JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #2

2 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

I have 54 ties and 5 bowties. Is that a lot?

I am personally deciding to still wear them at Christian meetings and assemblies and the like even if I don't have to go on the stage.

BUT YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME WEAR A TIE EVER AGAIN WHILE PREACHING. Maybe on the witnessing carts though.

Do you seriously have 54 ties???

5 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

I am personally deciding to still wear them at Christian meetings and assemblies and the like even if I don't have to go on the stage.

BUT YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME WEAR A TIE EVER AGAIN WHILE PREACHING. Maybe on the witnessing carts though.

My husband decided the same

...just counted his ties and stopped by 60.....

Edited by Bluebell

17 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Not really, I've got over 110 ties, all clean, usable, and ready to wear - my old ties are in a box, stored away somewhere. I'm sure others have more though.

13 minutes ago, Adam! said:

So whose gonna dare come to the Memorial next week in their slacks and no ties?

If a brother as "a part of the program" a tie and jacket is required - but I wouldn't count the servers as being part of the program? So no tie or jacket required.

5 minutes ago, Bosko said:

But what about those who care about microphones?

These brothers are not "part of the program," similiar to attendants et al, and will not be required to wear either tie, or a jacket.

Edited by Parale

4 minutes ago, Parale said:

Unless they're adjusting the microphone at an Assembly - when they would be on the platform - then microphone handlers, memorial servers, attendants et al will not be required to wear either tie, or a jacket.

Sorry I ask, but is there any letter about that in English?

4 minutes ago, Bosko said:

Sorry I ask, but is there any letter about that in English?

I edited by post - the turn of phrase is "a part on the program... if that is the standard of dress in that land."

The announcement, in full was:

“The Governing Body has decided that sisters may choose to wear slacks when participating in the ministry and when attending Christian meetings, assemblies, and conventions.

If a sister chooses to wear slacks on such occasions, they should not be casual but dignified, modest, and appropriate.

When a sister has a part on the program, she should wear a skirt or a dress if that is the standard of dress in that land.

Of course, some sisters may choose to wear a skirt or a dress even when they do not have a part on the program.

In addition, brothers may choose not to wear a tie or a jacket when participating in the ministry and when attending Christian meetings, assemblies, and conventions.

If a brother chooses not to wear a tie or a jacket on such occasions, he should dress in a manner that is appropriate, modest, and dignified —not casual.

When a brother has a part on the program, he should wear a tie and a jacket if that is the standard of dress in that land.

Of course, some brothers may choose to wear a tie or a jacket even when they do not have a part on the program.

When visiting Bethel, it would be appropriate for brothers to wear a tie and a jacket and for sisters to wear a skirt or a dress if that is the standard of dress in that land.”

Edited by Parale

1 hour ago, felito said:

Hello brothers I just wanna let you know to you all that I’m selling ties at very low prices with big discounts.  

Anyone interested?

Please let me know.
Thank you very much for your attention.

😁

Do you have any Jerry Garcia ties? :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Dages said:

It makes sense, we are about to enter the Great Tribulation, we have to prepare our heart to see many exJW and non-JW people wanting to come back/join.

The King is coming and his Slave must be found faithful and discreet. Matthew 24:46.

This is all very exciting because of what it means overall about where we are in the stream of time. We are definitely in a Symbolic Christian Jubilee heading into the greater one in the new world. 

• Dages locked this topic
28 minutes ago, felito said:

Wow imagine The Governing Body Update # 3  🧐

I just said the same thing to my husband. Seems we are in for a lot of surprises this year. Maybe 2 day convention next, who knows. In any case, Jehovah's chariot is indeed on the move, and it's comforting to know that he is taking care of us in these last days.

• carlos unlocked this topic