JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #2

We usually receive Governing Body Update #2 by the middle of March (or early March).

Therefore we are expecting Update #2 next week.

Does anyone know who our host will be or the subject matter?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

The very first Governing Body Update was released on Wednesday 18 March 2020.

Last year the GB Update was evidently scheduled to be released on Friday 10 March 2023, but was delayed due to the Hamburg tragedy the previous day. The update was therefore released on the following Monday, 13 March 2023 instead.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/54468-gunman-opens-fire-in-german-city-of-hamburg-brothers-and-sisters-wounded/

5 hours ago, Chris7 said:

the subject matter?

Maybe related to the comming memorial celebration 

It may be brother Keneth Cook.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 3/7/2024 at 1:04 PM, Chris7 said:

Geralmente recebemos a Atualização do Corpo Governante #2 até meados de março (ou início de março).

Portanto, estamos esperando a atualização #2 na próxima semana.

Alguém sabe quem será o nosso anfitrião ou o assunto?

From the spoiler given at the Gilead graduation, as well as the May-June 2024 book, but specifically the week of June 24-30, the subject of the new update will be songs and our songbook

Edited by TJ86

21 hours ago, TJ86 said:

From the spoiler given at the Gilead graduation, as well as the May-June 2024 book, but specifically the week of June 24-30, the subject of the new update will be songs and our songbook

I can't imagine what it is, but just knowing this makes me emotional.

I'm hoping that some of our old songs will be part of the songbook again. So be it! :praying:

19 minutes ago, Just another lowly sheep said:

What “spoiler” was given at the Gilead Graduation? I must humbly admit, I either don’t remember, or I missed it?

The last song sang was "Give Me Courage" at the Gilead Graduation.

And when it played the video it said Song 153. 

Our Songbook has only 151 songs. Therefore, we are looking forward to the next Update to announce that the songs from the conventions will be added to our digital songbook and used in the meetings.

IMG-20240310-WA0017.jpg

The new convention songs be incorporated into our current songbook in the order they were released each year. For example, song 152, ‘A Place That Will Bring You Praise,’ song 153, ‘Give Me Courage,’ song 154, ‘Unfailing Love,’ song 155, ‘Our Joy Eternally’, song 156, ‘With Eyes of Faith,’ song 157, ‘Peace at Last,’ and song 158, ‘It Will Not Be Late.’, and so on. (This way, we would have a progressive songbook. The songbook would be updated annually, and these songs could be included in our meetings.)

There are strong indications that we will have more songs to use in the meetings. Looks like It might be happening. We are looking forward to it.

Edited by TJ86

On 3/7/2024 at 4:04 PM, Chris7 said:

the subject matter?

Following on from the Governing Body Update 2023 #8, perhaps Brother Jørgen Pedersen will return to provide an update on the situation in Norway?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioNewsReports/docid-702023024_1_VIDEO

https://jwtalk.net/topic/53982-our-brothers-in-norway/page/2/#comment-976122

https://jwtalk.net/topic/53982-our-brothers-in-norway/page/2/#comment-976488

On 3/7/2024 at 4:04 PM, Chris7 said:

the subject matter?

Following the Hamburg tragedy in March 2023, the Governing Body Update 2023 #3 provided an update on the situation, including excepts from the special memorial service that was held.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioNewsReports/docid-702023009_1_VIDEO

Perhaps this update will likewise provide similiar information and exerpts following the October 2023 explosion at the Convention in India.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/56304-breaking-news-explosion-at-convention-in-india/

7 hours ago, Tony said:

Is it coming this Friday?

Almost certainly yes. If so, we might know by late Thursday perhaps ?🤔

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Will we hear news from our dear brotherhood in Russia and Ukraine?

Indeed. That would be amazing if possible, especially as the Memorial of Jesus’ Death approaches. Now is the right time to pray that Jehovah’s spirit helps our dear brothers and sisters to overcome challenges to prepare to commemorate Jesus death in a meaningful way (whatever their circumstances are, or where they are).

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

16 hours ago, Just another lowly sheep said:

What “spoiler” was given at the Gilead Graduation? I must humbly admit, I either don’t remember, or I missed it?

Gilead isn't really the place where we get new stuff. It's encouraging talks, mainly.

3 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

Thanks Sofia, does this mean the brother Sanderson is the host for the 2024 Governing Body Update #2 ?

yes

Just now, cme said:

Hi, I looked and we don't have it yet.

That's OK, because Friday release now looks like a certainty once all the translations are completed. (If I am not mistaken)

This also means brother Sanderson has another few days for his beard to grow more fully. (just kidding)

6 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

That's OK, because Friday release now looks like a certainty once all the translations are completed. (If I am not mistaken)

This also means brother Sanderson has another few days for his beard to grow more fully. (just kidding)

Correct, we usually get it on Fridays

• Dages locked this topic
  • carlos unlocked this topic