station and they go home for the weekends and holidays, so the apartment was thankfully empty when the back wall fell into the river Ehen .http://www.itv.com/news/border/story/2012-08-28/building-collapse-cumbria/ Tuesday has been the first sunny day in weeks, as you see in the picture,but rained again all that night.

Well it's official. UK has had the wettest summer since records began. A day ago they said it was the worst for a hundred years, but they have revised that as rain continues to cause havoc. Our area has been badly hit again this week. A train carrying 100 workers from our town to the nuclear plant was derailed by a landslip that covered the line with heaps of dirt and also undermined the line as the hill slipped from underneath it too. The train just came off the line, but did not tip over, so there were no injuries. Another locomotive was sent to rescue the 100 passengers stranded in the first train, but it got stuck behind a second landslide and had to be dug out!

124324=6887-landslip.jpg Today we were on Ministry in Egremont and commiserating with poor folk rendered homeless by the floods that have destroyed over a hundred homes in the town of Egremont, and villages of Gosforth, Seascale, St Bees and Beckermet in our territory and washed away cars and ancient farm walls and left some old bridges in a precarious state. It was warm and sunny that morning, but by lunch-time the rain had started again, so we went home so as not to get stranded at Egremont. The apartments shown in my previous posting belonged to a couple who owned a hotel near Beckermet village and now that has been flooded - poor souls, double blow for them! Glad I live atop a hill, but the edge of the hill, by the coast over the railway line, is a landslip hazard and they have evacuated one of the homes there just in case there is a rock fall on it. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/30/train-derails-west-cumbria-landslide http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-19420159

Well it's official. UK has had the wettest summer since records began. A day ago they said it was the worst for a hundred years' date=' but they have revised that as rain continues to cause havoc. Our area has been badly hit again this week. A train carrying 100 workers from our town to the nuclear plant was derailed by a landslip that covered the line with heaps of dirt and also undermined the line as the hill slipped from underneath it too. The train just came off the line, but did not tip over, so there were no injuries. Another locomotive was sent to rescue the 100 passengers stranded in the first train, but it got stuck behind a second landslide and had to be dug out!

124324=6887-landslip.jpg Today we were on Ministry in Egremont and commiserating with poor folk rendered homeless by the floods that have destroyed over a hundred homes in the town of Egremont, and villages of Gosforth, Seascale, St Bees and Beckermet in our territory and washed away cars and ancient farm walls and left some old bridges in a precarious state. It was warm and sunny that morning, but by lunch-time the rain had started again, so we went home so as not to get stranded at Egremont. The apartments shown in my previous posting belonged to a couple who owned a hotel near Beckermet village and now that has been flooded - poor souls, double blow for them! Glad I live atop a hill, but the edge of the hill, by the coast over the railway line, is a landslip hazard and they have evacuated one of the homes there just in case there is a rock fall on it. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/30/train-derails-west-cumbria-landslide http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-19420159[/quote'] You have some freaky land slides. & the structure on that building,:omg: Its freaky what the conditions of the weather can do to the land and the structure of the buildings become weak. A lot of the wealthy houses on the east coast, from Sydney up have been having to sell there homes, the counsels have been buying back the properties, because of the erosion along the beaches and the cliffs.

This was sent today

The following email is being sent on behalf of Ryan Turner, City of Henderson Emergency Management Coordinator:

Greetings Everyone,

I wanted to send out a quick email thanking everyone for their participation in the response and recovery process for the large amount of rainfall in Henderson. We received in excess of 3” of rain in a 12 hour period in some parts of the city. The Regional Flood Control reported that this was 3rd wettest 24 hour period in the Southern Nevada since they started keeping records and MANY of the gauges were much wetter than the official total. To respond to the incident we conducted the following:

• Activated the All-Hazards Emergency Operations Plan and a soft opening Emergency Operations Center from 10am – 4:15pm.

• Coordinated Public Communication, Awareness, Warning and Information related to the incident.

• Coordinated and supported on-scene operations.

• Coordinated our activity with Clark County and State of Nevada Emergency Management.

• Activated the Mobile Command Post for rescue operations.

• Conducted windshield surveys and rapid damage assessment to prioritize cleanup efforts.

• We also tracked cost related to this incident.

Currently we are working on rescue efforts and debris removal across the city in the recovery process. I believe the City of Henderson was prepared to respond and those who participated were engaged in the process. The professional demeanor displayed is a testimony to the City of Henderson employees focus during the incident. Also, the high level of collaboration between city departments was revealed by the response efforts. I appreciate the enthusiasm and positive attitudes over this entire operation. Your efforts contributed to the goal of providing for the safety of our citizens and help make us Americas premier community.

