JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your weather like today?

We are having a Tropical Storm Warning here in the panhandle of Florida.

My dad is in Ft. Lauderdale right now. I spoke to him last night, the winds were pretty intense, he was on the beach when I called, and I could hear the wind. Lots of rain he said, but nothing major.

Lots of rain due to TS Debby...tornadoes spinning out...heat down to mid-80's in the day due to the cloud cover. Just north of me in Jacksonville and St. Augustine they had 10 inches of rain. Next week we expect 90's (as usual) but the humidityn will be in the 90's. Soooo sticky and hot. Very warm winter - had the AC on since January. Did door to door for 30 minutes one day while it was in the 90's and was DRENCHED from perspiration. BUT I was able to place 10 magazines in that half hour. I was ecstatic!

And Jerry, really, just 2% humidity! We would give our right arms (just kidding) for that humidity!

:sweat:

We suffered flooding of the car park at the convention at the weekend, but were so glad to get home as flooding got much worse after we left. The first shot on this news video is lightening hitting the Tyne Bridge not far from the Convention venue: http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/23975

115398=6340-quaysideNewcastle2012.jpg The road to the convention site after it was over and we got home!

115398=6341-Gateshead2012.jpg A road on the way to our accommodation for the convention after we left to go home!

We suffered flooding of the car park at the convention at the weekend' date=' but were so glad to get home as flooding got much worse after we left. The first shot on this news video is lightening hitting the Tyne Bridge not far from the Convention venue: http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/23975

115398=6340-quaysideNewcastle2012.jpg The road to the convention site after it was over and we got home!

115398=6341-Gateshead2012.jpg A road on the way to our accommodation for the convention after we left to go home![/quote'] WOW! Retro what a situation to be in..Around the south areas where we live, It floods badly my hubby was coming home from work one night from the south the roads were blocked to the flooding. Its amazing were all that water comes from.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Ok so my top picks of where people are in this order. Musky in San Diego,Ron in ireland, Adelaide Australia and finally davenport Iowa. I don like heat a ton but that's what comes living in the valley. It's been about 95 last few days and I feel like I will just melt into a puddle but we may be in for some relief

This is what they mean when they say DRY heat. 100 f is not too bad. It is when it goes over that.

A lot of elderly move out here. It is easy on the arthritis. It only rains a hand full of daysD

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

About 20 years ago I was doing traveling nurse work and wound up in Colorado Springs during the summer. Had the news on and about had a heart attack - the humidity was 7%! It was really quite beautiful. Back to the present - Tropical Storm Debby has left us and now we are in mid to high 90's, high humidity, and no afternoon rains yet. In the summer we get afternoon rains almost every day when the sea breezes from the east and the west collide. Provides relief for a few minutes, but afterwards it is back to icky sticky!:sweat:

We hear all the news of the horrible heat, the floods and tornados and hurricanes and we are enjoying a wonderful summer in Alaska. Our days are looooooong and wonderful. Right now we have nearly 23 hours of possible sunshine and the temps are in the 70s and 80s, nights in the 50s, and humidity at 20%. We put up with the long cold winters to be rewarded by a summer like THIS. Plus we have no snakes, no ticks, no chiggers, and other creepy crawlers. Since we live close to town, we don't have many mosquitos like we used to. (Out in the Bush there are lots of mosquitos) We hardly ever have hard winds - if it gets 40 mph we think it's terrible. BTW we had a wonderful 60th anniversary party. All the family was here plus about 60 or 70 from the congregation. The weather was georgeous, couldn't have been better. We are SO BLESSED to have so many years together. I would wish that for ALL my bros & sisters.

It sure is KKKaaaaa!Cold here in Bellambi.. I want to go were the sun is shining and you can go body boarding... I Know a place called Narooma

its beautiful Jan. When its cold and raining else where Narooma is almost like the Gold coast...

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Yeah enough's enough with the cold weather and rain. Its sooo! cold here. I feel like i'm starting to Imitate my father in~law he is British. LOL.