JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #2

3 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

Google translate says: 'Empower yourself with style and break barriers of the past!'

Thanks. I forgot that I have a translate app on my phone.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

The 1st thing myself and 2 other pioneer sisters did was go on Vinted. There’s so many lovely and modest looking trousers (or slacks as Bro Sanderson said) and they’re a lot cheaper than buying from other stores. 

I’ve already bought a few, some brand new with tags on for just £5! 😱

would recommend it for other sisters who are looking to save a bit of money 

2 minutes ago, TheKid23 said:

The 1st thing myself and 2 other pioneer sisters did was go on Vinted. There’s so many lovely and modest looking trousers (or slacks as Bro Sanderson said) and they’re a lot cheaper than buying from other stores. 

I’ve already bought a few, some brand new with tags on for just £5! 😱

would recommend it for other sisters who are looking to save a bit of money 

Yep, been doing that for years.  Wonderful!

6 minutes ago, TheKid23 said:

The 1 thing I love about “slacks” is that now I can have pockets! Not many skirts have pockets and it can be a struggle😂

Yes!! Pockets, pockets, pockets.  I will not buy a skirt without pockets or a dress.  Agreed upon my lil sis.

Here is special thought for elders, husbands, and brothers need to keep in mind - we need to apply even moreso the spiritual counsel we received at our last convention -Exercise Patience.

Why?

Because our sisters, wives, daughters and mothers now need more time to work out what they are deciding to wear now that they have more choices in their wardrobe.

Even moreso if we accompanying them on their shopping expeditions.

Edited by Pabo

15 minutes ago, TheKid23 said:

Un étudiant biblique est devenu éditeur non baptisé et s'est acheté un tas de cravates la semaine dernière 🙈 

Poor man😁

That said : I hope dear brothers that you will not all abandon the tie and the suit (or a Hawaiian shirt, checkered shirt with a cowboy tie or a beautiful white djelabba) because on a personal level, I have always felt a lot of pride in introducing you to people who came to the meeting for the first time. In the world, many men follow fashion and sometimes it works against them. This is not the habit of our brothers. And for the sisters, the dresses are also very becoming even if there are also quite chic pants/jacket suits that will probably do the trick : Chanel, YSL, Givenchy, Dior... well, pants that cost an arm and a leg