JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #2

12 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Our terminology for erring ones is disfellowshipping. Excommunication is from christendom - and the sacraments or 7 sacraments are from the Catholic Church. 

1. the action of officially excluding someone from participation in the sacraments and services of the Christian Church.
    "he appealed against the papal sentence of excommunication"

In France, we use this vocabulary of "excommunication" and "excommunié" (excommunicated).

This is how we translate "disfellowshiped".

That's why she used it (she uses a translator too, I guess)

It's ok.

Edited by Dages

4 hours ago, Krusso said:

With just a few minutes, the GB eliminated at least 50 % of the ammunition of the apostates. The whole talk about how we treat disfellowshipped people lost 1/2 of the  weight. Not that we should be worried about what the apostates think or say. But the non apostate unbelievers who randomly listen to their arguments is of our concern . From now on we can say nope that is not how we do it anymore. 😊

Sadly those with an unrepentant heart will STILL find something else to complain and move the goalposts over. The issue with many who have fallen into apostasy is that once they are that far gone, they NEED something to validate their wayward course and confirm their demonic biases.

But this is a good article to consider for anyone dealing with confusion over recent developments:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/does-god-change-his-mind/

Doesn’t the Bible say that God never changes?

Yes, the Bible records God as saying: “I am Jehovah; I do not change.” (Malachi 3:6) Similarly, the Bible says that God “does not vary or change like the shifting shadows.” (James 1: 17) This, however, does not contradict what the Bible says about God changing his mind. God is unchangeable in that his personality and standards of love and justice never alter. (Deuteronomy 32:4; 1 John 4:8) Still, he can give different instructions to people at different times. For instance, God gave opposite instructions to King David for fighting two consecutive battles, yet both methods succeeded. —2 Samuel 5: 18- 25.

Edited by Rev214

And I’m finally up to date, after reading reams of pages and miles of posts on WhatsApp. I saw the update after it was released last night, and went to bed and slept the best sleep I’ve had in a long time. I knew it would be buzzing on JWTalk, and I share in the excitement.

But, I sorta know how the brothers feel tentatively growing their beards. It’s a big big change, and my head is still spinning! I’m going to check if I can still fit into my corporate pants I keep for job interviews. But not sure if I can be one of the first ones to wear it this afternoon for the special talk. I don’t want to feel awkward for this meeting.

9 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

But not sure if I can be one of the first ones to wear it this afternoon for the special talk. I don’t want to feel awkward for this meeting.

I’m going to look for a pants suit for the memorial.  I ditched my corporate clothes when we moved from the city to Byron Bay 20+ years ago.

36 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

check if I can still fit into my corporate pants

This is the scary part too 😂😂

But before I go splurging, I’d like to try on the old dress pants.

Edit: Ladies, shirt tucked in or blousy and out? 🤔

Edited by hatcheckgirl

1 minute ago, hatcheckgirl said:

This is the scary part too 😂😂

But before I go splurging, I’d like to try on the old dress pants.

Edit: Ladies, shirt tucked in or blousy and out? 🤔

Not tucked for me IF I wear them. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

There are two women that I love so much the way they dress: madam Zelenska and Ursula Von Der Leyen.

they look better in slacks then their counterparts in dresses

IMG_3647.jpeg

IMG_3648.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I remember that at the peak of the pandemic, we received guidance here in Brazil to deliver some letters, with brothers wearing shorts and sisters wearing pants, and it worked, the brothers' letters were delivered to the houses and it worked, everything is training for what is to come, I think in this way.

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

Bonjour de Nouvelle-Zélande à toute ma charmante famille ici.

J'écris avec un cœur débordé... je suis toujours en train de traiter l'information. Nous avons deux enfants exclus (adultes), un en Nouvelle-Zélande et un en Angleterre. Mon mari et moi envisageons la possibilité de les inviter tous les deux au mémorial. Nous ne pouvons pas le faire sur la base de pures émotions, afin que les derniers changements ne soient pas transformés en une échappatoire pour de nouveaux contacts inutiles. 

Donc, ici, je pense que c'est une bonne base pour notre famille, même avec le port ou non de cravates/pantalons. Pour nous, il s’agit de considérer les principes qui sous-tendent le changement. Une illustration formidable et préférée que nous apprécions est celle d’un arbre immense. Les membres ou les branches symbolisant les règles peuvent être coupés ou complètement coupés, mais le tronc, qui est le principe à partir duquel ces membres ou ces lois sont nés, reste le même.

Désormais, avec de nouveaux membres en place, les principes de modestie, d’amour pour Jéhovah et pour la congrégation demeurent. 

Puissions-nous tous, par l'intermédiaire du Consolateur... le Saint-Esprit de Jéhovah, voir la situation dans son ensemble. Quel Père miséricordieux et attentionné nous avons et que ceux qui sont exclus voient à quel point Jéhovah Jésus et leur famille spirituelle les aiment toujours et veulent tellement qu'ils reviennent.

Mes câlins chaleureux à ceux d’entre vous qui ont exclu des êtres chers. Puissent-ils revenir et faire partie de notre famille éternelle.

😘😘

As long as it's modest and not casual.

My question I'm going to ask ... Sisters doing sound desk ... I understand meeting parts and mics. But us secreted up the back?? Hehe. I think I know the answer. Skirt for me tomorrow  I think.

Another wee point if you are likely or prepared to volunteer a spare tie or skirt in the car might be a good idea.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

All Good News for so many reasons! I can vividly recall the day back about 1960 that my dad came home and saw my mother wearing Culottes or Pedal-pushers outside. He was in his mid 60's by then and didn't like it. My mother had good reasoning with him about it. She said when she had to bend over and work outside or around other people; that this was more decent and respectable than bending over in dresses. End of their discussion about it.

I think it was a mistake to tell my wife we are going to save money on shaving products for her legs. Just trying to be helpful and apply the new direction in a way she would appreciate it. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

5 hours ago, Dark King said:

My favorite part is about the disfellowshiping and having to go to the disfellowship person after a few months a few months could be two three or four months I really think most people should be only disFellowship for 6 months or less like in the book of Corinthians. Elders who work hard in Shepherd the person should be able to help a person become repentant in 6 months or less most people should be falling to this category.

To me if a person is as disFellowship one day but repent the next day he should be able to back into the congregation but this is just my opinion. It definitely should have never taken years.

I have a close friend of mine who was  disFellowship for over 30 years and he could not even remember what he would disFellowship for and they had to reinstate him without even knowing what he was this disFellowship for.

I really love this new understanding and really hope we can really take care of these ones whom Jehovah cares about so much. We have to show the same love that Jehovah shows for all his sheep.

In the last 2 years I've seen two people be disfellowshipped and come back around 6 months later. I was surprised by how quick it was (but very glad).