Thank You,

All that for 3" in 12 hours. The 3rd wettest we have been since they have been tracking it.

Today - ALL sun-shiney again :sunshine:

I meant to comment on this when I read it and just now I read another article made me think of it.....that's alot of rain,what about all the people who live in the storm drains and tunnels out there??? I wondered how they did when this rain was falling.

Gabe - what is Illawarra? Is it like our hurricanes or tornadoes?

Today is nice and sunny, still humid though, temp is around 85 degrees F. We have two or three circulations out in the Atlantic we are watching, but the weathermen don't think they will hit Florida. Ocan waves are rather strong as well as the rips. Hurricane Isaac went up through the Panhandle I think last week, but has fallen back down to the Gulf. It is very disorganized, but if it reorganizes, it will be renamed Nadine. We just can't seem to get rid of Isaac. :boating:

Gabe - what is Illawarra? Is it like our hurricanes or tornadoes? :

The Illawarra is an area of New South Wales that covers an area near the coast that would be like Long Island NY in size.

Things are cooling down in NE Ohio. Highs in the low 80's instead of near 100. And we have had rain! I have not had to mow the grass in 2 months, now I have had to mow twice in the last 2 weeks.

Garden is dying, leaves are starting to change colors.... Old Man Winter, whom I despise BTW, is starting to scope out the area.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Things are cooling down in NE Ohio. Highs in the low 80's instead of near 100. And we have had rain! I have not had to mow the grass in 2 months, now I have had to mow twice in the last 2 weeks.

Garden is dying, leaves are starting to change colors.... Old Man Winter, whom I despise BTW, is starting to scope out the area.

The only thing winter is good for is Hybernating & cosing up by the fire. & If you allowed to sleep in. LOL.

My Dad use to call on a Lady from England. she would spend her summers here in Aussie. & would go to The Canary Islands in the winter.

I have an Aunty in Wassaga Beach Canada. She has lived in Canada since 1965. She spends her winters in Florida Keys..I have always liked the idea of trying to find that Endless Summer.

After watching the Surfing movies.

Today our weather is Sunny and we have very strong Southerlies. But still pleasant. & still on the cool side a little.

Gabe - what is Illawarra? Is it like our hurricanes or tornadoes?

Today is nice and sunny, still humid though, temp is around 85 degrees F. We have two or three circulations out in the Atlantic we are watching, but the weathermen don't think they will hit Florida. Ocan waves are rather strong as well as the rips. Hurricane Isaac went up through the Panhandle I think last week, but has fallen back down to the Gulf. It is very disorganized, but if it reorganizes, it will be renamed Nadine. We just can't seem to get rid of Isaac. :boating:

Our winds aren't as bad as your Tornadoes. But I say are scarey enough. I am glad to be in doors when they hit. Last night was a shocker.

Hope Issac sons passes on bye...

• 2 weeks later...

Just when we thought the torrential rain was over and we had 2 days sun then the worst rain storm in 30 years and more scary floods over our region and opposite in Northumbria on our East Coast.

Footage of what happened when a couple of culvet drains burst and a little version of Niagara Falls opened up across the main road from Newburn to Newcastle City and right under a block of flats and washed all the ground out from under the building to 10-15 feet deep, leaving the foundation pillars high out of the ground and all the debri rushed down the road towards Newcastle and nearly buried a man alive in his car. He struggled out and his car was completely buried.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/9567398/Weather-flats-left-close-to-collapse-after-floods-in-Newburn.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-19730194

The main railway line and A1M Motorway (Freeway) from Newcastle to London has been flooded for 50 miles. 400+ homes flooded and until tomorrow 57 flood warnings, especially for the ancient city of York with it's 1000 year old narrow Viking style streets ( called by their old name of gates) under a few feet of water already as the River Ouse has burst it's banks - 2000 households preparing to be evacuated there.

Weird weather phenomena in Scotland during the same storm - the sea whipped up foam that came in on all the seafront homes, up to a metre deep in some places, like deep snow!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-19716141

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/9565211/Strange-sea-foam-blankets-Scottish-fishing-village-as-storms-batter-Britain.html

The weather forecasters say we will have snow flurries but no accumulation , in the foothills of eastern Colorado on Thursday. The weather has been unbearably hot since May and , even though I don't function well in extreme cold, I'm ready for it now. I will probably feel differently about it by January. Today is sunny and 70 degrees.

We are having awesome weather. I.m in Narooma & its like paradise

Here. We have also had lots of strong winds. But i heard last night

We are in for a heatwave & hot hot summer. I suppose its courtesy

Of the Northern hemp?. Lols